Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

The lesson I learnt from Morten Frost's stint is that if you can't get along with the golden boy, you can't stay long/they will find an excuse to force you to resign, e.g. underperformance at SEA games.

Would Li Yongbo get along with the golden boy? :confused:

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    This is the best.. Employ him as a consultant.

3. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Well, not only LCW is complanning about Frosty. Most of public questions the price of paying MF a lost of cash but the result were so disappointing.
    Most people I know have the same opinion as I have stated.

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Three silver medals in Olympics....

Then he goes and what's left?

He had to be paid more because of the history of BAM and the way it treats the top badminton guy.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Exactly, Morten Frost's contributions to BAM should never be understated, just because of LCW's public spat with him.

I still believed if MF were given a free hand with even LCW respecting and deferring to him, MAS badminton and BAM will continue to make progress and possibly another breakthrough in due course.

MAS is a badminton crazy nation , their national sport with a long enough tradition, and once such an erstwhile powerhouse hit at or near rock bottom, it's likely to go back up but it needs the right catalyst to make it happen sooner rather later.

Let's hope MAS badminton doesn't languish too long.

6. visor

visor Regular Member

Looks possible...

[​IMG]

7. lurker

lurker Regular Member

Golden uncle liao lor

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I seriously doubt Li Yongbo who's near his official retirement age in China would want to uproot himself and, probably, bring his wife along as well. Even much less so would the aged Tang Xianhu , now 76 years old, and not in very good health (he had heart surgery some years back); furthermore, LYB takes such good care of him with the appointment of Principal of his Dongguan Badminton Academy.

However, if Malaysia, which isn't located too far away from China and sharing the same timezone, and has a sizeable Chinese population with Chinese food widely available, apart from whatever attractive terms BAM can offer him as Technical Director (or Head Coach?), still cannot make LYB take the leap, I don't see how any other country could.

9. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Even if they bring li Yongbo, there is no guarantee he ll make any difference considering the mentalities of players.
    And also, if i am not wrong, China's way of selecting players (from childhood) and coaching is different from others. You cant expect a new guy to do wonders in a moment. After so much drama happened to Morten Frost, i dont know who will accept such post only to blame them in the future.

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I thought Li Yongbo and LCW are on good terms, personal friends . Didn't Li Yongbo specially flew to Kuala Lumpur to attend LCW's wedding though there's no tournament held there at the time ?

What's more , LYB is reported to have often spoken highly of LCW as a great player and most worthy opponent for CHN and the world. So too MF's almost fulsome praise of LCW . Hope that should LYB become TD of BAM, he doesn't end up another MF. Just saying, slim chance of LYB taking up the job.

11. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Players come. And go. In nation team but I don't understand why BAM need to announcemen on every small detsils
    Really? I wonder who are the people that has the same opinion as mf is overpaid.

Most Malaysian I met think mf did a great job. 3 silvers in Olympic with mediocre players.

If u read the news before and after bam sack mf. They are actually pointing to mf failure to qualify for Thomas cup tru merit, but in actual it has always been the plan to give the Thomas cups qualifications as a platform for exposure for junior cause Malaysia will eventually qualify tru world ranking.

They just can't find a good reason to fire him.

What irk me most is that, some complain about his salary, that's what bam use to lure him here. After getting him here only complaint about salary

alien9113 and Cheung like this.
  12. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Yes unfortunately mf has not learn how to play the game Malaysia way or maybe he really want to makes real change.

Mf plan has always been Tokyo 2020, anything in between is just to get the youngsters ready for 2020.

Its pathetic how the politician snd media try to paint that mf was sack because of poor result matter of the fact is, he didn't play the game Malaysia way.

I'm a fan of the golden boy and wish him nothing but the best but he is resources hogging. If the coaches still giving him the most attention the junior will be neglected.

The golden boy is still a valuable asset for Malaysia but as sparring partner instead of the focal point.

From the golden boy point of view, this is his bread and butter, if he don't do well, his income will fall.

alien9113 and undeadshot like this.
  13. indrg

indrg Regular Member

LD confirmed that he likes to play in All-England again next year. Therefore, automatically LCW, Golden Boy, won't be upstaged by LD and will return next year :)

14. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    IMHO, MF resignation was a blow to Bam. Having him working together with Datuk Misbun seems to be a very potent ingredient for Bam future. However past is past. The previous concluded AE shows that there are still a big void in the Msia MS camp. Despite there are few talents noted under DM guidance during the Asian team, their journey to become a more consistent player that can be a threat in the senior circuit is still somethibg we cant clearly see at this present moment.

No doubt DM has the touch to create good players like DLCW but wether the players has the mentality to commit themselves is another issue. Why DLCW has become what he has achieved now is something not given since birth but gained purely from his strong mentality and dedication at the highest level, day in and day out, going through all the DM trainjng reqime. Such unmatched attitude quality is now seems to be a rare commodity in the Bam camp but hope while DM is still there, things can change.

Bam moves to hire LYB and if such approach can bring fortune to Bam future success is something we cant predict unless after the results has come. IMHO, i dont give a damn care who Bam choose to be the next chief coach.....LYB or not.... or Thanos, l'm more interested to know how does Bam is going to utilizes him and together with the other group of coaches to come into what are the long term plan to ensure their current fleet of players can bring success.

Badminton is the second biggest sport here in Msia (other than football which Msia is also not doing very well) and the day when DLCW will retire is just around the corner and the juniors must quickly buckled themselves but......i have full confidence that DM will prepare them .....our MD dept meanwhile is still in a quest to find solid pairs other than TWK/GVS but.....i also have the confidence that Cheah SK can solve this esp in preparation for Thomas Cup......my problem is that...... i still have no confidence on how those guys on the top management handles Bam.

15. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

Absolutely 100% agreed with you.
    MD nowadays need fast and quick player.. hard hitter is a plus.

16. Akim1

Akim1 Regular Member

Coach
    I dont Think Misbun has it anymore. He is simple to oldschool in hvis training methods. Players saying its linke going 15 years back in time. The same Gores for Soon KIt WHO has never ever producer a resultat as a coach. Malaysia going fast downwards, and you Can Think your man on top.

17. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

should have call back Yap Kim Hock, Li Mao, Tan Kim Her or bring the new one such as Lee Wan Wah, Wong Choong Hann, Fairuzizuan, etc...

18. Gigabit

Gigabit Regular Member

Banker
    Yap Kim hock did a better job at least he did produced world junior MD champions but fell out due to meddling of officials

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk

19. Gigabit

Gigabit Regular Member

Banker
    Might as well get crown prince of Johor to head bam for 1 year & see how it goes

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

This isn't really a problem about the 'Golden Boy'. Even before 2002, there was the merry go round with chief coaches.