Badminton shoes

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by qwertyazerty, Dec 23, 2018.

1. qwertyazerty

qwertyazerty New Member

Hello im a beginner and i have been playing for half a year and can i wear the k62 kawasaki professional badminton shoe or just professional badminton shoes in general even though im a beginner?

2. Udit Jain

Udit Jain Regular Member

buy yonex shoes i have been using it for last 1 year or so it has improved my game also the grip is quite good

3. endFX

endFX Regular Member

Badminton tryhard
    Good shoes are one of the most important piece of equipment you need if you want to play well and not get injured.

Can you use professional badminton shoes? Sure if they fit your foot and you don't mind the price.

Does it have to be professional badminton shoes? No, any indoor/court sportshoe with good stability will do. But stay away from outdoor/running shoes.

Also you can check this thread for reference.
    https://www.badmintoncentral.com/fo...-guide-to-choosing-badminton-equipment.21851/

Fidget likes this.
  4. Jay Ng

Jay Ng Regular Member

Doesn’t necessarily have to be Yonex shoes but make sure you get to try the shoes first especially if you’re playing badminton more than just socially. Size, width and how your toes feel in the shoes is more important than brand.

Pic is my leading foot after an hour playing in casual trainers after taking up badminton again.

Attached Files:

5. qwertyazerty

qwertyazerty New Member

The shoes are really comfortable but it's just professional shoes and im worried if it's ok to wear them or not because i don't know the difference between pros and beginner shoes as well apart from looks

6. Jay Ng

Jay Ng Regular Member

Nothing wrong in buying something labelled “professional” even if you’re a beginner as long as you’re happy with what you’re spending. Shoes might be over engineered for your current skill level but that doesn’t mean it’ll be a bad thing as your skill level can improve whereas your shoes will stay the same unless you buy another pair.

Don’t confuse comfortable with being suitable. As a beginner comfortable will be fine but you’ll end up demanding more from a shoe when your skill level goes up.

7. Udit Jain

Udit Jain Regular Member

the reason why i stated Yonex coz i have tried different brand professional shoes and i am telling u from my own experience they were OK but not as great as Yonex, so that's why i always prefer the brand which gives me overall comfort