Stringer broke my Arc11..thinking of going Li Ning. Ideas?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by trinity, Feb 17, 2018.

1. trinity

trinity Regular Member

Engineer
    Hi guys,

It's been a long time since I've been on these forums - been off and on with badminton but recently got back into it. My primary racket is the Arc11 (x 2) and the stringer just broke one (strung it at 26lbs and died)

Anyways, this gives me an excuse to look for something new. I've always played with Yonex, but I don't feel like dumping $200+ on a racket anymore and feel like trying another brand. So I was looking at the Li Ning and the prices are decent, but I have no idea what is what. I am a power player in doubles so smash smash, but also like control as well. I string my rackets with bg80s and string at 26lbs.

Any help with choosing a racket is appreciated. (I would try rackets if I could but the city I am in does not have a big badminton community so no chance to do that).

Thanks!

2. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

I'm pretty sure someone will suggest the Li Ning N9 II, but it's not me since I've never played with it. ;)
    Maybe someone will suggest the N7 II, but again... Not me.

3. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Isn't Li Ning more expensive than yonex in general..

4. Deepclean1122

Deepclean1122 Regular Member

if u are a strong smasher at the rear court definitely get ur hand on N9II. But I would recommend get a loaner be4 buying since brand new isn’t cheap. Everyone play differently and don’t buy till u try it that would be best to save ur money.

5. trinity

trinity Regular Member

Engineer
    I'm not sure since I don't follow the Li Ning brand. From what I gathered when viewing https://shopbadmintononline.com, the prices seem reasonable, as in not over $200 for a high end racket when compared to Yonex's high end. But then again, I am not familiar with what is what with Li Ning.

Thanks for the suggestions! According to Li Ning's specs, the N9 II has a stiffness of medium. Is that the same level for a yonex? I am afraid that the racket is flexible for me since I've always played with "stiff" or "very stiff" on the yonex scale.

6. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

If u like yr rackets to be on the stiff side, u dont hv mny choices in Lining. Lining's stiffness scale is 1/2 a step below Yonex.
    Just a wild intuitive guess abt why is that so. Best carbon rods r made by Japanese, so who will hv better access to materials?

7. Deepclean1122

That is why u better try it be4 decide buying it. Yonex or Li Ning just a brand and they use same material to make racket. Either HH LH and stiffness u need to choice.

8. llrr

llrr Regular Member

My general impression is that LN is either the same or more expensive than yonex. If you're looking for something new why not stick with yonex? Two racquets I can think of could/should suit you well. AX88D or DZS. This is assuming the 88D feels the way it says on the chart (which can be completely wrong!)

9. trinity

trinity Regular Member

Engineer
    Yea..totally understand this and it would be the best case scenario for me, but I just can't because the city I live just doesn't have the variety of rackets compared to other cities (maritime Canada).

Oh I've been eyeing the AX88D and I would definitely get it, but the racket shops in Canada are selling the racket for about $260-270, not including strings and taxes so I would be paying well over $300. Looking at LN, for example N9ii, it would be just over $200. I feel like I can get a good racket for doubles for less.

Ah decisions decisions :eek:

10. khoimun

khoimun Regular Member

in your case it is definitely N9II in terms of price performance ratio. N9ii is cheaper on your side but the quality and feel should be better than AX88D

11. Deepclean1122

There is no review or any input for this new AX88D yet u shouldn’t finalize u going to buy it once is released. Expensive racket doesn’t mean will fit ur play style also is way too new I would rather wait abit longer and let other players test it out be4 decide. Remember is an expensive investment here and is hard to look back if it doesn’t fit u.

llrr likes this.
  12. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Could always sell it and move on to something else not like you'll be stuck forever with it. New flagship or close to Yonex have pretty darn good resale at 9/10 or higher condition. There will be decent demand for the new astrox series given most middle aged people with big pockets tend to play doubles.

13. edogaktop

edogaktop Regular Member

N7ii, for a less mainstream option than N9ii

swsh likes this.
  14. bestindigital

bestindigital Regular Member

Data Engineer
    I just bought a pair of Li-ning n99 from Yumo Pro Shop in British Columbia. It's on the truck for delivery actually. I have been playing with Li-ning n55-ii for months and love it. n55-iii is supposedly too heady heavy, but the n55-ii is great for all-round play. It is not head-heavy, so you may find smash power a bit lacking. I haven't tried the n9ii, but I am a Li-ning fan.

15. May Manalo

May Manalo New Member

I bought a Li-Ning N90 iii and i find it good for Doubles! You might want to consider as it's the same feel as arc11. I just find it more powerful! the control is also superb!