Viktor Axelsen

Discussion in 'Denmark Professional Players' started by LD rules!, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    I hope his foot will be okay.

Btw if he cannot play Thomas cup because of this problem, can Jorgensen use his protected ranking to play MS 1?

2. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

I believe protected ranking is only good for entering tournaments. JOJ is playing MS3 at the European Team Championships.

3. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Ok so if Axelsen cannot play the lineup is MS1 Vittinghus, MS2 Antonsen, MS3 Jorgensen?

4. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Or maybe Antonsen is ranked highest?

5. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

6. Petersen

Petersen Regular Member

latest news from Viktor Axelsen.

• viktoraxelsenHi everyone. I want to give you a quick update on yesterday’s ankle surgery. It was a success! The surgeon removed the debris that was getting caught in the ankle joint and no cartilage damage was present which is great! According to the surgeon I’m looking at a recovery of at least 3-5 weeks. Resting this long will try my patience as I’m a guy who likes to stay active!!! However, it’s important that I don’t try to rush things, injure something and return to the surgeon’s table again ! This also means that I probably won’t get to play All England this year which I’m highly disappointed about as this tournament has such a phenomenal history and atmosphere about it. Yet, I fully realize that it’s of the utmost importance that I allow my foot to fully heal 100% so that it does not become a reoccurring issue in the future. I’ll keep you updated on the recovery. Thanks again for all the support; you guys are the best! Looking forward to get back to work as soon as my foot allows it

大家好,昨天我左脚的手术进行得很顺利,给我带来问题的小骨头已经被取出来了。我脚踝的软骨整体看起来很好,不过我仍然需要一些时间养伤,好让我的脚痊愈。非常感谢你们的每一条留言,抱歉让大家担心了,我会常常更新我的状态,让大家知道我的情况。

s_mair, Cheung and swsh like this.
  7. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

His Chinese version of statement is less compared to the English version.

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Viktor's Chinese message didn't mention certain details such as a recovery period of at least 3 to 5 weeks and his likelihood of skipping the All England.

9. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

Sigh. I wanted him to win the AE this year...

Since 2009, AE has won by either LCW, LD or CL. So that streak has a good chance of staying intact.

10. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

so, you think they are unbeatable yet?

11. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

We'll see though. It's a good chance. Unless they all get eliminated in the first two rounds :)

12. Dragon88

Dragon88 Regular Member

Viktor Axelsen, Danish badminton prodigy, new king of badminton world. 2017 can be said is extremely successful year of this Danish player. Within 30 days, he defeated the six strongest players, rose to the top of the world rankings and ended more than a decade of Asian badminton dominance. At the World Championships in late August, Axelsen defeated Chou Tien-chen (No. 5 in the world), Chen Long (No.6) and Lin Dan (No. 3) in the quarterfinals, semi-finals and finals. In those three games, he lost only one set. With that terrible style, in the Super Series Japan, he went straight to the final without losing a set. He eliminated Srikanth Kidambi (the world No. 8 ranking) in the quarterfinals, winning two sets in front of top-ranked Son Wan-Ho in the semi-finals. In the final, Axelsen lost the only set to Lee Chong Wei then won the championship. And by the end of 2017, he continued to beat Malaysian No. 1 in the Super Series Finals. Axelsen is claiming his number one spot in the men's singles world badminton.

stanleyfm likes this.
  13. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    Momota is soaring straight up to dethrone this young prince of badminton. :D

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    2017 was a great year for Axelsen ... In the absence of Momota.

Back to a post mortem in Denmark to try and work out how he is going to beat Momota.

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

It won't ever be the last we hear of Viktor. With his remarkable physical attributes, his recent past commendable results , his age , only 24 now, and his talents - he will be back.

Whether the Momota question will be solved by him eventually remains to be seen but we can expect their rivalry to intensify. In fact, I think the next few years are unlikely to be decided between these two alone, I should expect very soon another one or two rising stars to join in the race for supremacy.

Gelatokid likes this.
  16. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    i hope so because it's extremely one-sided right now.
    name names...

17. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

SYQ, ASG, (KS?)

18. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

I don‘t see any of the top players from now surpassing Lin Dan or Lee Chong Wei in terms of skills, consistency and dominance, not even Momota. Sorry to say. It‘s not meant in a demeaning way towards these players, just that these two legends set the bar very very high. Might be the only one with that opinion, but regardless of his 2 WCs and 1 Olympic gold, I don‘t see Chen Long in the same category as them, either.

19. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

I thought we only talking about those who will dominate in the next few years?
    Except if you still think that those 2 still will be able to maintain their level for the next 5 years?

20. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Yeah, true. I was going off topic, just didn't know where else to post this. Don't think LCW can maintain his level for 5 years, even the Olympics 2020 is a big stretch, imo. Lin Dan is having trouble now already. I'd be very surprised if we see Momota or any other player in the next 2-3 years winning the majority of tournaments, like Lin Dan or Chong Wei, that's all I'm saying.