Astrox 88s vs tkf vs n99 vs jetspeed s10?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by jeremy leung, Oct 12, 2018.

1. jeremy leung

jeremy leung Regular Member

I am looking for a new racket to purchase. I come from a background of disgustingly head heavy rackets such as Vt80etn. All these rackets would be 3u, and I love to play drops, lifts drives and smashes. I play rear court doubles and strong singles with a lot of aggressive play. Any reviews/thoughts on what I should get out of these or any other rackets to be recommended would help

2. keinen980511

keinen980511 Regular Member

Tkf3u or n99...

Sent from my FRD-L19 using Tapatalk

3. kakashihatake

kakashihatake Regular Member

I can give u some opinions of mine for 88s, js 10, n9ii

Js 10 is fast but always lacking of power. But I'm using 4u, I heard 3u is sort of the same comparing to powerful rackets like 88s or n9ii

U like to to play rear court but at the same time don't like head heavy rackets. N9ii is a head heavy racket but the feeling is so good using it. Firstly it is pretty user friendly, it doesn't take a lot of time to get used to a racket like this. 2ndly it drives fast, super explosive smashing, and the best part it is easy to wield despite its weight. In my opinion, if u string with the right string, at the right pounds, it can be so much fun to play with.

Now comes to 88s 3u. At one point after playing it for 2 mths, I nearly gave up on it. It is not friendly in terms of it's wieldibility. It recovers slow, n u really need to hv a strong wrist to enjoy a sluggish racket like this.

Then, after 3 to 4 months of playing, I now can say it is my number 1 racket. It just is so strong that the power it generates is 2nd to none to any racket I used before, maybe because of yonex latest rotational tech that's working amazingly here.

It really takes a lot of time to get used to heavy rackets, if u can start mastering it, dude these heavy rackets like 88s 99 can do crazy things.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. jeremy leung

jeremy leung Regular Member

@kakshihatake Lol I think my question was taken wrong. I love head heavy rackets. But I'm willing to try lower head heaviness like the rackets said above. Thanks for the reviews though. I think I'm considering the tkf and 88s. Which one do you think would be better all around with singles and doubles ?

5. kakashihatake

kakashihatake Regular Member

I'm seeing a lot intl singles players using 88d, 88d shld be the answer for both singles n doubles, although I never tried before. My reviews are for doubles BTW.

Can't comment on tkf, never tried before.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk