Li-Ning N9II 3U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Morgan.koens, Feb 25, 2017.

1. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Completely agree to what @Rimano said. The fact that it's a bit lighter and stiffer doesn't have to do anything about it being more forgiving - it's more like the other way round. The less head weight and the stiffer the racket, the more you have to work (aka better technique) to get the same power transferred to the shuttle. I also own both N9II and N7II for several months and for me, the N9II is the more forgiving racket - meaning that I have to invest less energy to make the shuttle travel far and fast. If you define "forgiving" with "being lazy in racket preparation and carriage", then it's the N7II that fits the bill.

Overall, I think that both rackets are masterpieces and it only depends on personal preference if you prefer the N7II or the N9II in the end. Gun to my head, I think I would decide for the N7II since it just has this little bit more "bite" (don't know how to describe it really...) due to the stiffer shaft. Good thing is that I find it super easy to switch between both.

2. Spawny

Spawny Regular Member

Thanks for the info, I usually like to carry 2 different types of rackets for the fun and if the transition from N9II to n7II does not make harder to switch from, then I would purchase the N7II as well. So i assume N9II is better for smashes but N7II is better for control?

3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

It totally depends on your technique if you can smash harder with N7II or N9II. The N7II likes a shorter and more compact swing to make that stiffer shaft work. If you technique fits, you can smash equally hard with both rackets imo. The N7II has slight advantages with those pronation-only half and stick smashes. Control is superb with both rackets.

Again: Both rackets are great allrounders and feel very, very close to each other. It's decided in your fingers which one you will prefer.

4. Leo tan

Leo tan Regular Member

Can anyone compare n9ii with DZS?

5. Parth Nayak

Parth Nayak Regular Member

Apples and oranges. Totally different. One is super stiff and other is mid flex. DZS has smaller face and N9-2 bigger . DZS has a short shaft , making it a weapon infront of net and N9-2 has longer shaft . I can go on and on and prefer to use the DZS for single and N9-2 for doubles. Shoot me any question if you have one.

Leo tan likes this.
  6. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

I'm glad you're enjoying the n9ii. In my opinion, you really don't have too much to lose switching from the LDF to the n9ii, albeit giving up a little bit of power, but plenty to gain in return. I also have the n7ii and have use that for many hours in, and it is yet another amazing racquet. However, I agreed with @s_mair that I feel the n9ii is a bit more forgiving comparing it with the n7ii. Switching between these two racquets is very comfortable, with a little adjusting with power control and swing speed.

Depending on your playstyle and techniques, you can smash just as hard with either racquet, rather it is the flexier nature of the n9ii or the more stiffer temperament of the n7ii. For me, I might have to use more power on the n7ii to get the same power smash result as when using the n9ii due to the lighter head of the n7ii, but the n7ii gives much steeper angle smashes. If you do get the n7ii, do give your feedback on how you like it compare to the n9ii.

#1066 Konquerian, Jul 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  7. Leo tan

Leo tan Regular Member

thanks!!! i was trying to find a replacement of DZS and i got a 88D. But 88D yet to perform well for me. i will prefer DZS for the control, DZS shuttle speed is much faster as compare to 88D.

Can you compare for me in term of Smash, Control, Clear, Drop, Net and Backhand. which is better?

8. Parth Nayak

Parth Nayak Regular Member

The parameters that you have mentioned are purely personal for the fact that everyone's techniques are not similar to others. Mine observations are

Smash : n9-2 >> DZS - I have really been able to get some rocket smashes with N9-2 but when the point to note is that my stick smashes are pin point accurate with DZS that I don't get with N9-2 . For some reasons, I don't get that accuracy with N9-2. I can keep on smashing for longer duration with N9-2.
    Smashes N9-2 >> DZS
    Control : according to me, DZS really shines here and due to stiff shaft, you can really control the shuttle . N9-2 is no slouch and it's sharp frame really helps in fast slices and fake drops. DZS suits me more in singles due to accuracy it provides. I use more wrist so net drops and pushes are more lethal with DZS. So for me DZS > N9-2 in control
    Backhands: back hand drives and lifts are a breeze with N9-2. I even started to punch smash with my backhand that I haven't been to reproduce with DZS or ZF2. I did feel little less power with N9-2 but my wrist thanked me later.

In summary, N9-2 is more fun to play with . Even if you have bad days, it will be a friend and excellent in doubles with fast frame and big sweet spot.
    To yield DZS , you have to have proper techniques .

#1068 Parth Nayak, Jul 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    Leo tan likes this.
  9. bmtboy

bmtboy Regular Member

I have tried both n9ii and n9. Idk why but n9 seems to be easier to use and has more power when it comes to smash. Anyone has similar experience?

10. kakashihatake

kakashihatake Regular Member

U need to play more n9ii. It takes a while to get used to it.

I came from n9 as well. N9 is already quite powerful. Just feels n9ii is the better version of it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

11. Leo tan

Leo tan Regular Member

Can share the different between 88s and 9nii? I'm term of power, net shot and control.

12. Noxioo

Noxioo New Member

Here's my two cents on the dark side's hottest saber. After reading the many N9II related posts (especially @Konquerian 's posts makes it more convincing everytime), considered it for a few weeks, then seeing Li-Ning's renamed racket's catalog made me pull the trigger to get a N9II. I'll compare it to the N99 (my main racket for the past 2 years) as there doesn't seem to be a thorough comparison yet. Already played 8 hours with the N9II.

Specs-wise both rackets are very similar, same balance point and weight (frame only, actually measured), which initially made me interested with the N9II. N9II marginally stiffer than N99. Both rackets strung with BG80 @ 26 lbs.

Smash: N99 > N9II (N9II's were more 'fast' smashes. N99's had more weight behind them, maybe due to the boxier frame)
    Backhand: N9II > N99 (N9II was more forgiving. With N99 we cannot be slack/lazy with the correct technique)
    Maneuverability/returns/defensive blocks: N9II > N99 (as previous posts suggested, N9II is a very quick frame)
    Drives, net, clear, lifts, half smashes, drops: N99=N9II (felt both performed similarly in these areas)

The biggest difference was the feel of the racket on impact with the shuttle when doing strokes that requires large swings (ie. smashes and clears). N9II has this 'fast' feel with minimal feedback on the racket. Sometimes I second guess myself where the shuttle will land. Maybe I need a lot more playing time with the N9II. With the N99, there is more feedback on how hard the shuttle was hit, and it felt like it holds the shuttle on the string bed longer resulting in a heavier smash.

Please do note that 'feel' is subjective. For me, this comparison comes down to the feel when the shuttle is hit. Would the N9II replace the N99 as the main racket? Maybe, since I play 80% doubles these days and the extra maneuverability helps. But on days if I'm not lazy with my technique, then the N99 is marginally preferred, especially in singles. Switching between these rackets only require a small adjustment to swing timing. Hope this gives some insight to players who's been considering these two dark sabers, and hopefully join the dark side.

13. Leo tan

Leo tan Regular Member

Any string recommended for N9II? Gonna purchase N9II this weekend!!

14. Konquerian

I started with bg80 when I first got my n9ii, and it performed beautifully with the racquet. I currently use li ning no.1 and no.5 hybrid combo, and the feeling is even better. It was so good that I got my cousin hooked on it for his n9ii, as well.

Leo tan likes this.
  15. Leo tan

Leo tan Regular Member

OK, shall stick to Li ning No1, same as my DZS.

Thanks!!

16. Leo tan

Leo tan Regular Member

Read your previous post, you prefer N9ii than 88D. why? Can you compare both?

17. Konquerian

Actually, I did a comparison of 88d and n9ii, and it should be post #1516 on the astrox 88s/88d thread if you're interested .

Leo tan likes this.
  18. llrr

llrr Regular Member

You've memorised that :p

19. Konquerian

Because a few members asked for that like last month, that's why .

20. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    You should put a bunch of reference links as your forum signature lmao

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk