E-Plus Badminton ASIA Team Championships 2018 (9-11 February) : Quarterfinal-FINAL

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Amlite

Amlite Regular Member

Congratz INA squad! Hats off! You make INA proud ;)

2. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Don't see Lee Chong Wei at victory ceremony.

3. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    anyone got a video of Lee DK vs Kholik from last night?

it seems to be the comeback of the century?

4. Amlite

Amlite Regular Member

China Men and Women team have also done well. Beyond expectation. Thumbs up!

stanleyfm likes this.
  5. novhiandy

novhiandy New Member

Yeah! We retain it. CHN back-ups put up a good fight, though (I used to heard it another way)

Tweaking the line-ups is so important in warm-up team event like this because really, you'll never know. I remember back in 2014 TC SF I laughed so hard when MAS field TBH with the one and only Hoon Thien How for MD1. But what happened next was unexpected to say the least.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

stanleyfm likes this.
  6. RoarRa

RoarRa Regular Member

There was no live vid from the matches on the court 2 in SF yesterday. Shame.

7. Master

Master Regular Member

7 MD combinations was tested by INA during this event, INA MD coach should has so many inputs from these trials.

Finally Hendra/Rian delivered 1 point for INA after their lost against Choi/Kim yesterday.

Great job for all INA players and what a winning prize for Susy Susanti's birthday which coincides with this final tonight. :cool:

8. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Korean squad doesn't show up in victory ceremony.

9. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Susi is happy.

10. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    i only found this

11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

What a great feeling. Winning it feels as good as ThomasCup afterall, what is played when you win its NationalAnthem. only for that, its worth playing.

Master likes this.
  12. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

They are just not happy how the things went yesterday with the controversy regarding that last point ! I am just wondering. Only korean members can answers this. Just a speculation.

13. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    i think it is high time that BWF installs a camera at the net so that player can challenge fault call at the net..

CLELY, It'sMeMeMe, stanleyfm and 2 others like this.
  14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Congratulations to Team INA for retaining the Badminton Asia Team Championships title this year, even though they only beat a 2nd string CHN side. Yet, the other sides are pretty much at their full-strength (including JPN, the host MAS, KOR, IND, TPE, and THA).

Jonathan Christie is my player of the tournament, having won all 6 matches from the group stages to the Final, beating the higher ranked K. Srikanth, Son Wan Ho, and Shi Yuqi (overturning a 13-18 deficit in the rubber-set). He has shown his maturity in team matches and should be MS1 in the Thomas Cup if his ranking points can overtake Anthony Ginting's in the next few months.

Anthony Ginting Sinisuka (winning 3 out of 5 matches) is not fully fit and the defeat today was not surprising at all. He is better placed as INA's MS2 for the Thomas Cup Finals. MS3 is a toss between Ihsan Maulana Mustofa (winning 3 out of 4 matches) and Firman Abdul Kholik (the hero in yesterday's SF match with his dramatic victory over Lee Dong Keun). I don't think Tommy Sugiarto will be brought into the team.

MD1 should pretty much be the World No 1 Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo/Marcus Fernaldi Gideon (who was only fielded once this week, against the weakest opponent). Unless of course Marcus is injured and we will then see scratch pairings in MD1 and MD2 like in the final 4 ties this week against IND, JPN, KOR, and CHN.

Despite having regressed badly in individual tourneys, Angga Pratama also shows that he can be relied upon in team matches, winning all 5 matches with 3 different players! I think Angga, Hendra Setiawan, and Mohd Ahsan will definitely be picked for the Thomas Cup Finals. Ahsan also contributed significantly this week (winning 4 out of 5 matches) in beating Takeshi Kamura/Keigo Sonoda in straight-sets with Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo; and the two crucial victories in the SF (against KOR) and Final today (against CHN) with Angga Pratama. The only slip-up was the defeat against the IND young pairing of Satwiksairaj Rankireddy/Chirag Shetty in the group stage. Hendra Setiawan (winning 3 out of 4 matches) will be in the team to provide the leadership and calmness needed in crucial moments.

I am only undecided on whether to bring Rian Agung Saputro or Mohd Rian Ardianto/Fajar Alfian for the Thomas Cup Finals. I have a feeling Coach Herry IP will stick with Rian Agung Saputro (also winning 3 out of 4 matches).

It will be interesting to see how Team INA fares against a full-strength CHN and DEN (the defending champion) in the Thomas Cup Finals.

stanleyfm, Biglever, Zaki689 and 3 others like this.
  15. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Still lot of loopholes in badminton . We all pray that there 'll be legal solution for all the discrepancies in badminton in near future.
    But still BWF is making it difficult by bringing some of crazy rules like serve rule(From All England this year -fixed height).
    BWF is there to solve problems but not to start it. Ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

16. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    It won't be long when smartphones can call service fault. :D

17. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

That's pretty sad.

swsh likes this.
  18. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Wheres the Korea team btw?? just realised.

What about the girls ceremony? did they skip it?

Cant believe they are sore loser? and you expect people to stand when you won sudirmanCup??

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  19. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

C'mon Korea. get over that point already. Mistakes are the part of this game.

stanleyfm likes this.
  20. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    exactly, which is why when countries finally break into the top ranks it's always the women whom crack through first: thailand, india, japan, etc.

visor likes this.