Alternative to Babolat Satellite Blast

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ja3k14c, Nov 29, 2018.

1. ja3k14c

ja3k14c New Member

Hi, have been using the Babolat Satellite Blast but am wanting to change brand, which racket would you suggest?

The Blast is head heavy stiff shaft

Thanks,

2. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

The Voltric 80 E-Tune felt similar. The Voltric Z-Force II would be an alternative, being head heavy and stiff, but it's a very different racket.

I don't know about other brands.

Why do you want to change brands?

3. ja3k14c

ja3k14c New Member

I've broken the two I got this year - Have not broken rackets before, it would be an expensive habit
    Want a similar racket in alternate brand to try and resolve

4. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Alright, I hope you'll have better luck with your next rackets.

To me, they seem to be quite durable. When playing with beginners, one of mine (always the same one) has suffered some quite hard clashes while being strung at 12.5 kp and only got some paint chips. Overall, I really only know one person who broke his Babolat rackets, but he really manages to break every racket for some reason.

From the rackets I've tried, the Yonex Voltric 80 E-Tune 3U was the closest, but it still is a different racket with a different stringing pattern, so it does feel different.

5. InvincibleAjay

InvincibleAjay Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    How did you break the rackets if you don't mind me asking?

I'm a Babolat ambassador so have used all the range and the Satellite Blast is an excellent racket, I use the Satellite Power myself. My breaks have all been due to clashes, I have not broken any rackets on their own.

The Yonex Voltric range is the one to try, ones I would suggest are the Z-Force 2, 80 E-Tune, 50 E-Tune.

I also have experience using Victor rackets, the ones to try are Victor Thruster or Hypernano range. It is best to try some out if you can as everyone is different and it is very difficult to find an exact replacement for the Blast from a different brand. Good luck!

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    A great attitude becomes a great day which becomes a great week which becomes a great month which becomes a great year which becomes a great life.

Hemanth Hariharan likes this.