HSBC BWF WORLD Tour Finals 2018 : Group Stage Matches - Final (12-16 December)

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Dec 9, 2018.

1. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Minions must defeat the other CHN pair: Han/Zhou today to move on the group stage since Astrup/Rasmussen won yesterday. Li/Liu can go easy and lose today to Astrup/Rasmussen if they want to eliminate chance for Minions. If Minions get a win today, they will move on to next round regardless whether Astrup/Rasmussen win again or not today because they've beaten Astrup/Rasmussen earlier, right?

2. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Ahsan/Hendra ya... in group B.

3. indrg

indrg Regular Member

even if they lose to Astrup/Rasmussen, Minions defeated Astrup/Rasmussen earlier, Minions should move on next round if they beat Han/Zhou today with straight set no?

4. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

“Each point was hard fought,” said Pusarla. “There were long rallies with good strokes, she was very deceptive and I had to be ready for her strokes. Even though I was trailing in the third game I didn’t lose hope and I kept fighting. Even at the end when I had a lead I was trying to win every point and I had to keep my focus.”

nilesh123, Anks, CLELY and 1 other person like this.
  5. Akim1

Akim1 Regular Member

Coach
    Minions must win. Twin Towers must also win. Else minions are out.

6. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yeah actually im not so sure.. I think LiLiu will end up with the same Game difference with minions. Its possible but in 3 way tie, arent they supposed to look at the Games and not the H2H?

7. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    beiwen is pretty much dunzo looks like.

8. KRRacing

KRRacing New Member

I think it's not a coincidence that the minions match will be played before Li/Liu's match. It will theoretically give Li/Liu the power to decide whether minions or the Danes will go to SF. That is of course if minions win against Han/Zhou. If they don't do their best to win the match then I hope they get disqualified.

9. Sdrqaz

Sdrqaz Regular Member

FYI just dug out the system for tiebreakers in the group stages in GCR 16.2:

16.2.1. Ranking in individual Tournaments will be established by the number of matches won.
    16.2.2. If two Players / pairs have won the same number of matches, the winner of the match between them will be ranked higher.

16.2.3. If three or more Players / pairs have won the same number of matches, ranking will be established by the difference between total games won and total games lost, with greater difference ranked higher.
    16.2.3.1. If this still leaves two Players / pairs equal, the winner of the match between them will be ranked higher.

16.2.4. If three or more Players / pairs have won the same number of matches and are equal in the difference between total games won and total games lost, ranking will be established by the difference between total points won and total points lost, with greater difference ranked higher.
    16.2.4.1. If this still leaves two Players / pairs equal, the winner of the match between them will be ranked higher.
    16.2.4.2. If three or more Players / pairs are still equal, then ranking will be established by drawing lots.

#529 Sdrqaz, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    kurako, mantoufist, CLELY and 2 others like this.
  10. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Seems like Li/Liu always in this situation, Its quite stressful too. Its just a group match at the end of the day.

11. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Indeed, Verma has chance to make it if he could overcome Wangcharoen. It's a gone case for Sugiarto to beat Momota.
    Group A, things are more complicated. Shi Yuqi manages top position at the moment, Chou Tien Chen and Son Wan Ho will seek another opportunity meanwhile a bleak prospect for Ginting who suffered losing twice. Interesting encounters today at first session to offer unpredictable outcome who'll finally snatch first and second position.

In women's singles, an outstanding performance to defeat highly favoured Tai Tzu Ying yesterday will boost Pusarla Sindhu confidence to beat Zhang Beiwen this evening and keep clean sheet in her group stage result while Tai TY v Akane Yamaguchi clash will determine runner-up position. Nozomi Okuhara is on the roll to secure group B winner, Ratchanok Intanon and Michelle Li will vie semifinal spot.

A big upset in men's doubles category, the Minions are struggling and put them in dire situation, a must win match against Han CK/Zhou HD today and expecting reigning World Champion Li JH/Liu YC beat Astrup/Rasmussen. The players need to push extra effort and produce much energy to unleash smash, a slow pace instead of usually fast furious attacking style.

Women's doubles group B clear prediction, Matsutomo/Nagahara and Lee SH/Shin SC will out as winner and runner-up respectively. In group A, Matsutomo/Takahashi will progress and three pairs fate, Chen/Jia, Du/Li, Polii/Rahayu are hanging in balance, relying on their last tie result today.

Mixed doubles category delivers the most certain picture, Group A presents Zheng SW/Huang YQ and Puavaranukroh/Taerattanachai who bagged victory twice have guaranteed their place in knock-out stage, today's play-off will decide who's the winner of group A. Wang YL/Huang DP will advance while Chan PS/Goh LY are favoured to accompany the Chinese assuming the Malaysian duo will defeat the off-form Watanabe/Higashino today.

It'sMeMeMe likes this.
  12. minions

minions Regular Member

[​IMG]

Already qualified : Kento Momota

Group A
    - SYQ can qualify if he doesn't lose in straight games
    - Both SWH and CTC can qualify without relying on other match if they win in straight games
    - ASG needs to win in straight games AND CTC loses in straight games in order to qualify

Group B
    - SV can qualify if he wins
    - TS can qualify if he wins AND SV loses against KW
    - KW can qualify if he wins in straight games

kurako and Cunning Linguist like this.
  13. minions

minions Regular Member

[​IMG]

Already qualified : Pusarla Venkata Sindhu, Nozomi Okuhara

TTY, AY, RI, ML need to win their match to qualify.

#533 minions, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  14. minions

minions Regular Member

[​IMG]

Already qualified : Li Junhui / Liu Yuchen, Hiroyuki Endo / Yuta Watanabe

Group A
    - Minions needs to win AND Astrup/Rasmussen lose in order to qualify
    - Astrup/Rasmussen can qualify if they win

Group B
    Whoever win the match between Chen/Wang and Ahsan/Hendra will qualify

15. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

In Wiki, LiLiu is not green yet, there is chances that they can be knocked out too.

16. minions

minions Regular Member

[​IMG]

Group A
    - TakaMatsu can only fail to qualify by points difference
    - There are two possible scenarios in which the pairs qualify by points difference. One is between TakaMatsu, Chen/Jia, Du/Li. The other is between Chen/Jia, Du/Li, Greysia/Apriyani

Group B
    - MatsuNaga can qualify if they don't lose in straight games
    - Lee/Shin can qualify if they win
    - Jongkolphan/Rawinda can qualify if they win in straight games

kurako likes this.
  17. minions

minions Regular Member

[​IMG]

Already qualified : Zheng Siwei/Huang Yaqiong, Dechapol Puavaranukroh/Sapsiree Taerattanachai, Wang Yilyu/Huang Dongping

Group B
    - Chan/Goh can qualify if they win
    - Hafiz/Gloria can qualify if they win AND Chan/Goh lose against Yuta/Arisa
    - Yuta/Arisa can qualify if they win in straight games AND Hafiz/Gloria lose against Wang/Huang

18. minions

minions Regular Member

Wikipedia doesn't always accurate. You can calculate yourself in the table above.

19. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    How come PVS still need to win to qualify ?

I think you meant TTY ?

cause u self contradict your own statement you mentioned PVS and NO qualified yet you mentioned her name in to be qualified which i think should be replaced with TTY isnt it ?

20. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Do you mean Hafiz/Gloria still have a chance to qualify if Yuta/Arisa win but in a rubber?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk