Danisa DENMARK Open 2018 : Round of 32-Final (16-21 October)

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Upquark

Upquark Regular Member

Java developer
    Of course, I missed the Seinen/Piek v. Japan WD. If anyone sees this one popping up online somewhere, please let me know.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You didn't respond to me initially by calling my attention with an @ in your reply to someone else,no ? Anyway, that's not important and beside the point.

In my opinion, it's absolutely no shame to beat your opponent on superior fitness/stamina, for, after all, badminton is a physically demanding sport where you compete both on skills and fitness as well as other factors such as mental strength, experience, maturity, even smartness, court sense.

I recall Momota in one of his previous post-match interviews, saying something like, he was feeling tired at one point but when he realized his opponent was even more tired, etc, etc, he .... That's it for me, nothing personal.

3. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

arisa higashino :D:D:D:D

4. kurako

kurako Regular Member

I still haven't watched the Momota - Ginting match, so I am not really qualified to comment here, ... but to be fair, one of Momota's tactics (and he has confirmed this in multiple interviews) is actually to inject pace and aggressiveness in the final quarter of a game, once he senses any sign of tiredness in his opponents.

As I did not watch yesterday's game, I have no idea how tired Ginting looked. Ginting did, however, mention in a post-match interview that Momota altered his game to have the former moving alternatively to the front and back of the court. And this unexpected change in playing styles could conceivably have impacted Ginting's stamina. At the very least, it will have disorientated him.

Whatever the case, Momota deserves all due credit for, 1) having changed his strategy to deal with Ginting, and 2) pacing himself well enough to be able to change gears at the critical point in the match.

Momota may possibly play a more intelligent game than Ginting. If so, then this intelligence will probably render the two-year age difference between them insignificant.

KhoaHa, buibui2, fnd80 and 2 others like this.
  5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

How old are Bo and Mo now ? The Evergreen MD pair

6. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

when did she commentate?
    She is not here anymore during Bo/Mo game?

7. mclarge

mclarge Regular Member

Anyone know what the image on the front of Boe and Morgensen’s shirts is supposed to represent?

8. minions

minions Regular Member

well, INA should make Arisa become INA citizen.
    Or, make a copy of her and export the copy one to INA.

9. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

If you want to make a copy why not make a better one instead like Natsir's?

10. minions

minions Regular Member

Ah, that's even better. But, Natsir might be pissed off because of Praveen's error.

Btw, I have put emoticon in my post but didn't show up. I don't know why?

11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Triple China MD on the court.

It might be difficult to concentrate if LC/ZN dont play well again.

12. Thebestbees

Thebestbees Regular Member

I’m actually starting to like CTC, with the amount of tournament he is playing in he don’t seem to get tired out ! Such a consistent player I would even say

buibui2 likes this.
  13. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

You obviously don't understand either concept. Apart from that it's absolutely relevant to the discussion, because in order to avoid giving credit to the player you don't want to win, you constantly conjour up the "stamina issues".

All of that is nothing but your opinion. That alone is not convincing in any discussion, but since you constantly use that stick when players win you don't want to win, it becomes even less so.

I really don't care if you "take umbrage". Root for a Japanese player because you like their play or character or both and convince me otherwise. Won't happen, as we both know.
    I'm far from being Japanese. Reason being the combination of talent and sportsmanship/character, I root for CL, RI, NO, Juhl/Pedersen, KM, LCW, TTY, ASG, SYQ, anyone who plays Marin, Takamatsu, but mostly AY.
    I'm going to ignore the several ad hominem attacks, which I'm sure you think constitute "constructive debates".

Totally agree with Ginting being Momota's most tricky (I might add: most competent)opponent.
    I think we could tell that from all their matches this year, not just this one.
    Personally, I like ASG's attacking style of play better than what Momota did yesterday, which seemed to me little more than waiting for (unforced) errors from the opponent. And ASG made a lot of them. Could quote myself from yesterday where I said this is going to spell trouble for KM going forward, but what's the point...

That bit about prime is, again, more on the opinion side of things, don't you think? Ginting turns 22 in a couple of days, Momota turned 24 last month and the latter was barred from playing real tournaments for two years. They basically have had the same number of years as professionals in the SS/WT500+ circuit. And if you look at the quality LCW is still able to produce at his age, how top players can be affected by form and motivation or injuries (see: CM, CL), statements about who's prime is going to be when seem to be little more than what the lady with the headscarf and the glass ball does in her tent come fair time.

buibui2 likes this.
  14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Liu Cheng/Zhang Nan , under stress to perform

15. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Crossing all the fingers I can get for both minions and Liu/Zhang to win their matches. I will put in another 16 (or is it 18) of my dogs.. hope this helps lol

Oh not that bee costumes again.. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

16. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

Did you see the ZN mixed match? WTH happened there? :confused:

17. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

The usual thing. ZN didn't play that well (he hardly does in the morning matches as far as I know), his smashes were weak(er) than usual even Morten emphasize it many times during the match, his touch didn't do a lot of wonder and LYH was quite clueless without ZN's game:confused: And to make things worse, the Indonesians played rather well and clever against him and his partner today.

I think (hope) he might be more committed to the MD this time as they are the defending champion.

Cunning Linguist likes this.
  18. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Liu/Zhang won the match in straight games. Liu Cheng seemed to be in a better mood. Good to see

19. hyun007

hyun007 Regular Member

20. minions

minions Regular Member

Nice that Liu/Zhang finally won. Hope they stay in form.

yuquall likes this.