Victor Thruster K9900

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by MagicElite, Mar 20, 2015.

1. dtjovan

dtjovan Regular Member

20180817_231017-1024x576.jpg Going to do some ulimate tests soon...

2. Cesium

Cesium Regular Member

Web Developer
    I have the 4U version and it generates as much power as 3U head heavy rackets. Would definitely pick up the 3U version as well if anyone is selling....

Its very stiff so backhands, backhand drives can be a bit tough. Defence suffers a bit too. But if you can generate the power then this racket hits faster than almost all rackets out there.

I would not recommend this racket for the average player.....but for me this is a fun toy that I am currently playing with

dtjovan likes this.
  3. dtjovan

dtjovan Regular Member

I'll let u know after I test it and the others. Thanks for sharing. ^^

4. dtjovan

dtjovan Regular Member

This is a short comparison with my usual racket LDF 3U which I have been using for many months.

2. Tired my newly bought TK 9900, LN No. 1 @26lbs (lately, my usual string n tension set up) for 2 sessions for about 2hrs each. Possibly due to Bow Energy, the noticable shuttlecock speed (replusion from strokes including drives) is the fastest among every rackets I had tired before. Impressive!
    Lifting, lobbing and backhand is done with much much less effort than LDF.

3. Overhead smash, it doesn't seem to punch as hard as LDF 3U, but smashing with TK is much less tiring. Smash tend to go higher (less steep) and I believe i just need time to adjust to TK. Smashing at sweetspot doesnt seem to give me that 'boom' sound I get from LDF BUT it could be due to court (echo).

4. Didnt really test much on drops and net shots. Will do it soon.

5. If is a must to give the cons, I'll say the frame doesnt keep my string still (needa re-adjust quite often).
    P.S: It's my usual stringer, tension and string. I do have faith she had done a good stringing service for me.

6. Overall is a joy to use TK. In general, it's user friendly and is a fast 3U racket; and it will remain in my bag for future games.

Extra:
    a) Reference para 5, I am unsure if I should continue to remain my usual lbs amd string. Anyone may recommend a bettet set up too.

b) Formally owned AX88D 3U, zf2 3U and 4U, Duora 10 3U and LDF 3U.
    Also played with n9ii, n7ii, zf, AX77 3U, N55 III and some less high end rackets before.

#1164 dtjovan, Aug 26, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  5. LinHalu

LinHalu Regular Member

comparison to zf2?

6. dtjovan

dtjovan Regular Member

In my hands,
    stiffness- zf2 is so much harder to use. Especially when punch clear, I felt the stiffness and wont take long to tired me out with repeated drills.

Head Heaviness - zf2 is obviously more HH than TK. Thus the following thru after hard hitting can injuried in a long run if didnt physically condition oneself. But zf1's HH pulling is even stronger.

Backhand strokes - zf2 4u is more user friendly when come to BH strokes compare to zf2 3U. But TK is the easiest.

Replusion - TK's Bow Energy give superior replusion (not from the string itself only) and so far no other rackets i had handed on gave me this feeling.

Swiftness / lobbing - TK is a fast racket n is much faster than zf2. TK's lobbing is so effortless.

Smash - I wanna mention it last bc smashing is only a smash part of the game and I must say smashing with zf2 is rewarding but imo not worth draining so much energy on each execution. As I am still trying to get used to TK's timing, TK doesnt feel weak too.

That's my experience. zf2 is tiring to use since more str is needed to execute every single same strokes. And dont ever think that the zf2 HH can help u punch the birdie harder if u dont not have the proper technique and massive str. And I must admit that I haven't ultilise the full potential of zf2 yet.
    zf2 is like a hammer and TK is like a sword. And TK suits me better.
    I think one must feel comfortable with the racket to further enjoy and do better with the sports. ^^

#1166 dtjovan, Aug 26, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    Martynas likes this.
  7. LinHalu

LinHalu Regular Member

thank u so much!

8. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    I have a thruster K 8000 and I feel it is not stiff enough for its head heaviness. How does the 9900 compare to the 8000, stiffer I guess?

9. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    October 2017 - December 2018

On a positive note, the stubborn bugger still didn't sink and I didn't lose a single game :p

download_20181223_200544.jpg

dtjovan likes this.
  10. DarkHiatus

DarkHiatus Regular Member

Victor and their QC issues, what next?!

/s

11. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Hmmm... looking at the state of the corpse and having background info on its former lifestyle (up to 35 lbs. against plastic shuttles), a bad QC wouldn't be my first bet tbh.

12. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Agreed.

/s

Took it up to 38 actually but the frame wouldn't give. Pretty funny that it still didn't technically. An actual tank if I've seen one.

13. DarkHiatus

DarkHiatus Regular Member

No sinking at all? Inconsistent QC! :p

shreyas666 and swsh like this.
  14. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

I had a racquet head warp after a string snap at 27lbs.
    just out of curiosity, I wonder how much more likely would a warped head occur from string snappage at those tensions hmmm I do know you use tend to use rather sturdy racquets
    I'd be bailing the game after a snapped string and dash straight to cut the strings at those tensions hahah

15. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    It's a habit to always have my scissors out on the side of the court before I begin playing haha.

I've had my 1DG warp during a clear (or some sort of overhead action IIRC).

Okaharu likes this.
  16. amleto

amleto Regular Member

Bit late to the party, but racket-outlet have this on close-out deal, just a bit over £100 incl postage so couldn't resist. Still interested in the thruster yin, just cos it looks so nice! :rolleyes:

Might have to hide them from the missus o_O

17. Sudhan

Sudhan Regular Member

I have a 3u version of k9900 for sale..Located in USA..Plz pm if anyone interested..OK for trade too..

18. amleto

amleto Regular Member

Mine's arrived. 38.8g headweight (no strings) for anyone that cares. Very similar to my JJS. On with the stringing.

Strung, it's now 41.8g hw, compred to my 4u tk9000 (strung), that is 42.8g hw

#1178 amleto, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  19. amleto

amleto Regular Member

The following is coming from tk9000 4u.

Played with it on Friday and had a bit of an odd time with it. I also aggravated further a flexor... Anyway, found I was swinging fast on some defense and drives, framing shots at the top. It did feel heavier/slower by a bit on smashes so need more time to feel comfortable to go at 100%. Timed some ok and the result was good, though. Didn't really play many drops or nets so that's still to be investigated.

20. deepinthemusic

deepinthemusic Regular Member

Quick question, on the buttcap of the tk9900, does it say V only, or V taiwan?