Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. anuarsama

anuarsama New Member

i,m also curious about this,i saw some shop sell the TD version, n i dont know what it mean, i try to google it, cant find the answer

2. decoy

decoy Regular Member

It's been said a few times, but it doesn't apply specifically to the n9ii.

TD stands for Take Down. Basically they take an N series racquet and make a version designed to be more appealing to the general consumer. That is to say they lower the price to more of a mid-range product, lower the warrantied tension, and make the specifications more appealing to recreational players.

TF is similar just again one step down from the TD.

That's just a general statement and not a solid rule though. To be honest I'd the TD 9 is better than the N9 to me.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

anuarsama likes this.
  3. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

Quite a few members on the n9ii thread asked about that before, and I posted some info that I’ve found, I’ll posted it here. Aside from what decoy mentioned in the previous post, here are some specs info, besides the lower tension support on the TD and TF:

N9ii 298mm mid-stiff
    9ii TD 295mm mid-flex
    9ii TF 290mm flexible

#4363 Konquerian, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Saru, anuarsama and decoy like this.
  4. anuarsama

anuarsama New Member

thanx 4 the info guys:)...btw i got the n9ii(green/purple) on January this year,but not string yet:D..here some pic

Attached Files:

5. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

Congrats on your new racquet!

The n9ii is an excellent all-round racquet, and it should serve you well. What string and tension are you going to use on it?

6. anuarsama

anuarsama New Member

want to try gosen GT5 maybe..26@27lbs

7. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

And just when I thought that my story with the N7II was about to come to an end soon... :rolleyes:

The price with the club mate was already fixed, and I only wanted to use it for some kind of farewell match before handing it over to its new owner the following day.
    And then something happened.

Either it was the LN1 that had finally settled in properly or it was just some sort of muscle-memory-timing-magic, but I pulled off some sensational shots in that MD match (and the following XD too...). Close-to-JS10 like defense and interception stunts and a series of steep zero-preparation half-smashes that also made me think of having a JS10 in my hand more than once.
    Switching back to the real JS10 later in the session made it clear that the JS10 is still the undisputed speed-king, but the N7II brings in the more solid Li-Ning feel and provides a bit more beef from the backline. So if anyone is looking for a racket that sits exactly in the middle of JS10 and N9II, go for the N7II and look no further.

And now? Seriously, I just couldn't make myself giving it away after such a great session. Looking back at all the rackets that I've played and sold, there is only one that I regret to have sold so quickly after watching some video footage of myself using it (the N99... damn, that thing had a big punch!). But I'm dead sure that I would have regret this one a lot without me giving it some more time to prove itself. The only one who was not happy about the way that story continued was my club mate, let me tell you that... not even the offer to get him another mint condition N7II in white (hello @Rob3rt!) for a good price could cheer him up really... :confused:

And another note to myself: Never judge a racket carrying a perfectly fresh set of LN1. That string comes to life and shows its true colors after 2-3 hours on court.

#4367 s_mair, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    Saru, robfitsy and Rob3rt like this.
  8. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Was it you or Rob3rt that called the 99 an 'unforgiving b~"?

Got one in my bag, shame it barely gets used.

Glad you clicked with it though!

9. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Guilty as charged. But man, I could smash with that thing!

But before you ask - no, I will still not be buying another one.

10. ne_bad_minton

ne_bad_minton Regular Member

engineer
    Curious about the variant painting. Is it only N9ii has green/purple but not 9ii TD?

11. SetAround

SetAround Regular Member

Hi, I would like to ask experienced members for some help in choosing my next purchase. My hunt for the best fitting racket has led me quite around for some time without really finding something that I absolutely want to keep and play with for years to come.

I made the switch from YY to Lining after trying out the N9ii and after hearing about strings cutting into YY frames. For that reason I also never have and probably never will own a Victor racket. But back to the point:

So far I have tried the N9ii, the N90iv as well as the N99. About the N9ii there was nothing that really stood out. Sometimes it even felt rather unstable on court, especially when being tired and my shots went all over the place. The N90iv is very stable so far I have found, but it is missing some head weight (maybe I will have to add leadtape). It swings super fast and unfortunately is not the heaviest of rackets as well, and this leads to little feedback from my shots. The N99 is a double sided sword. It can be amazing or it can be sh*t. The sweetspot is indeed very small, and although the racket is very stable upon impact, outside the sweetspot it totally is not. So sometimes I can use it well and sometimes I can`t. This would not necessarily be a problem, however I am still not at that level where I can enjoy such a difficult racket with ease. And until I am there I would like to use something more forgiving, so that in competitions I can still rely on it without having to be afraid wether I will hit the next shot in the sweetspot or outside of it.

Now, basically I am looking for something like the N99 but more forgiving or like the N90iv but heavier in the head. Most of all I like a solid punchy feeling on impact and some head weight to guide me. I went trough this thread already (yes, all of it!) and so far the N80ii, the N55iii or the N90iii should come close to what I am looking for. Or so I think, because in the end I am not sure if the head weight won`t be too much. Unfortunately there also is nobody in my vicinity who owns what I would like to try.

So, may I ask if anyone can guide me in the right direction please? That would be awesome. :)

12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

N80II should definitely be on your list. It's more stable (meaning a tad stiffer) than N9II and carries a bit more weight in the head than both N99 and N9II. Still, it's surprisingly forgiving and reasonably fast due to the aerodynamic frame.

If you could live with a little less weight in the head and still a bit more stiffness than N9II, then also add the N7II to the candidates.

SetAround likes this.
  13. robfitsy

robfitsy Regular Member

It sounds like you should maybe spend a little more time with the rackets until you get more familiar with them.
    N80-2 is not an easy racket, and is better suited to singles, even then only just.

14. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Since the Li Ning hype also arrived the club players in Germany, I have a bunch of N99 for restring. Does anybody have a solution/replace for the square grommets? My normal grommets don't fit into the groove and I'm looking for an easy solution to replace them. I'm not keen to order outside Europe. I prefer to order inside Germany. Any ideas? @s_mair @Rob3rt @j4ckie @Daniel™

swsh likes this.
  15. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

So you really must use those square shaped ones on the N99 there? What the hell?! I don't like that. :confused:

Dennis does sell the original ones. I only got a couple of them to test with the previous shipment, but maybe @Daniel™ can help you out.

16. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Frankly, I can't get any of my LN grommets, mbs or Aef into the groove to sit plain on the frame. I also don't want to squeeze the grommet head into the groove or cut anything away from the grommets. Really annoying case. The guy runs a high tension and since you can't turn them 4 times, I'm not very happy to restring rackets with f***ed up grommets.

17. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

I put the ones from MBS, they fit. Doesn't look pretty, but fits.

18. salepang

salepang Regular Member

Can anyone share review about n90iv?it is stiff like bravesword 12?

19. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Stiffer

20. salepang

salepang Regular Member

Any similiar racquect that n90iv stiffness and head heavy?