Coollang Xiao Yu 2.0 Badminton Racket Tracker

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by YinLoung, Jul 19, 2015.

1. khoai

khoai Regular Member

2. Alionax

Alionax New Member

Hello badminton Friends,

Just some updates Alionax sensors

1. We are now in contact since early 2015 with all the badminton sensor trackers manufacturers around the world.

2. We meet all of them personally face to face (not through Skype!).All of them are very kind and young but…

3. In spite of our advises they run too fast to catch the market without taking into account;

* the numerous bugs and specificity of each country, smartphone type, and………need of he customers . Therefore (when no bug) sensors outside of the racket are too heavy and when inside of the racket it is given to racket brands Kawasaki, Sotx, Victor but then you have to buy a new racket…

* the distribution is given to companies that are not aware of badminton players requirements and do not care about end users. Just have a look on Amazon the company CECTDIGI is not specialized in racket sport it is obvious. Same for Coolang Asia which is just a web page to grab some customers and has nothing linked with Coolang. Just have a look on the their first page : nice badminton racket and shuttlecock.. (sorry Zing Bean I am just honest..)
    d) So what else? We have just meet them again recently (the manufacturers) and we hope to convince them to supply us a real good APP compatible with most versions of smartphones AND a hardware that will fit to all grips and will be interchangeable from racket to racket. Just follow us on Alionax .

3. Sudarshan Thitte

Sudarshan Thitte New Member

0. @Alionax - If the so called *bugs* are software related, why not come up with a open-sourced software project that can work with the data from such sensors ? The adoption of such OS software will then consolidate the hardware market. (cases in point - Linux, Android, Hadoop etc.)

1. I just ordered a Xiaoyu 2.0 - not sure if any of you is already using it actively ? Would love to hear your thoughts.
    2. I wonder if there's a way to get the raw data out of these sensors. It is limiting to have to use their software to visualize this information.
    3. And, while I ordered purely to experience it, I wonder if there is a process to register it and receive warranty and support. I didn't come across information regarding this and was wondering if any of you knew ?

4. Sudarshan Thitte

@khoai - That same listing is now ~ 45 (including taxes, and free shipping)

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
  6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    btw, I tried the sensor. it didn't work for me. the app finds the sensor but do not much else and hangs there after detection. The app also double duty as some badminton news but it is pretty poorly written and keep draining my phone battery. eventually I gave up on it.

even the best hardware need good software to support it.

7. khoai

khoai Regular Member

Price went up on Aug 9:
    http://camelcamelcamel.com/Cectdigi®-Coollang-Badminton-Intelligent-analyzer/product/B01D15L7K2

I gave up as well. It was fun at first trying to beat my own personal fastest swing record (~230 km/h). But then the sleeve interfered with playing and using double-sided tape was not ideal for racket switching. It once flew out of the racket bottom.

The app drained battery as Kwun said but I worked around by disabling it and only enabled for sync'ing.

8. Sudarshan Thitte

I wonder how others find Usense in comparison. I rarely find negative public reviews about either of them outside of private forums.

9. Suphu

Suphu New Member

hi
    I Can't do upgrade the coollang badminton sensors.. It vives à message DFU process failed... I will with lg g5 under Android 7.0
    Can anyone help me
    thank

10. Arbiter

Arbiter New Member

Hi, may I know what kind of data did you get out of the sensor? Have you tried the sensor again after the software updated (if it has been updated)?

11. pepe54

pepe54 Regular Member

I'm actually quite curious about what the owners of USENSE / Coollang think of their products.

Thinking about getting a USENSE myself but am unsure if the USENSE app works on android 2X (says 4.3+ up, I'll have to reverse engineer the software to get it working, but that would be well let's not go there lol).

12. LewLewZ

LewLewZ New Member

Quite a few chinese online media advertise for the collang tracker. I have just bought the collang 3.0, not yet played a game with it but did a few test swings where the tracker and app could pick up the motion OK, will test out over the weekend and hopefully remember to post some updates here

pepe54 likes this.
  13. SwatKat

SwatKat New Member

Hey, can you please tell me where you picked up the Coollang 3.0 and how much it cost? I am only able to find the 2.0 on Amazon (in the US). Would be really helpful if you could also post a few lines about your experience with it.

14. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people
    I don't think the 3.0 is out yet. It would be a real winner if it can really combine the analysis of swings and player movement. But I doubt that movement tracking is going to be easy for indoor sports as GPS tracking may not work.

15. samhuda

samhuda Regular Member

has anyone tried coollang version 3.0? is there any improvement compare version 2.0?