Li Ning No. 1 String - Anyone using it?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Charlie-SWUK, Aug 20, 2015.

1. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    has no effect on anything.
    i have used yonex strings on yonex, victors, apacs, gosens, lining, ashaway
    i have used gosen strings
    i have used lining strings
    i have used ashaway strings
    i have similarly used victor strings
    i have used even the apacs strings on those rackets. its the type of string and quality of stringjob that matters, to restrict yonex rackets to yonex strings and so on is a very close minded approach. i have seen japanese pros using mizuno rackets with a yonex string, sindhu on li-ning racket used yonex strings, vittinghus with carlton used bg80.
    dont go for this approach, just introduce a variable in your gear and experiment till you find a setup that is just right for you.

Saru and BadAtGoodminton like this.
  2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    What about grips? ;) Normally I tried everything out which got my attention. Then I summarized and have default for a period. Atm I run Li-Ning and Victor rackets with a Yonex string and a Wilson Overgrips. Works perfectly fine. I aim for a decent product and not the specific brand. IMO it is an OCD. ;)

swsh likes this.
  3. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    I have 3 different brands of towel grip en route. :D

4. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I don’t see how that’s old school thinking. If you’d have said “that’s the old sponsored me sticking to his habits of same stuff from same brand like before” there’d have been some merit but otherwise it makes no sense like every here said.

Yesterday, I gave out my freshly strung BG80 to an academy kid since he kept asking to try it. What’d you know, he snaps it on the first warm up clear but hitting it from the very top. (Not even like close but VERY TOP). So I find myself without a string at 8:15pm. Closest shop closes at 9. We somehow reach by clearly not breaking the speed limit anywhere on the empty stretch of roads in between and I’ve now ended up with stringjob of No.1 at 33.

5. Udit Jain

Udit Jain Regular Member

true but then thats why this forum is for ,to discuss thoughts and strategies, i am up for anything to improve my game thats why joined this forum, and honestly taking advice from professionals like u would only help my game.
    With regard to same brand same stuff its the personal choice which i carried for so long and was quite effective in my life may be its a different ball game in badminton and i am now happy to change this habit as it will only help my game . Cheers to all for your kind comments

6. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I’m a casual idiot and definitely not a pro lol.

7. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Well that’s just great. The nearby stringer did a wonderful job and not only did he miss a cross, the stringjob feels weird as well. I got to stop settling and just choosing not to play a day so I can go to my main stringer instead of wasting so much string. Seriously makes no.1 feel terrible.

On other news, I handstrung a racket (not joking literally handpulled all the strings) and am able to play well with it. It’s like the funniest thing ever. I think I’m going to keep using it till Saturday when I go to my stringer.

8. selasarorg

selasarorg Regular Member

anyone here hav compare lining no1 to yonex aerobite??

#1028 selasarorg, May 1, 2018
    Last edited: May 1, 2018
    Udit Jain likes this.
  9. Udit Jain

Udit Jain Regular Member

i am also eager to know the answer

10. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Here you go:

Power: No.1 >> AB
    Slice: AB >> No.1
    Touch: AB = No.1
    Spin: AB >> No.1
    Repulsion: No.1 almost the same as AB.
    Feel: No.1 >> AB
    Durability: No.1 >>> AB
    Tension Retention : No.1 > AB
    Sound: AB pings higher than No.1 around my tensions. Sounds nicer.

I only recently learnt what Aerobite truly stands for. It’s not at all about power or repulsion but rather for spin. In fact, dare I say but I’ve never used anything else that can put so much spin onto the shuttle with precise accuracy. I misunderstood it and gave it a bad review earlier on because I made an error in judging it. Yonex doesn’t make it easier by claiming insane repulsion etc either tho. It’s one of the best to me for a controlled game that has little to no full smashes in it. You can get very nice and precise angles with it.

Closest would be 80 Power but I prefer AB now to it. For pure power tho, No.1 hits quite well. The choice when I wanna play flat and just get everything down from the backcourt.

Okaharu and selasarorg like this.
  11. Udit Jain

Udit Jain Regular Member

thats a proper reply thanks man

12. selasarorg

selasarorg Regular Member

13. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Good comparison between aerobite and LN1. I'm still undecided between gtone 5 and LN1, because of similar reasons. The GT5 is more textured, which means slightly more control and consistency in smashes, but then nothinf approaches the pure pop you get from LN1 when you catch the it perfectly.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

14. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Not necessarily. Smoother strings are more accurate unless you're slicing the shuttle a bit on overheads where imo AB wins. GT5 is a very nice medium. It has a little of everything and doesn't pop no matter how much you pull. I've had No.1 fail from packets on multiple occasions but never with GT5. Same with Ultimax etc. Almost everything has failed a couple times except GT5.

I'd respectfully disagree about the nothing approaching No.1 part. Aerosonic at 31 and No.1 at 31, it's not even close. Yeah AS will snap extremely quickly but purely on performance standpoint No.1 doesn't stand a chance.

15. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Probably should've made that last point clearer that I was comparing the two strings. Both of which I've played lots with and have strung my last 2 sets of main rackets with each string.

For GT5, I tend to find slightly off centre shots to be much better than the LN1 ones and I thought this was due to the rougher texture. But I'm only playing around 24 to 26lbs, so my mileage may vary.

Also your last point, shouldn't you be pushing LN1 higher to compare with AS because of the difference in diameter or does LN1 pop before then?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

16. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Ah yes that makes sense then. Yes No.1 is not only more repulsive but also more powerful than GT5. I find rough strings to be the best at lower tensions as they seem to work the best. GT5 also peaked at 26 for me and then I took performance out of it bit by bit as I approached 32-34 ish.

Not really. I always compare the same tension. Used AS at 34 after No.1 at 34 for comparison as well for example. No.1 at 35 isn't more powerful than No.1 at 31. If you go high you lose a bit of power after awhile.

17. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

I'm beginning to have more love for this string. After awhile on my vtldf at 27, it was really nice in terms of repulsion and smashing. Looks like it's at home with my vtldf. 1st time i used this on a vt 9 at the same tension, i never liked it.
    I thought it was a hyped up string in this forum but was never really that good. But now i'm really loving it. I guess the equation string specs + racket specs + tension (ps or nps) is really crucial in the whole scheme of things with a happy ending☺

Sent from my SM-J320F using Tapatalk

18. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I see Winston has listed the ever so elusive black badge / packet (China variant) Li-Ning No.1 reel separately on MBS for not much extra money. :)

19. Razor-BladE

Razor-BladE Regular Member

Personal Trainer
    I keep moving between GT5, BG80 and LN1, and can't properly decide which one I like more! I think I'm leaning more towards the LN1 for the power and it also seems to last better than the others.

Currently trying GT5/LN1 and BG80/LN1 hybrids, so I'll compare it against just LN1 and see which I prefer.

Looking to get a reel of LN1, which colour is best?

#1039 Razor-BladE, May 10, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
  20. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Used 80/1 combo tonight... forgot how nice it is compared to *everything else available*.