K. Srikanth क्. स्रिकनथ्

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by scorpion1, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

"I am really happy and excited at getting the Padma Shri this evening. In fact, I was surprised when I was informed that I have been shortlisted for the award," Shrikanth told IANS.

"I had applied thinking that I was eligible for this award. Glad that even the screening committee thought as much. This is really motivating," he added with a smile.

At 25, Shrikanth is the second youngest sportsperson in India to have got the Padma Shri. Earlier, P.V. Sindhu got it at the age of 19.

Shrikanth, an Arjuna awardee, was the first male badminton player to win gold at the 2015 Swiss Open Grand Prix Gold.

http://www.timesnownews.com/sports/...anth-surprised-at-receiving-padma-shri/209738

Loh likes this.
  2. Baddyforall

3. Baddyforall

4. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Srikanth Kidambi is new World No. 1 as on April 12, 2018

#464 badmuse, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    Baddyforall and Sundis like this.
  5. Baddyforall

6. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Srikanth Kidambi on becoming World No.1

Anks likes this.
  7. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Srikanth Kidambi

8. Baddyforall

Q: We have Kidambi Srikanth with us from Gold Coast. First of all, congratulations. It was a hard fought match but are you disappointed that it didn't go your way?
    A: Yes, I am a little disappointed. I played well but I could have done a little better.

Q: What did you think was the turning point, because you started well, and won the first game, was it due to the pace by Lee Chong Wei. And at no point did he slow down?
    A: Yes I think I had started really well and played well to reach the 11-point halfway mark. But after that break, Lee played really well and took the game away.

Q: You had beaten Lee Chong Wei in the mixed team event and what was the difference the way he was playing today and where could you have improved today?
    A: I think I should have cut down on some of my mistakes. When you are playing against the top players you can't make mistakes. And I think I made too many unforced mistakes and gave him the lead in the second and third game.

Q: Just a last question, what was your conversation with Pullela Gopichand after the match? What did he tell you after your performance?
    A: Well we haven't really spoke much about the strategy stuff but it was more about congratulating each other.

https://www.news18.com/news/badmint...-chong-wei-says-kidambi-srikanth-1718825.html

9. Baddyforall

Good work. Everything depends on his self belief. We know sonwon ho, who was world no.1 for quite some time without achieving anything. He will always lose to any one of the top players. Srikanth won his team gold at commonwealth games beating LCW in the finals.
    Beating a player like LCW twice in 2 weeks is tough thing to ask. If you have experience , definitely you will not want to lose to same player twice in consecutive weeks.
    Hope srikanth learn from this and come back stronger.

In the finals of commonwealth games , in the 3rd game, lcw came back stronger in the initial stages of 3rd game which srikanth did not expect it at all. It is difficult to come back . 8 points is too much to ask for.

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

10. djake

djake Regular Member

Dr
    I am not sure why you are so disparaging about Son Wan Ho and what was the context that led you to bring him into your discussion.
    Shon was world no. 1 for a much longer time and has won many SS titles too. Admittedly he has never won a ‘major’, but neither has KS.
    More tellingly, he has beaten Lin Dan, LCW and CL many times (arguably when they were all at their peaks). As far as I know, KS has only beaten these legends once each. Let’s be fair to Shon.

KS will need to defend lots of points in the second half of the year. Will be interesting to see whether he can stay at No.1 with VA, CL and SYQ snapping at his heels.

QUOTE="Baddyforall, post: 2635522, member: 123108"]Good work. Everything depends on his self belief. We know sonwon ho, who was world no.1 for quite some time without achieving anything. He will always lose to any one of the top players. Srikanth won his team gold at commonwealth games beating LCW in the finals.
    Beating a player like LCW twice in 2 weeks is tough thing to ask. If you have experience , definitely you will not want to lose to same player twice in consecutive weeks.
    Hope srikanth learn from this and come back stronger.

In the finals of commonwealth games , in the 3rd game, lcw came back stronger in the initial stages of 3rd game which srikanth did not expect it at all. It is difficult to come back . 8 points is too much to ask for.

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
    I

soami likes this.
  11. Master

Master Regular Member

In my calculation, KS at World No.1 only last for 1 week. His points from Singapore Open will expire today.

12. Baddyforall

I[/QUOTE]I have great respect for Sonwonho. I never intend to bring his name down. I just wanted to remind people that world no.1 player is also a human. He could not win every match he plays.
    Yes. Srikanth will go back to no.2 rank as he is about to lose his singapore open ranking.
    Thanks for your reply. But i have written that in this context. Hope you understand now.

13. soami

soami Regular Member

Son Wan Ho is a top player.
    Love to watch him play. He never cracks under pressure. Unlike Srikanth.
    In recent memory, he probably has played the most gruelling matches in MS singles and come out on top in many of them.

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Srikanth really does blow hot and cold on court. Cannot seem to get that edge on consistency.

15. Baddyforall

16. Baddyforall

17. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Hmm I wish we can see a Srikanth vs Momota soon.

18. Baddyforall

Even i want that. Momota met every top 10 player except srikanth after coming back from ban.

19. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    Srikianth may have beaten LCW in the mixed CG but he lost easily in the individual competition, so much for the new World No.1
    He was much better last year but this year he has been poor.

20. Baddyforall

Come to the PRESENT buddy. He is not World no.1 anymore and you should have spoken this when he was actually and that happenend long time ago. He is not at all playing nowadays and skipping the tournaments like anything . Even skipped SINGAPORE OPEN this year where he had to defend huge points as he was finalist last year only lost to Sai Praneeth who was the eventuall winner.