YONEX NanoRay 800

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by YY_PLAYER, Jul 9, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ycw77

ycw77 Regular Member

Haha... Yeah. That's enough to mess up their games :p

2. Heong

Heong Regular Member

Best racket out. Highly recommended to anyone.

3. ah tat

ah tat Regular Member

student
  4. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

5. ein_roboter

ein_roboter Regular Member

Student
    Hi everybody. I'm looking for a 'spare' racket next to my beloved NS8000. I'm struggling to choose between this NR800 and the infamous NR900.

I love head light rackets and I mastered my NS8000 pretty well: it's my favourite racket, really fast, I can generate enough power with it and produce controlled shots. I'm more into doubles: defensive, active front court, counter puncher with fast drives, but I'm not struggling with using power for smashes when I'm in the back. I do use it for my single as well and have absolutely no problems/encountered drawbacks with it. I guess my NS8000 turned into my personal allround racket and perhaps my playing style has evolved around that racket in all the years I've been using it. The NS8000 is 'snappy' and fast: I absolutely love it, especially the combo of head light and a stiff shaft.

So in looking for a racket next to the NS8000, which one will complement it?
    Nanoray 800: according to Yonex this sounds like the one and only successor of the NS8000, considering the specs.
    Nanoray 900: not really the successor of my current racket, but perhaps it will somehow alter my game into a slightly more offensive style (harder smashes and faster drives). It may as well be a nice 'change' or 'breath of fresh air' next to my NS8000. How much is the difference between the NR800 and NR900? Here in The Netherlands, both the rackets are the same price.

So anyone care to share your two cents into this matter :)

6. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    I have both nr800(4u) and nr900(3u). I play double only. I use the 800 if I partner with a offensive player. Taking out the 900 if I need to be the offensive one. The 900 is a better racket in everyway except front court control. I think 800 is more suitable for you if you don't want to change your style. 900 is more offensive if you can master it. I can play all day with 800 but not the 900. Hope it helps.

7. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Hi ein_roboter,
    Yes, nr800 is replacement and improvement of ns8000. It has better control and faster than nr900. You are right, nr900 is different than nr800 and ns8000. It is more powerful. But it is slower than nr800. Like the other post said, unless you want to change your game, stay with nr800.

8. ein_roboter

ein_roboter Regular Member

Student
    Thanks guys, you truly helped me a lot. I'll go for the NS800. Never change a winning team ;)

9. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Seems like third color incoming.

[​IMG]

10. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    hopefully this means i can nab a couple 3u of the phased out colorway for cheap :D

ntpm likes this.
  11. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I have a 3ug5 US coded nr800 gen 1 color I can sell. Pm me if you are interested.

12. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.