K. Srikanth क्. स्रिकनथ्

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by scorpion1, Dec 1, 2012.

1. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    apparently after Winning Malaysian SS, LinDan's contigent was chanting "Anand aa rha hai(we are very happy)"

2. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Enjoying the moment ?(I mean the absence of Anand?).

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

3. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    no LD is possible without executing astute gameplan strategies Provided by Anand S. He is The Lord of All Pros, the Zeno we all deserve

Baddyforall likes this.
  4. Airos

Airos Regular Member

Disappointed with Srikanth at SSF.
    He looked out of touch.

After winning 4 SS this year; in fact, 2 consequitive SS twice - I was expecting more.

5. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Naive of you, if you thought that MS is that easy. You just can't have an over-busy schedule, have an injury, a quick rehabilitation and bang March of to win the supposedly toughest tourney of the year.
    He clearly wasn't "completely" recovered and lacked match practice. Had it been a normal SS, he could've adapted himself in the first couple of rounds and hopefully wasn't as Rusty in QF as he was. Alas, in this case, he had the world champion as "R1" and the suddenly in form CHN youngster as "R2"
    Yes, was dissapointed that he couldn't overcome CTC, esp in g2. But in the end it was expected.

6. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    I am pretty sure, he was being sarcastic to name "THW" who surprisingly has this weirdly one sided H2H against KS, which one wouldn't expect considering their portfolios.
    And yes, that's Indian Media for you, scandalizing even the "saintest" statements.
    TBH I don't blame them, nobody here reads sports news if doesn't have Virat Kohli or Rohit Sharma or MSD's life size poster on its left. It's like, you don't have a controversial headline you don't have readers.
    I agree that's no excuse, cause this not only bring negative publicity but also trigger people who are oblivious of it

7. Master

Master Regular Member

Badminton Unlimited Episode 208 (Dec 26, 2017)
    Comeback of the Year - Kidambi Srikanth
    We all love a great comeback story and Kidambi Srikanth provided us with an inspiring tale in 2017. The 24-year-old shuttler from Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, had a stunning year, claiming 4 World Superseries titles and reached world number 2 in the rankings…this, after a year to forget in 2016.

8. Baddyforall

Even I wonder, considering the talent Tian houwei is having, why he could not achieve anything so far. Is he feeling difficulty in adapting to the current situation?

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

9. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Srikanth Kidambi

stanleyfm, nilesh123 and samkool like this.
  10. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Interesting article on minor percentage improvements Srikanth Kidambi is working on.
    Link: http://www.livemint.com/Sports/Z6by...nth-A-matter-of-practice-and-percentages.html

Excerpt:

A 100% is about faith. It’s effort not flagging even when improvement won’t come. It’s commitment to cause without guarantee. Sometimes weeks go by, months, a year, nothing happens. And then “5-10%” happens.

Five to 10 per cent” by which athletes become a better model of themselves. “Five to 10 per cent” by which Kidambi Srikanth, bearded master of badminton string theory, winner of four Super Series titles, leaps in 2017 and thus bridges the distance that separates good from very good and closes the gap between beating the top guys once in a while to besting them consistently.

If you know you’re fit enough to play longer matches, then automatically your whole strategy changes. If I know I can’t last for three games, then I might have a different set of plans. I might go a little aggressive, maybe a little more desperate for a point and then I might end up doing a mistake. But if I know I am fit enough to play more than three sets...then I am not desperate to win the point, because I know even if I lose the first set, I am still fit enough to win the second and third.” There’s no panic. No rush to error. “I feel in myself that I can actually pull out matches.”

It’s February, and every week he must fly or fall, he must prove or perish. It’s just the way sport is. This year particularly will test him but his voice is of a man balanced and resolute. He knows that “one of the toughest parts is raising a level and (then) maintaining a level”. He knows people will come not just to see him but for a performance. He knows medals at the Asian Games and Commonwealth Games are within his talented reach, yet he knows “thinking too much about this might actually put me under some kind of pressure”.

Sundis, Baddyforall and nilesh123 like this.
  11. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Bearded master of Badminton lmao. Lovely.

badmuse likes this.
  12. SGroneschild

SGroneschild New Member

Wanted to try to draw a portrait of Srikanth Kidambi. Being great in his attacking skills, the idea was to give him a bit of an intimidating aura. Turned out to be slightly demonic though... -.-
    Still, having a lot of fun drawing top badminton players, who I admire so much :)

13. Baddyforall

Why Srikanth is not playing German Open?

14. John I'm

John I'm Regular Member

Well my calculations says Kidambi srikanth is going to be the world number 1, in the month of April for only 1 week.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

15. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    Even if he does that won't do much to boost his confidence after a string of poor results. Better he wins something significant and reach atop. That would be more meaningful to him.

16. John I'm

John I'm Regular Member

Yaa, that world no. 1 will only increase his career high to no. 1 but to prove his metal he need to be consistently winning titles.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

17. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Srikanth Kidambi has to build mental toughness and look at winning matches in 2 games. Srikanth has to get his act together by 2020 when he turns 27. Age becomes a factor to win consistently at 27 and younger players will come into the picture. Srikanth must learn to seize the initiative and create his own opportunities.

18. Baddyforall

19. Baddyforall

India’s ace shuttler, @srikidambi gets felicitated at #BankofBaroda. (Names from Left to right) Mr. Ashok Kumar Garg (ED), Mr. P. S. Jayakumar (MD & CEO), Mr. Mayank K. Mehta (ED) and Mr. O.K. Kaul (GM - Marketing, Corp. Comm. & WMS) were present to honour the occasion.

[​IMG]

Loh likes this.
  20. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

"Paise lekar tu mat udd jaiyo bade bhai. "

- Bank of Baroda be like.

swsh likes this.