FZ Forza Light 9.9 vs JS10

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Daniel2207, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Daniel2207

Daniel2207 Regular Member

302139_FZ_FORZA_LIGHT_9.jpg I currently am using Jetspeed 10 however due to a talk with Forza this week they said that if I decided to represent Forza using there stuff at tournaments then later down the line they would give me a full sponsorship just wondering how people compare this racket I really like the JS10 everything the speed power control and wondered how this Forza racket compared I believe it is a 4U (83g)

2. Lindon

Lindon Regular Member

Why not ask them to lend you the racket themselves for you to try?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

3. Daniel2207

Daniel2207 Regular Member

I would but as I said unfortunately because I am not technically sponsored the would just like me to use their stuff so that in the future when I grow into a bigger brand they can then officially sponsor me and in the meantime have me using the brand at tournaments which I don't mind because I like the clothing and have used a Forza racket a couple of times and felt no worse than a Yonex racket just a different company also Forza hand out more sponsorships than Yonex do :)

4. konstancij

konstancij Regular Member

you can ask tell em to give you to test the 9.9 in return for a review placed here, as there is practically 0 info on forza rackets. on paper both js10 and 9.9 are fancy colored stiff rackets with 295mm balance.

Cheung likes this.
  5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Yeah? :D

That's one way of getting more sales and exposure for forza without them spending any money nor donating a test racquet.

ucantseeme likes this.
  6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Good idea. Adding a few full stops would be good. It would make the review easier to read.

vincemcoupe likes this.
  7. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    If Forza wants to support you, they will carry a bag full of demo rackets to you. Depending what kind of contract you get, you can pay different percentage of the price until you get them for free. Regardless which type of contract, you will always get a starter kit and will send you some demo rackets, a few shirts and so on. Asking you to buy their rackets to offer a sponsorship in the future is a dubious procedure. I have clients who have 50% and 100% sponsorships and all of them had a meeting with a brand ambassador which carry a car full of stuff to try on and get you hands on and watched their players before to decide for a sponsorship. If you need to buy without any discount, stay away - not beneficial for a young talented player. Than can you choose whatever you like without thinking.

s_mair and Cheung like this.
  8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

@Daniel2207

Is this something Forza are doing to other young amateur players?

Basically, it is a scam. Have you heard of Nigerian 419 scams? "You send me some money to release millions of dollars locked away in a hidden account."

Here, we have "you buy my racquet brand and I will give you sponsorship".

You might want to warn other people about this dodgy practice by Forza.

ucantseeme likes this.
  9. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I met one of their brand ambassadors years ago and it is not their practice here in Germany.

A bit offtopic, but maybe important for the OP: Drop some brands a message about you and how you succeed at tournaments. List all your important wins and so on. Add a link to you tournament profile and write about about you. This will be a good promo for their brand and a good support for you. This will open you a door to a brand which will sponsor you. Yonex is difficult to get, they mostly pick the cream. FME Victor and Li-Ning are here easier to get in touch. Best way is to be concentrated on the 3rd tier brands/local brands, because they want to get more attention and are not so flood with mails requesting a sponsorship. Even better is if you have a familiar shop owner which you know very well. He can call you when an ambassador is there for buisness issues or can call the ambassador to meet you in person. Take note: Don't bother any brand ambassador when you are just a normal player and want to get something for free. If you are young, need backup from your parents and don't have no/a small income and are really successful, go for it.