rackets

Discussion in 'Jonas Rasmussen Forum' started by Whitewasp, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Whitewasp

Whitewasp New Member

got a doubles question-my coach syas that my defence in doubles isn't as sharp as it could be, so he recommended that i use a lighter racket. I tried a Ti 75 but i think that it had no great effect and i want to switch back to my old racket, but my coach wants me to stick with it. The major problem i see is that i will have a different racket for both singles and doubles-what do you think?

2. New_Guy04

New_Guy04 Regular Member

i'm no jonas or a pro, but i'll tell you one thing: no one has the right to make you use something you don't want to use (unless there is something wrong with ur racket ie broken lol). tell your coach if he likes it so much, why don't he use it instead.

3. pengu1ns

pengu1ns Regular Member

er...
    Hey whitewasp, surely the racket you use shouldnt be that large a factor in your game, if you can use it, get better and work on your weaknesses. Especially if you dont feel comfortable with the new one, which cant help your game can it.
    Ive heard somewhere that some pros use 90+g rackets and yet, they're pros.

4. JR

JR Regular Member

Professional Badmintonplayer
    Racket choice!

Hi Pengu1ns!

I always find it of most importance that I feel one with my racket. Of course I listen to others about it, but nobody feels it better than myself. Therefore, my advice is to listen to your feelings. Do you really like your old racket or does the new one fit better.

Sometimes I´m kind of forced to change if the racket I´m playing goes out of production, but then again it´s not in the racket alone.

I´m playing with the mp99 and I´ve tried several of the new rackets but I haven´t found one which feel just as good in my hand.

Kind Regards

Jonas