Golden Gate Badminton Club, Menlo Park, CA

Discussion in 'Golden Gate Badminton Club ( GGBC ) (CLOSED)' started by mayst982, Mar 25, 2005.

1. harrycoomer

harrycoomer Regular Member

as long as you and your partner...

dont need to meet at the head of the loo, you should be fine. One can go and hold court while and sms the other :). GG is really not designed for drop-ins by individuals. I think Bintang and UBC are better suited for that. Since I'm watching the Singapore and Malaysian open, I have not had a chance to try out smash city. BTW, Taufik was awesome in Singapore. He made Peter Gade cry and the Chinese did not know what hit them :). I'm hoping Taufik and Peter both win their quarters today so I can see a rematch in the semis tomorrow. I am armed with my camera :).

2. kineda

kineda Regular Member

Founder Kineda.com
    Can you provide some more details about the class? What's tought? Cost? Etc.

Is the class more focused on double's play or single?

3. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

G3 class

Sorry for the delay in reply, we were so crazy busy this weekend.

This is an advanced Training class. We have G1 for beginners, G2 for intermediate and G3 for advanced. You will be learning more power play, learning to hone your skills to your advantage, ALOT of footwork, really integrate body, hand, eye co-ordination, doubles play format, how to rotate to your advantage, (cos this class only has men right now), aggressive play, game strategy, hone your mental game. Points of location to hit on the court during a singles or doubles game. Hope that gives you some idea and please feel free to ask more questions.

Sally

4. GGrebecca

GGrebecca Regular Member

G1 class and G2 summer camp

We also started G2 summer camp today(7/11). G2 is for intermediate and fee is also $380. The time slot is 10-12:30, Monday thru Thursday, for the duration of 3 weeks.

For adult beginners, we have G1 class every Saturday from 10 to 12 noon. Please call for more information. 650-838-9318.

5. Rayminton

Rayminton New Member

6. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    a bird's eye view

i noticed new windows being put in to allow a view of the courts from the upstairs lounge.

sweet!

7. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Windows

Yahhhh!!! Do you like that? Mike insisted everyone can get a birds eye view so we will have a small counter at the window so people can sit there , drink or eat their food and watch the action downstairs!! Isn't that just the Koolest?

Sally

8. Rayminton

Rayminton New Member

GGBC Mixed Doubles Ladder Inauguration this Friday 7/22 6:30-8:30PM

Challenge Court will be replaced :crying:by GGBC Mixed Doubles Ladder Inauguration:eek: this Friday 7/22 6:30-8:30PM
    At least two rounds of 2-game matches.:)
    First matches are casually assigned :confused:while Second round will be by ranking:cool:.

9. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Ladder Inaguration

Hey Thats great Ray. I wish I wasn't away so far! I'd love to be there. Hope you guys have fun!!

Sally

10. MaggieHo

MaggieHo Regular Member

Wasssup

i will be there to play haha. don't know that we going to win or not. We so miss you, when are you back Sally.

:p

11. Rayminton

Rayminton New Member

Ladder Inauguration

Are you coming back next week for next Ladder Inauguration:)?
    We all miss you
    :mad:.

12. gg_raymond

gg_raymond New Member

GGBC Doubles Ladder Inauguration this Friday 7/29 6:30-8:30PM

GGBC Doubles Ladder Inauguration continue this Friday 7/29 6:30-8:30PM:cool:

13. gg_raymond

gg_raymond New Member

14. Locomoco

Locomoco Regular Member

Hi all,

I was feeling an urge to return to playing badminton after a long break from the game and visited GGBC yesterday to see the facilities and have my racket restrung. I thought the play area was amazing - the floors alone made me want to hit the gym so I'd be better able to get back into the game.

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly and answered all my stupid questions with a smile. After coming home and telling my wife about the club, she actually sounds like she's interested in learning how to play badminton now! :D

I hope to see some of you there, and please go easy on me if I ever play any of you - have some mercy for an out of shape 30-something. :p

15. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

I remember you

Dear Loco,

I remember you cos I thought you didn't need your racquet restrung but you insisted cos you thought they had been sitting around too long! Good for you!! Well, your racquet is ready to pick up and we can't wait for you to come play cos alot of members are so friendly and eager to play with new people! We'll be waiting! See you very soon!

Regards, Sally

16. Locomoco

Locomoco Regular Member

Thanks Sally!

I think it's worth mentioning, that I dug out my 10 old Aerotus 70 which has just been sitting in my garage and brought it into the pro shop. I wanted to have it restrung because I thought it might've degraded over the years.

To my pleasant surprise, when I asked about having it restrung, more than one staff member suggested that the strings would probably be fine... I would've thought that most pro shops would leap at any opportunity for business, but they gave me their honest opinion that would've meant losing an opportunity for a sale... that's the kinda straight shooting business that gets my business from now on. :D

17. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Rediscovering badminton

So we hope to see you there soon!

We have so many new people or people whom are REdiscovering badminton like yourself come in every single day since we've opened in June 11th. And it's mostly by word of mouth! It's so fun to learn about peoples histories and how much they used to and still love badminton. They all conjugate at our reception and chat, chat, chat! We can't really believe how many people just stop by to check out our place and never leave again.. ha ha..

Most of us staff are going to see the World Championships in Anaheim from 18th to 21st. I'm sure once you pick up the game again we will be seeing alot of you!

Regards, Sally

18. Locomoco

Locomoco Regular Member

My wife and I finally came to play tonight, and it was great! She was a little intimidated at first, but once we got on a court and we started vollying back and forth, she started getting the hang of things and I think she's picking things up faster than I did way back when... (I'm so proud of her). :D

I think the only thing that we'd suggest would be to get some sort of lighting for the parking lot... when we left the club, it was REALLY dark, and a few lights pointed towards the cars would probably make it feel a lot safer. :D

19. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Parking lights

Glad you enjoyed your time there and if your wife is not reading this thread, I think she will be really excited about your surprise GIFT purchase today!!!

We do apologise for the parking lights. Those are on every night but because I have some friends from Hong Kong and Vancouver visiting and we grabbed our VIP administrator Steve, the BOSS Mike as well as myself and we left only poor Candy there to take care whole night and we forgot to turn on parking lights. We usually have them on. We are having too good a time lately cos we are all going together to see the championships. So... don't worry...lights will be on next time, and THANK YOU that that is your only complaint.

I'm glad you had tons of fun! See you again soon! I see you bought the 10 pass today.

Regards, Sally

20. GGrebecca

GGrebecca Regular Member

Sally to sing in Union Square today

Sally will be a judge in the California Finals of Sing Tao Newspapers' Karaoke Competition. Ten finalists will belt out their best karaoke songs, and Sally will do double-duty and perform two songs. A GGBC contingent will be there!

It's free admission and outdoors, so all are welcome! The event starts at 1PM.

http://come.to/sallyyeh/