Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I think CBA is sending only those in the BAC lineup to warm up or have some tournament practice run in the IND Open, hence no ZYM, CYY, WZY. Still I'm surprised why only her and not, say, Chen Xiaoxin as well.

2. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

4. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Damn...My favourite and @Abu Tanki's fav has retired. Chai ....Sir ''Chai'' Baio has retired. He played English type of Badminton played only by few.

5. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Only few with extremely high intellect appreciated the genius of Chai Baio. Your charisma will be missed, Sir!

Untitled.png

6. Master

Master Regular Member

The finalized team rosters for Asia Team Championships 2018 have been revealed :

Men's Team
    • Shi Yuqi
    • Qiao Bin
    • Zhao Junpeng
    • Lu Guangzu
    • He Jiting
    • Tan Qiang
    • Han Chengkai
    • Zhou Haodong
    • Chai Biao
    • Wang Zekang

Women's Team
    • Chen Yufei
    • He Bingjiao
    • Chen Xiaoxin
    • Gao Fangjie
    • Yu Zheng
    • Du Yue
    • Li Yinhui
    • Cao Tong Wei
    • Dong Wenjing
    • Feng Xueying

Note:
    • Lu Guangzu replace Tian Houwei

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Happy to know that.

I think CBA is beginning to feel the urgent need to groom the younger cohort for heavier responsibilities as the seniors and veterans aren't that reliable for reasons that are well-known.

In that case, I feel Ren Pengbo and Zhou Zeqi should also be considered, at least send them to more tournaments, not forgetting the 19-yr-old Sun Feixiang.

8. Ukfbk

Ukfbk Regular Member

Can someone who kind to help me tk translate this article . I really appreciate your kindness :)

#世说新羽# 张军:围绕兼项双打组进行了一次调整

2017年底,双打组合围绕兼项这命题做了一次调整。现在,世界上兼项的优秀球员屈指可数,很少是两项都很有竞争力的。我们并不缺人,也没有必要去效仿别人。

对于这个调整,我的思路是:先让每个组有一定的人数,再从对抗中寻找几对最强的组合。比如说,原来男双组有一半人是兼混双的,我们可以这样调整:新选调队员进组,然后合理安排一部分队员专门打混双。现在,我们双打组一共有17男16女,划分为男双12人、女双12人、混双9人,这样我们的组合选择更多,整体实力和竞争力也更强。像现在男双6对组合,陈其遒负责3对,何汉斌负责剩下3对相对年轻点的,互相督促和竞争。混双组有5男4女,在平时训练中就可以有针对性地多练混双的线路和配合。但他们当中很多人是不需要放弃男双或女双的,像何济霆,因为他们还年轻,还没到具体分项的时候。

我说的分项是指队内排名第一第二、要冲击奥运会的人,像张楠和郑思维。他们应该尽可能不兼项,但也不是绝对的。例如张楠和李茵晖会去打全英,他们的排名在前面,是可打可不打的,但张楠认为他的体能没有问题,兼项还能保持状态,那我认为这样打一两站是完全可以接受的。

对于张楠和郑思维,我非常了解他们的想法,他们的兼项意愿非常强。张楠希望通过混双来保持状态;郑思维也不想放弃男双,他很希望帮助中国队重夺汤杯。所以,有时候相关的思想工作也会很难,但我的底线是奥运会一定不能兼项,他们也是接受这一点的。网上的评论对此也给我不小的压力,但我不能单凭球员或球迷的意愿去安排。我不是为个人、而是为整个队伍负责的,我需要从中国队整体利益出发,去思考怎么合理地把各项夺冠几率提升到最高。

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Nothing new, we've talked about it before. Basically Zhang Jun is putting a stop to their doubles players doing double duty, esp for those ranked top 1 and 2 in CBA; definitely no playing in two disciplines for those aiming for Olympics but occasionally they are allowed to do so at the smaller tournaments. He specifically mentioned Zhang Nan and Zheng Siwei as examples though he thinks they have the ability to cope.

Anyway, both of them have come to accept the rationale and benefits behind Zhang Jun's decision as they are not playing for themselves but responsible to the team as a whole and have to look at the big picture of increasing their winning chances, particularly in the major championships.

samkool likes this.
  10. r3v0lv3r

r3v0lv3r Regular Member

The men's team in particular looked quite weak when you put it like that.
    It has been sometime since I've seen a chinese team with this few firepower.

11. mobin2012

mobin2012 Regular Member

Chemical Engineer
    hey guys,

where can I find "Xiao Jie" bio.... there isn't any information about her in the Wikipedia or throughout the internet...at least I could n`t din that...

Could you please help me?

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Who is " Xiao Jie" ? If you're referring to Gao Fangjie, there are some info available about her on the net and even here, a thread dedicated to her, thanks to pcll99.

mobin2012 likes this.
  13. mobin2012

mobin2012 Regular Member

Chemical Engineer
    this lady....I hope I spelled her name correctly

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/XOVvRGpN9-M/hqdefault.jpg

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Sorry, I don't recognise her. Unless you know her full name, not pet name, it's difficult to search for information on her. Let's wait and see if anybody knows who she is.

15. mobin2012

mobin2012 Regular Member

Chemical Engineer

the lady in these movies

16. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

The AsiaTeam C is as good as China best team . This is not second team not at all.

This is the team that will represent China in future. ask yourself how many Superseries has Lin&Chen won the last 2 years? or the Md titles that LiLiu or ChengNan won?

Despite beating BoeMo i am disappointed with ZhouHaodong attitude though in SF. He looks tired and disinterested in second game, look a little bit like qiuzihan type.

Shi can lead the line for team China imo.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

As you said, they represent the future, for now, without the aforementioned experienced CHN aces, including WD Chen Qingchen/Jia Yifan, they are at best CHN's B Team.

18. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Just that the future is now.

This is china, powerhouse of badminton. Players dont need second invitation to take over Chen or Lin.

This is China A team (minus ChenJia)

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Just compare the lineups with and without the payers/pairs mentioned and you'd get the answer.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

This piece of good news is very interesting, esp for the HKSAR players, http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2018-02-08/doc-ifyrkrva5327806.shtml. My humble translation follows:

According to HK newsmedia, the HKSAR Sports Institute announced on February 7th that they will be working together with the national (i.e.CHN) Sports Centre in preparation for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics. The sports organization stated that the two parties have signed a memorandum of understanding on the cooperation between the National team and the Hong Kong team for joint training and will share without holding back their training methodology.

The said organization indicated that initially the joint training will cover the sports of cycling, badminton, table tennis, fencing and swimming, and both the national and the HK teams will be viewed as one team in training; the coaches from both sides will also come together to form a combined coaching team, the HK team will travel to the mainland for systematic training as much as possible and will also invite the national team to HK for the same purpose.

The Sports Institute Elites Training Science and Technology director, Su Zhixiong, pointed out that this collaboration with the mainland in preparation for the Olympics will offer many opportunities for the HK athletes to train with the higher level national team athletes and raise their own performance. Likewise, the scientific techniques of the HK athletes would benefit the mainland athletes.

Don't tell me this is a prelude to the HK athletes such as Ng Kah Long, Wei Nan and others getting to train together with Lin Dan and Chen Long ?