Li-Ning N9II 3U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Morgan.koens, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Erick Osmanto

Erick Osmanto New Member

Hi everyone, i recently bought lining n9ii the black & pink with Lining no 1 string. i fell in love with the color.
    I remove the original grip, and use cushion wrap with towel grip but i feel that it is a bit small, i haven't tested how it play yet.

the total weight with all the above setup is 96 gram, is it normal? and can you share the grip setup that you guys use.
    Thanks

2. risii

risii Regular Member

i removed basic grip and use 1 overgrip. cant tell u the weight right now

3. Luciole

Luciole Regular Member

Hello, anyone can do a comparartif between n9II and N90 IV ?

4. ThePi

ThePi New Member

Can you tell me, how the grip size is compared to Yonex? Actually i have a Arcsaber 11 in 3u5g and i don't now if the Li-Nings are too thick.

5. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Their S2 is practically the same as YY G5.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

6. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

Congrats on your new n9ii! I put two overgrips over the original grip. Using one overgrip over the original grip is just still too thin for me to have a comfortable feel, so I prefer having two overgrips wrapped over the original one.

7. Erick Osmanto

Erick Osmanto New Member

Wow you must have a big hand, i removed the original grip. Put electrical tape and add approx 3 layer of cushion wrap. then use overgrip.

8. Stever7425

Stever7425 Regular Member

Has anybody compared the li-ning n9ii and the n99,? Playing more doubles and more the baseline player with smash over net play.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

9. Konquerian

Lol, unfortunately, my hands are just average size. The n9ii is actually very good at the net, but not without a decent size comfortable grip for my fingers to play. Having a bigger grip is just more comfortable for my personal taste, and also gives me better grip when I do jump smashes from the back.

10. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Funny how that works. I have rather big hands but play on wood with a shaved handle since that seems most comfortable lol.

#790 swsh, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  11. Beantunk

Beantunk New Member

Finally, i bought n9ii after read many reviews on this discussion.
    I bought the tontowi colorway with no.1 string 27/26lbs.
    I used to play with n90iii , liked it very much, before i broke it and I use the JS12 till today, and i dont really like it because i still cant generate power on smashing although the drops and lobs are very nice.

So, what kinda feeling will i get after using n90iii and Js12?
    I mostly play doubles
    Thankyou.

12. Konquerian

I have the n90iii, and I didn't like it a whole lot. After using it for a total of about 10+ hours, I went back to my beloved n9ii. I find the n90iii slower than the n9ii, and the speed difference is very noticeable, at least by me. The n90iii felt head heavier than n9ii. The faster swing and lighter feel of the n9ii helps me to produce better smashes.

In terms of speed, the js12 is definitely faster than n9ii, but not by a whole lot in my opinion. The js12 is a lot stiffer than n9ii though. I do like the stiffness of the jetspeeds, but the head weight is just too light for my taste. I changed from a js10 to the n9ii, and I didn't miss a whole lot from the switch. Sure, the jetspeed does sharper net shot, but the n9ii is no slouch either at the net.

Like I concluded before in my mini review of the n9ii, it is a close-to-perfect of a marriage of speed, power, and control in one racquet. It is a 3u racquet that swings like a 4u, but retains the smashing power of a 3u head heavy racquet, and has control at the net like a head light racquet. Everyone have different feelings, but I'm sure many will feel the same way once they have tame this beast of a racquet from the dark side.

How you feel about a racquet is very subjective, you should try it on the court and see how you like it. Nobody can really tell you what feelings you will have or how you will feel about it, and only yourself can really feel it for you. Let your arm and hand be your judge, they will let you know how you will feel .

13. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Strange question. Why don't you tell us what you feel about those three rackets after you've actually tried your N9II? I mean, you have already bought it, haven't you?

Everybody has different preferences so how should anyone predict what you will feel?

badmintony and swsh like this.
  14. Beantunk

Beantunk New Member

Im sorry i didnt write that the racket is still on the delivery

15. risii

risii Regular Member

a little late, but.. what do u mean by "shaved handle" ?

16. Parth Nayak

Parth Nayak Regular Member

He turned his G5 to G6 by manually shaving the wood.

swsh likes this.
  17. risii

risii Regular Member

does this make grip/wood weaker or easier to break?

18. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Doesn't in flagships with wood of decent quality though I've done it tons on normal budget rackets as well.

19. cloudsat

cloudsat Regular Member

Hey guys,
    So I'm trying to decide between the n9ii and n7ii. I'm mainly a front court doubles player that goes for a lot of interceptions and generally tries to whip the shuttle toward open space rather than play lots of tight blocks. My current racket for doubles is the victor meteor x60 3u (medium flex somewhat head heavy), which definitely suites me very well, but I think I could get some value out of a faster racket. I understand that the n9ii has very similar spec to the meteor60, so I'm definitely interested in getting it. I'm just wondering if the n7ii is that much better at frontcourt play compared to the n9ii, and which one would fit me better. I definitely do appreciate a more flexible racket for doubles.

20. baronspill

baronspill Regular Member

As an owner of both the n9ii and n7ii, I confirm the latter is the quicker racquet. I struggle a bit playing in high speed doubles games with the n9ii. However, I did pull out my n9ii this morning for singles, took a while to tame it, I hit several clears out by a distance in my first two games but other than that it played very well, it was easy to generate power with when I needed it, particularly on rear court escape shots.

The n7ii is excellent for doubles, if used from the rear court it's good for precise and well placed smashes but don't expect to punch holes in your opponents unlike with the n9ii.

kakashihatake and cloudsat like this.