Adidas Badminton shoes with boost technology

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by anthony_6, Aug 7, 2016.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

I don't know which brands you have in Europe, but any contact cement or rubber cement will do. Their advantage is that they can glue porous surfaces together and also has some flexibility

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

thanks mate! I think I will go the old school way first and bring it to a local shoemaker's shop. Just spoke to a colleague who did the same with his running shoes and got charged a ridiculous 3 EUR for glueing it back together. If the issue occurs again on the other shoe or other areas, I guess I will get myself some of that contact cement.

3. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

Sorry to say this, but I’ve reglued my pairs 4 times now and it’s not the glue that not holding... it’s the BOOST foam that separates and tear apart from the glue! :(

4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Darn it guys, you're sending my emotions on a true rollercoaster ride here! :confused:

And looking at the picture, I can see what you mean. There is a thin layer of BOOST still stuck to the original sole (glue). So it's indeed the BOOST material itself which doesn't seem to be robust enough for heavy stop and go actions.

5. visor

visor Regular Member

Well, Boost material is made of thousands of foam beads stuck together... so makes sense that although it can withstand compression forces, but looks like not shearing forces.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Yeah, I guess we've just found the reason why the Boost stuff is not used in any other Adidas indoor or court game shoe. :(
    Anyway, I've brought mine to the shoemaker's yesterday and will give the glueing one try. In the meantime, I'll have a look around how to get my hands on a pair of the Victor P9200 in the blue/white TTY special color for the very likely event of another sole defect on the Adidas.

7. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

https://www.mena.adidas.com/stabil-x-shoes/AC8561.html

8. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Just a quick update. After another ~5 hours on court since re-glueing it, the sole already starts to come loose again at that exact same spot. So sadly, @Super85's prediction has become reality shockingly quick.

So all that's left to do for me is to clearly NOT recommend the P8 shoes - even if the concept and performance on court is superb. What a shame.

So now this means waiting impatiently for the arrival of my new blue/white P9200 TTY signatures.

9. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

But don’t forget that Adidas also makes the best badminton shoes in shape of Quickforce 5.1 and 7.1! ;)

PS. I’ve tested Crazyflight Bounce...pretty nice shoe. Bounce material works better for badminton than Boost

10. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Hmmm... those Crazyflights are handball shoes, right? What would you say is the main difference to dedicated badminton shoes?

I have to say, that sole construction looks interesting.
    [​IMG]

11. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

Actually I don’t really see dedicated badminton shoes anymore since I worn down 4 pairs Yonex in just one season, and had to look outside of the box and got myself a pair of Adidas Firerazer from the official Adidas Handball store that later became my best badmintonshoes ever.

Firerazer shares also the same sole as Adidas badmintonlisted shoes Quickforce 5.1/7.1. So in my mind is there no general difference between badmintonlisted shoes and handballisted, but that said not all handballisted shoes are suitable for badminton.

demolidor likes this.
  12. ogcstrike

ogcstrike New Member

13. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

The sole looks identical to the earlier P8, so I will just warn you and read our problems with the BOOST heel problems above!

Otherwise a good and comfortable shoe.

14. Dutchinese

Dutchinese New Member

IT Administrator
    I have the same issue on my P8... but it started in the beginning of this year, also glued it but it's starting to loose again now.
    I have been using both the P8 and Quickforce 7.1. I play 3-4 times a week for about 2 hours each time.
    But i have to say, i've been using them both since november 2017.
    My main issue is that between the upper part and sole at the front is tearing, but i have that with every shoe i use for badminton after a certain time of usage. When i used to play twice a week, 1 pair of shoes only last about 1 year. So far i'm using them longer then expected so that is good or me. But i'm already looking for some spare just in case the tearing is too much.
    btw... P8 has a much stronger sole is compared to the QF 7.1, much lesser wearing, also less slippy