Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Especially his sideswipe towards Badminton Racket Review. IMO Paul could step up his review game with a scale. Is less subjective and a good source. Especially for Li-Ning rackets which make it different to categorize them clearly into lines and a chart. I must take him under my wings, because if you don't have all rackets in your hands for a reference it's very difficult to point out the small difference between N7II and the N9II. It's not as clear as 3U AT700 vs. F Arc FB. ;)

s_mair likes this.
  2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Exactly. I own both N9II and N7II for a couple of weeks now, and still it's very tough to tell them apart on dry swings only. The difference becomes most obvious if you switch between them during a session.

Impossible to make that comparison with several weeks in between and by memory only.

3. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Still can‘t believe that I‘m the only one I know that feels like there are worlds between the N7-2 and N9-2 and thinks the N7-2 is kinda slow. Maybe I‘m the oversensitive, crazy one.

4. Genkz

Genkz Regular Member

Hey @Rob3rt maybe it is the rare case of a very heavy n7 in comparison to a very light n9?

Did you have the chance to weigh them?

5. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

I tried two different N7-2s and found their movement - especially on defensive shots and drives - sluggish compared to my other rackets.

6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I still have no clue what's going on between you and that N7II. I've tried another white N7II in the meantime, and it feels identical to my black one. So either you were unlucky twice, or you have some sort of shifted perception in regards of that racket.

7. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    7 is an unlucky number in China and some other countries in Asia. No wonder that @Rob3rt got 2 times a lemon. ;)

I have the Jetspeed 10Q beside the N7II and while feel-wise both are worlds apart, the defense with the N7II is not JS10 fast, but close which is great for a 3U vs. 4U scenario.

8. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    He started struggling with his N80s, I think Rob3rt needs to hit the gym... ;)

9. risii

risii Regular Member

anyone already tested the N90 IV ?
    I did and can give "thumbs up"

10. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    I'm tempted to try the N90 IV/N7 II/N9 II...

I need to stop buying new rackets

Saru and Ace_Everything like this.
  11. kaffars

kaffars Regular Member

Geologist
    If you do decide to buy N9II let me know! I'm selling mine which I have barely used.

12. waterboy

waterboy Regular Member

Can anyone offer a comparison between n80ii and n7? Thought I settled on the n7 but the n80ii paint job is really making my hand itch.

13. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    I've got an N7 II coming, what can I expect?

14. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    You can expect a faster Arcsaber 11-ish racket, which should be easy to use for everyone. A pretty balanced racket which is good in all departments, without beeing a one stroke wonder. You won't struggle during fast games or a the net and still have enough power in the backcourt. It's not a demanding racket which tears you down after an hour of usage. I was always sceptical about Li-Ning, but I'm pretty satisfied. Would describe it like a more forgiving and more flexible JS10 which hits harder in the rear court compromising some quickness in flat game and feel as well. Maybe you can imagine what you will get now.;)

15. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    As someone that's never used an Arc11 or JS10, I have a vivid image haha

Don't suppose you could compare it to a Z Speed at all could you?

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yeah I would take that with 50 grains of salt, contradicts the LN racket matrix, my own experience as well as that of the owner of the shop I buy at...although I'll say the difference isn't massive. I can't say how tight QC is on those models, so maybe he got a really heavy end N7-ii. Only explanation I can think of that unifies all the things I listed above and doesn't call into question his competence, plus it has been mentioned on here by someone else that they got a really heavy one too

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Briefly. Doesn't feel like an N90 racket, as it's not very heavy at all, but felt pretty good overall. Can't really compare this adequately, it's somewhat similar to an Arc11, but has a lighter head. It's somewhat similar to a N80-II, but lighter. A bit similar to a beefier Bravesword 10 maybe, but that might be my memory playing tricks on me. It's pretty balanced, I think, but compared to my N80-iis with a heavy setup (high towel grip, heavy strings) pretty much any LN racket with a No1 string and w/o towel grip feels light :D
    I'll very likely test it some more in the near future.

18. robfitsy

robfitsy Regular Member

To be fair, I thought the n7-2 was unusually heavy when I initially got it, and it took me 2 weeks to adapt to it and realize that it was actually balanced. I wouldn't be surprised if the reviewer comes to the same conclusion after playing with it for a while.

19. TigerSmash

TigerSmash Regular Member

Imo, the QC isn't that great on the n7-2, out of 6 that I owned two were lighter by 2g, one by 1g.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

20. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Totally normal spread imo. All the Victor users out there would have their eyes filled with tears of joy if they could find 6 rackets from the same type, all within 2 g in total weight.

Saru, ucantseeme and j4ckie like this.