YONEX ASTROX 88S & 88D (2018)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by T.O.P, Jan 16, 2018.

1. hieu nguyen

hieu nguyen Regular Member

I would be honestly with you. Strenght aint gonna win you games bro. It's your technique. Train properly, so worrying about hitting hard. Work on your technique. You'll win games without throwing away your strength. Learn to be an all around player than just aiming at strength. The game is improving everyday and you need to improve yourself rather than buying new rackets with the intention to play better. Work on you footwork; those are a must to be a better smasher and defense. Thanks.

lurker, Okaharu, gizmo229 and 2 others like this.
  2. Praj

Praj Regular Member

So maybe a 4U 88D would work for you?

3. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

no, i am using ax88d as a toy and for singles.
    my main racket for doubles remain 3u fortius tour.
    my friends who tried ft also confirm it better than yonex rackets

4. Stever7425

Stever7425 Regular Member

I might have missed the comparison here but can someone confirm if the ax88s is stiffer than the n9ii,, finding the li-ning a little too flexible

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5. Deepclean1122

Deepclean1122 Regular Member

N9II spec shows mid stiff on website but it’s not true and definitely feels flexible when I using mine.

6. Stever7425

Good for overheads and under pressure backhand, but not so much flat down the trams.. imo.. maybe I'm just used to stiff yonex rackets and will take time to adjust,, have you tried 88s is it stiff,?

Deepclean1122 likes this.
  7. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Stiffer for sure. Had the N9ii; was a bit too flex and the fast head made things worse (for my preferred type of spec/behavior)

8. Stever7425

Thanks.. would you say it was a big improvement moving to the 88s from the n9ii.. I have the arc11 aswell which might be very similar to the astrox..

9. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Nice poster and all, but c'mon sunriseclick, photoshop the frames better? Afterall it's supposed to be the 88's that's the main stars.... right?

To me they look like TK8000 and N9ii green man.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. hm_andhika

hm_andhika Regular Member

Consultant and Technology Enthusiast
    Another 2 matches with AX88S. Still nothing to worry about the racket. Friend of mine told me that the racket feels entirely heavy, the same feedback from me. Not a head heavy.

11. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    But 42g head weight. The numbers disagree

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

12. Deepclean1122

I agree sometime I can feel the head vibrate after a strong hit. It feels weird and I don’t like that feeling. But is a good racket for back court smash with fast frame. Initially I love the racket but the more I play the more I discover the dark side from it. Just place a order for 88s 4U will arrive Saturday I try to give review after the session

13. Stever7425

Interesting you went for a 4u.. I look forward to your review as id have never thought of anything other than my 3u rackets..

14. Deepclean1122

I did some dry swing at the badminton shop base on feeling just abit lagging compare with 3U and I like fast exchange games so keep the rally going so I choose 4U instead beside I own few 3U racket already so I give a shoot for 4U instead. Hopefully I made the right choice here but base on TOP reviews on his 3U 88S is very good but He is moving from ZStrike to Astrox but I never like Zstrke (play for a month) figure 4U will suit me better.

15. Kwanity

Kwanity New Member

16. jacc

jacc New Member

Slow day... Anyone has got an LD force 4u to compare it to the 88d 4u or 88s 4u?

Also, any kind soul with 88d or 88s 4u will let me swing his racket at the court (in KL) to help me decide please? Teh tarik on me :D

#536 jacc, Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  17. kakashihatake

kakashihatake Regular Member

My initial review for my 88s 3u 24lb. It is not so friendly and easy to use. Unlike n9ii 3u, and js10 4u, both have very very obvious difference towards my style of play.

When I purchased 88s i was looking a racket that can cover the flaw of both- n9ii is sluggish in defence, while js10 sometimes do not hv enough replying power when being pressed by my opponent.

88s didn't seem to serve that purpose at all. In fact, the smash have a lot lesser power, the reply is not quick.

If there's any good thing to say about it, maybe it's the placement that is quite above the std. But maybe it's also my first time swinging a racket like this. Might need a few more games to get used to it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

18. ManusiaBinOranh

ManusiaBinOranh Regular Member

Marketing
    I have both 88 3u and 4u. IMO I need to have a very strong arm to use the 3u. While its easy to do clears and drops, my smash was weak. A friend of mine who has a very strong arm did not have any problem with it. In the end I had to switch to 4u. I thought it 3u might be like 77 3u but I was so wrong. Maybe I need to be stronger especially in the wrist in order to play the 3u. However, both rackets are very easy to get used to. I would love to try the 88S. Had a swing with both the 3U and 4U without any string and they feel very good. Maybe I can use the "S" when my role is front player and change to the "D" when my role is at the back? haha..

19. terrylim

terrylim New Member

Anyone can tell me should I buy 3u or 4u for 88s? Also, I have a question about what is the differences between 88s and Arcsaber 11?
    Much appreciated !!

20. Leonline

Leonline New Member

Yonex Holland put this chart on Facebook a day ago, comparing Arc11 to both 88

Attached Files: