[NEW] Yonex Duora 8XP

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ucantseeme, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

It’s either you feel it or nah.
    Some people do actually feel difference
    Some people only say they feel difference, but don’t.
    Some people make it a huge deal.
    And some are like me, doesn’t care.

I feel like a lot of 8XP users are like me. I bought 8XP just because of the specs. Stiffer, compacted frame Arc11, why not?

IMO, I don’t think you’ll feel any difference in game rallies, but you might feel a difference while “testing” the racket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    Most importantly for me was the very even balance combined with the stiffness .

For what it's worth, the Duora frame on duo8xp feels much less pronounced when compared to duo10 from what I remember . And I didn't pay attention to the sides when I played with either of them, didn't feel a difference .

3. Baddyman#1

Baddyman#1 Regular Member

I might be the only one not liking this racket? But thats only after one session.

Stationary in hand feels heavy like its a 2u/2.5u weighted racket and swings slower than my doura 10 and demands more effort. Feels heavy and not as agile and nimble in manoeuvrability. Also strung at 29lbs bg80 im not getting the feedback as expected compared to my other rackets. Netplay wasnt good for me with this racket. Drive slower than my 88s. Need give her more game times to re-evaluate but so far not having much love for the 8xp.

4. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Nothing wrong. It can't possibly please everyone at the end of the day.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

5. ct3833

ct3833 Regular Member

Manager
    I have a Duora 10, yes can feel significant difference between the two sides. If you I use the aero face to do forehand play, i can feel the contact to be less rigid and kind of flimsy feel, this is especialy so when doing smash and clear. The feeling of box frame when playing forehand shots is simply very solid.
    I have hardly ever use it wrongly. But the 8xp seems to have no color differentiation, need to touch and feel the frame shape to get the correct face ?

6. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    You're wrong.. It's a red and blue difference. They've simply opted for it to be a lot less obvious but still simple and easy to notice at a glance.

7. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Plus the new colour duora 10 and 8xp have 'forehand' written on the frame.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

8. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Problem with the 8XP on that point is that it really kinda is small. You'd actually have to look down an focus to see the wording somewhat clearly. Better to just remember the colours

9. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    Frame side is either dark blue or frosty blue when box and aero facing respectively.

10. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

*if you’re right handed
    35lbs facing up
    I think that’s easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shreyas666 likes this.
  11. shreyas666

I am curious what badmintoncn has to say about this racket .Just curious. Their reviews are overtly detailed with some hits and misses of course, but they are very comprehensive as well. Would like anyone to link is with the article if they have done so.

12. Aurora_

Aurora_ Regular Member

This racket is not for everyone. I have all the head heavy racket, 3U VT80, ZF1, ZF2. I also owned a zspeed which I use once in a while. D8xp 3U feels light in hand (compare to voltric), and swing like piece of metal that hardly flex. Due to the lack of weight on the head, and extra stiff shaft, this racket is unlike any head heavy racket, and nothing close to zspeed.

So I let my friends try it, see if anyone fancy maybe I can sell it to them lol. They can hit well, but nothing fantastic about this racket.

I have been using it for few months now, slowly getting used to it. There is really nothing fantastic about this racket, handle clear, lift, net, drive like any other racket. In the smash department, I change my grip slightly (a variant of panhandle grip) that allow me to flex the shaft better in exchange for the power. I also adopt a slight faster racket speed when it comes to drop shot. The extra stiff racket isn't very responsive to light touch, hence the faster stroke to deliver similar dropshot with other racket.

Because of that, my shots are harder to read to average players. I kind of like D8xp now, less demanding than zf1/zf2. After using D8xp, zf2 feel too flexible and my smash is weaker on zf2 due to over flexing. Most of the time D8xp is just ok.

Would I recommend this racket? If you are a season player, better stick to safer choice, I think you guys know better. If you are an intermediate, tried all other racket, and looking for a change/challenge, then try this, but please stick with it at least for few months and tell me how you feel about it. Beginner should just stay away from this racket.

Frankly, there are better racket with the money you can spend on this.

13. shreyas666

I resumed badminton after a hiatus of a month. Couldn't get much power, although hitting was very clean and shot making was proper. But couldn't feel head in much of circumstances. Once I shifted over to n9ii, everything was good again. Guess, it's time for a string change.

14. shreyas666

Manong likes this.
  15. eleven76

eleven76 New Member

Duora 8 XP vs Astrox 88S (3u)? Please... :D

16. shreyas666

@swsh do the needful .

17. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Two very different rackets. Entirely preference based.

8XP is very stiff and almost dead even balanced.

88s is not that stiff, relatively head heavy and has weird flexpoints and the shaft also behaved weirdly. I fell in love and considered it the best racket I have ever used. Stringbed feel was my favourite out of every racket I've tried.

18. eleven76

eleven76 New Member

Thank you. I like hitting sound of 88S, relly pleasing with thiner string.

19. Muffinking

Muffinking New Member

Just ordered the 8xp today after testing it for 2 sessions. I was very surprised about the feeling of the racket. Even though it's balanced it packs a lot of punch, very good accuracy, just feels right. I don't find it in any means to stiff.

20. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

What's your go-to racket?