Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo Training

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Daniel2207, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Daniel2207

Daniel2207 Regular Member

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew of specific drills or training methods used in Indonesia to produce stars like Kevin obviously he is a big exception but interested if anyone knows what training gym work drills they food to make them so good at the sport.

2. Ronster

Ronster Regular Member

I don't think you can teach anyone what kevin does on court. It's his game instinct paired with his great reflexes that sets him apart from other players.

Fidget likes this.
  3. Daniel2207

Daniel2207 Regular Member

Yeh I know that but obviously Indonesia has certain training methods to train their players wondered if anyone could shed any light on this maybe Indonesian fans

4. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

I don't think you are getting any insider information here, but I doubt they are doing something fundamentally different from China, Denmark, Malaysia etc.

5. SSSSNT

SSSSNT Regular Member

I don't think knowing this would help. Indonesia had plenty of double players who no doubt follow the same training Kevin does, yet they don't become better than other countries.

6. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Not really what you’re looking for but I stumbled on this 20 minutes documentary about badminton in Indonesia:

It’s in in French though but you can see some insights about schools and training centers in Indonesia. Tough lifestyle for the kids. First practice starts at 5am.

jyeung and Cheung like this.
  7. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Not a specific training video but still another worth watching documentary about Indonesia's love for badminton. Recently posted by the official Olympic channel. Great watch :D

SlaShEr likes this.