K. Srikanth क्. स्रिकनथ्

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by scorpion1, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Master

Master Regular Member

Both players are in the bottom half at the upcoming Malaysia Open. If they manage to pass their early rounds and quarter final, they are expected to meet at the semifinal then. :D

Don't hope too much and just enjoy their matches since the beginning. Both players are having a tricky opening round anyway.

15 days to go (countdown to #CAMO2018)

This thing could happen when the next encounter happen in short time after the first meeting. Don't forget about group matches and knockout matches in last several Dubai SSF tournaments when someone losing in the group stage then take revenge in the knockout stage.

It's just a matter of the strategy and how well they pick the second meeting strategy and also how they read the opponent counter strategy against them. In short way I could summarize in "it's about combination". When you have good game plan combination, you push your opponent to keep guessing what's next.

2. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

3. Baddyforall

4. Baddyforall

Post match interview of Srikanth:

“I was in the match until the first half of second game. I gave him too many easy points which I cannot afford against top players. I should have kept more shuttles in and hit more smashes without mistakes. They are small things but they cost me the match. If I had played ten per cent better, I would have definitely won today,”

5. super-g

super-g Regular Member

He was in match until first half of second game, losing two final sets 21-15, 21-14. And by playing 10% better he would have won the match? Somehow that math does not work out. He clearly lost two last sets and we don't even know how much better Momota could have played if needed.

6. Baddyforall

I watched the match. I totally agree with Srikanth. For god sake, he is not an ordinary player.

And also Momota is not god .

Srikanth is in rough patch after his comeback from injury.

He made so many mistakes(unforced errors) in 2nd and 3rd games.

No probs. I wish Sri to come back even stronger and to reach the level which saw him grabbing 4 superseries titles last year.
    After all the hype Momota was getting, i thought he would grab the title in Malaysia. But........

Anyhow, why am i talking about him here. Let us see how many consecutive superseries titles he will grab.

Best of luck Sri for your future endeavours.

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

7. super-g

super-g Regular Member

I player with exactly 0 olympic medals and 0 world championships medals is not extraordinary either.

Certainly not, but at the moment he is clearly a better player than Srikanth (and many other top-10 players).

Just watched the match again. After he was 'not in the match' from second-half of second set he committed in total 5 unforced errors and Momota did commit 4 unforced errors. During latter half of second set or in third set he did not do a single error in smashing, I don't know how he "should have.. hit more smashes without mistakes". Also he did only commit one more unforced error than very consistent Momota. My point is that no statistics align with his comments about mistakes.

samkool and Cunning Linguist like this.
  8. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Srikanth Kidambi has to learn to take the initiative and dictate the pace of rallies. Srikanth has had a disappointing year, except for his win against Lee Chong Wei in the Commonwealth Games team final. He has the potential but is yet to realize it. He will get 2 more chances WC and Asian Games to show he has big match temperament.

9. Baddyforall

So, you people even started to talk rubbish about players' quotes! . Don't know what to say. They are professional players. They know what they talking about. Otherwise, they cant be in top 10 of the world. Crazy fellows. Lol.

Momota is enjoying his phase of form at the moment. Nothing great. Even with his form, he did not get the superseries title in Malaysia.

Many players had this kind of form for certain period of their lifetime. Last year Srikanth reached 5 finals super series tournaments and won 4 of them, which only few people did it in the world so far.

So, your explaination for extra ordinary player is more of subjective in nature.
    In that case , Momota is also an ordinary player. . His die hard fans are dying like anything to praise his game which according to me nothing great at all. That will come to end soon.

Why am i replying to some rubbish comments.

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    The guy actually went back and reviewed the match again with the unforced error statistics. Need to give him some credit for that.

I guess that's why you replied to him. :)

Regarding KS, he doesn't seem to easily adapt to a plan B if his plan A does not work so well.

11. super-g

super-g Regular Member

Anyone can watch the match again and see he did not miss a single smash at second half of match. That is a fact. He possibly could not have kept more smashes in. How is that called rubbish talk? It is common that even professional players have difficulty analysing matches before going them through with coach.

I don't understand why you keep talking about Momota in this thread. But since you're at it, he has got world championship bronze medal, asian championships gold medal and world junior championship gold medal. To me those achievements exceed certain Indian player's achievements.

12. Baddyforall

A Single word from a Professional is 100000 times better than 10000 words from a NOOB. Period.
    He is a top 10 player and he knew what he is talking about.

I just posted quotes from Srikanth in Srikanth's thread. And you were the one who simply came here to talk non-sense about Srikanth's quotes . So, you are more professional than Srikanth now ! Wow.

13. Babar

Babar Regular Member

Anybody can have wrong perceptions, being a top 10 player doesn't change that.

super-g is comparing KS' words with facts (score of the match, where the gap between them is more than 10%. Number of unforced errors, number of smashes...), and it doesn't add up. Period.

Your only argument is "he's a top 10 player, he know what he's talking about". That's just ridiculous.

That being said, I like KS and I hope he can recover and improve so we'll have great matches to watch in the future.

14. Baddyforall

No. He did a wrong analysis. I just watched the match. He made many unforced errors than super-g was talking about. Once i counted more than what he mentioned, i did not have interest in his 'exact' facts. Lol. These no-obs are trying talk as if they know everything about badminton.
    So, you are trying to say that super-g is right and Srikanth is wrong. If i prove even one example what super-g has written, what will you do?

These super fan of boys of Momota wanted all other players who lost to Momota to praise momota to the core and blah blah. But the truth is these top players know very well that the loss was temporary and they will bounce back to beat him later.

I will post you the 'Real' statistics of the match asap. I have my work which stops me to post such detailed post. Lemme try soon. But definitely, the stats given by him is wrong.

#494 Baddyforall, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  15. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
  16. Baddyforall

Just because Victor said?.
    Every player had their period of 'wow' in their career. So, this will happen when you have a terrible h2h against a certain player and he don't have a single clue of how to play him..
    But no other current top 10 player has said that Momota is number 1.
    Because they have confidence of beating him in future.

17. Babar

Babar Regular Member

It's not possible to argue with you it seems, you bark and bite without any proper reasonning behind it.
    I won't put energy into this sterile discussion. Bye

18. Baddyforall

Don't care Whatever you blabber about me !. Poor judgements.
    Neither I am superfan of Srikanth nor i dump 25 posts daily as if it was dumped in Kento Momota's thread daily. But i will object certain Noobs, who consider themselves as professional critics and try to target other players just to prove that they are the saviours of their idol.

But i will definitely raise when some of these mushrooms arise to spoil my garden. Peace

#498 Baddyforall, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  19. Baddyforall

Srikanth's words:

“I was in the match until the first half of second game. I gave him too many easy points which I cannot afford against top players. I should have kept more shuttles in and hit more smashes without mistakes. They are small things but they cost me the match. If I had played ten per cent better, I would have definitely won today,”

Second part of the second game - 6 unforced errors from Srikanth including a smash (hit to the net) - (that's why he said he should have hit smash without mistakes )
    While Momota's 3 unforced errors.

How come Srikanth's words are wrong when he said he should have played better in second part of second game and 3rd game. Ridiculous. If he makes 6 unforced errors for 10 points in the second part of second game, definitely he cant capture the game . Out of that, atleast couple of them, he pushed wide, out of the line (that's why he said - 'I should have kept more shuttles in'.)

Super-g said that there is no smash which went wrong after second part of second game. He also said 5 unforced errors. But srikanth made 6 . And Momota made only 3.

Definitely, Srikanth knows what he was talking about. And i proved whatever Super-g was talking were wrong, they were just to talk some rubbish about Srikanth.

I am talking about only second part of second game. My duty called. I had to go without watching 3rd game. Hope i will do it tomorrow.

#499 Baddyforall, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  20. shadishv

shadishv Regular Member

Srikanth is a Genius and So is Kento! It is a pleasure to watch when these two players play against each other. Just my 2 cents.