Suggest Voltric Racket for easy clears | Plastic shuttle

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Ankit1980, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Ankit1980

Ankit1980 New Member

I am an intermediate player currently playing with Voltric 5. It's time to upgrade my racket and I am looking for a Racket with which I can easily hit clears with plastic shuttles. Please suggest

2. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    Voltric 10/20dg. And nothing else. They will both give you similar performance of a flagship, but then again they will be used for hitting a plastic shuttle.

3. Ankit1980

Ankit1980 New Member

Thanks. Are those going to be good for clears with plastic shuttle at 24 lbs. How about VT70Neo / VT8 Etune/ VT50 Etune

4. shreyas666

Well, all these rackets are 4u in India. Get a 3u racket. In addition to that, DG frames are lot more stronger and are designed to handle high tensions.

5. Ankit1980

Ankit1980 New Member

Thanks again. DG series is Stiff . Won't medium flex help in better clears?

6. shreyas666

No, its different in play. The headweight of voltrics makes the racket not so stiff in play. You'll feel a sort of upgrade in your accuracy and shot placement. DG series feel a lot solid and satisfying. And DG series are not that stiff, I have used one. Loved it.

7. Drive Warrior

Drive Warrior Regular Member

Engineer
    Seconded..dg10 is great with plastics

8. izzice9300

izzice9300 Regular Member

If u want Dg series, 7DG and 1DG are rated medium flex.
    Btw, I have 7 Neo, n i don't think it will be suitable for plastic.

9. BadmiCat

BadmiCat Regular Member

10. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

In between those lines, I read that you cannot hit a clear easily with a Voltric 5. My advice: Stick to your racket and work on your technique! A racket cannot do magic (marketing suggests otherwise, but that doesn't make it true). If you want an upgrade, try some fresh strings first and save some money for a coach.

If you still want to get a new racket, let us know what you dislike about your current racket...

ucantseeme likes this.
  11. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    @Ankit1980 First off, if you’re in Delhi, GO TO SIRIFORT!! You’ve missed out on probably the best guy in our country if you don’t already go there.

This has probably something to do with strings if not for the most obvious factor (bad technique). Go there to the Yonex shop and get stringing done. You couldn’t have been luckier when asking for a restring anywhere in the entire country since the main tournament stringer literally lives in the same city as you.

Also, if you still feel dissatisfied with your racket (you should be able to hit clears with it but dissatisfied in other ways) you can pm me anytime and I’ll arrange some hitting time with 10DG or any other racket you’d like for you so you don’t have to buy something new with no previous experience.

#11 swsh, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    speCulatius likes this.
  12. BadmiCat

BadmiCat Regular Member

Flexible shaft + extra low tension and one can easily send any shuttle out of the court.
    Adjacent sometimes, but we do not discuss precision here, do we? :D

#12 BadmiCat, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  13. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

If someone cannot hit clears with a decent (mid-flex) racket like the Voltric 5, a more flexible shaft might help, but in my opinion, a new racket is the last thing to worry about. The money is better spent on new strings, a coach and even some other things like shoes, shuttles and court time would be on my list before getting a new racket.

If he still wants to get a new racket, @swsh made a very kind offer to try rackets, so he won't burn his money.

Still, my advice is: Go for a restring and a coach!

swsh and ucantseeme like this.
  14. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I second, that if you can't hit with any racket with any string at 24 effortless clears, your technique is bad. A bit harsh, but it's the simple case. Lower your tension to 20 to have a larger sweet spot.

Give me any racket out of my club and I will hit clears and backhand clears with plastics. Regardless if it's my own one at high tension or a cheap Oliver with worn out factory string. IMO a lot people here overdo the equipment choice thing to solve problems. I guess 90% of clears, smash, defence cases could be solved for a lifetime with a coach and 10 hours of drills and training instead of playing with a new and different racket.

swsh likes this.
  15. Ankit1980

Ankit1980 New Member

Thanks for all the replies.. My clears are pretty ok with Voltric 5 strung with NBG 99. Its kind of worn out now after 4 years with paint chipping off from everywhere. Its just that if I go with new racket I don't want it to be harder to clear as compared with my current setup. I was bit inclined towards 7dg as it is not compact, less stiff (compared to 10 dg) and 3u but now I might reconsider buying looking at all the replies

16. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    If you are looking at 7DG I'd advise against it and would rather recommend the Voltric 0.7DG. 0.7 is much more forgiving than 7 in it's stiffness but unlike 1DG it isn't trying to achieve the 35lbs warranty with the least amount of headweight possible in it's head. The BP of 0.7 is relatively high and will help you with clears.

It's also cheaper by a whole 1k inr so that can go into a repulsive string like G Tone 5. If you'd like exact recommendations so you can just have the setup all ready to play, let me know I'll write it all down.

17. shreyas666

Too much of techno-blabla, I would say just suggest them racket which is a step up in Stiffness.
    Voltric people don't really have much problem with hitting clears, they have some power. Let them build technique with a slightly more stiffer shaft.

18. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I agree, as long as the buyer had choosen the correct racket for him/her and this is often not the case. No racket in the bag attest anybody power or technique. And the VT5 is a 4U racket which has less head weight than an Arc11 or NR800(3U). Just my 2 cents to your Voltric theory.