Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Really? White and Black are the most boring base colours to me. I can complement a dress fitting to the racket out of my closet...be happy that you can't see me. :D

2. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    You sound like you dress in clown suit colours hahahaha. I like boring colours

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

3. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Nah. I like unobstructive cloth and couldn't go crazy during my normal life...on court...bam like on LSD. ;)

EDIT: According to DHL it comes tomorrow. Data and pics will follow tomorrow evening.

#4123 ucantseeme, Jan 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    Ch1k0 likes this.
  4. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Today my N7II arrived. Ordered yesterday, received today - that was quick, Smoof.

The N7II is my first Li Ning racket, so I can't do a side by side comparison with other Li Ning rackets.

Data (dry, plastic intact):

weight: 88.3 g
    balance: 298 mm
    headweight: 38.1 g

First impressions:

My first impressions are that the racket is a well produced one. I'm a very picky guy and can normally find a tiny thing, but I don't find anything. The paint job is superb. The purple one looks like a bowl of fruit loops and I think that it is not everybody's cup of tea, but I like it much. The purple turns into the light from a pale purple to a pink and has sparkles which you can only see when you are very close. The handle is not shorter than I'm used on my other rackets from Victor and Yonex. The head is slightly bigger than my previous rackets (Duo-ZS and JS10) but it is just a little and not one of this oversize tennis heads like some other Yonex or like rackets from Dunlop or Astec. The shaft is not a wet noodle and stiff, but still has a little flex in it. It's not a steel pipe, but stiff decribe is very well.

Dry swinging:

It seems to be a fast racket with a smooth swing but still has a bit weight in the head to supportz every strokes. After I strung and gripped it with an overgrip on wood it changed a bit. It has has some weight in the head and I wouldn't say it is head light. More towards an even balance 3U or a moderate head heavy 4U. Headweight wet is 41.1g so even balance and close to ARC11 head weight or the head weight of my BS10.

Stringing:

I strung the racket at 12.1 x 13.0 kg with Nanogy 99 2-piece bottom-up immediately when I came home and had opened the package. What me bother as a stringer is the starter (b7) and the tie-off of the cross at A6. I would prefer a shared hole at B6/b6 and A5/a5 to prevent a slightly flushing/sinking of the knots. My knots didn't show an issue (Gudgeon and my own Gudgeon with an additional through the loops) but I wouldn't be confident with Aerosonic at 14kg. I Will give one piece next time a go and will experiment with a different tie-off position for the cross. No signs of any grommet sinking or any weakness. This racket seems to be a sturdy champ and didn't bend/move. I guess, it can take much more.

A few initial hits:

I did some serves in my living room and hits with a hanging shuttle cock at the ceiling to practice quick reactions for forecourt and mid-court play. The racket is quick, but not on the level of a Jetspeed or Brave Sword frame. I would say it is a tweener of a Duora/Arcsaber and a Jetspeed/Brave Sword. Maybe like a Nanoray...? I don't know, yet. I feel that I can hit hard with this one. Will be on court on monday and will report how it performs in training and MD/XD.

Some pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

@s_mair @Rob3rt

swsh, avia, s_mair and 1 other person like this.
  5. kaffars

kaffars Regular Member

Geologist

Eager to see what you think. But I agree I love the colour style of the N7ii. Defs catch people's attention at the club.

ucantseeme likes this.
  6. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Have fun with your first LN racket. I hope it works out well for you. ;)

ucantseeme likes this.
  7. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Congrats on your purchase. Curious to hear how it performs for you outside your living room.

And the color scheme seems like it was designed especially for you.

ucantseeme likes this.
  8. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Yea. Welcome to the white side of the dark side. You should probably try n9II next

Sent from my SM-J320F using Tapatalk

ucantseeme likes this.
  9. risii

risii Regular Member

Im looking forward to try the N9-II as well :)

10. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Hahaha, awesome profile pic! :D

11. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Yesterday I played a bit with the N7II. The regular training was done by me with a different racket, so it is a limited experience of some game preparing routines and one game.

I prepared for the game with a team mate. We started with clears which were effortless and very easy on the arm. Dropshots were very crisp and a joy. Drives were also easy to perform, the racket is quick. My team mate fired some smashs at me and I had no issues. Everything was easy to defend. At the net I got the first doubts. The feel is very different compared to my latest previous rackets (JS10 and DUO-ZS). It could be a combination of the NBG99 and the normal sized head. After years with compact frames and stiff to very stiff shafts you get used to the direct feel when you hit the sweet spot. I think I need to give the racket a fair assessment and go next time a bit higher in terms of tension and apply BG80/BG80P. I suspect that the combination with NBG99 is the culprit. When I went to smashs I missed the "like heaven"-feel when you hit the sweet spot of a compact frame. When I smashed I noticed that the shaft has a noticeable more flex than Duo-ZS or JS10. The smashs were not weaker, but I think that I need some time to adjust. I give the racket 2 weeks to adjust and string it a bit tighter with a harder string because of the larger head to get a bit more direct feel. During the MD game I dicovered that the racket is very user-friendly, fast and forgiving, but I need some time to adjust. The racket is not disappointing. It plays like I expected the JS12 perform before it was out without the Victor feel and this is not a bad thing. I was looking for an easier, fast and more forgiving racket and got exactly what I wanted. If the feel at the net area and for the smash improve due a different tension, it is a keeper.

#4131 ucantseeme, Jan 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    Sumanth99, s_mair and kaffars like this.
  12. hsw11

hsw11 New Member

Found a G-Tek 80 Muscle in my closet,errrr no idea where it comes from...any comment on this racket?

13. TigerSmash

TigerSmash Regular Member

Tried the n7-2 today, liliyana natsir version. My setup was bg80p @ 25lbs, original plastic on with one layer of rkep g08 overgrip. I will briefly mention about the playability from my 2 hour experience with it. The racket feels quite light, stiff and the frame is fast. I wouldn’t consider it jetspeed 10 fast but it’s definitely quicker than arcsaber 11. Straight and cross court clears are effortless. drop shots are accurate and pushes/drives have a great feeling also as the racket is user friendly enough for you to attack early. I will need to test net shots a bit more. The frame cuts the air quick, and this also allows you to create a seriously fast smash if you have the correct technique, I just wished I had strung it higher with a thin repulsive string. As for the head of the racket, there is slight weight but also enough strength in the t-joint to control the shot. It is not head light, but verging towards an even balance. It is the aero frame and swing speed that makes it feel it is geared to slightly head heavy and that sensation of packing a punch. Overall, in my opinion, a very enjoyable racket to use. If I was coming from a bs12, this is the one I would go for and would argue that it has everything I wanted more from the bs12. Would definitely keep one of these ... if you get tired with n9-2!

14. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

The Natsir version is a N7II Light, isn't it? So it should be a 5U'ish weight and a flexible shaft and hence quite different than the "real" N7II.

ucantseeme likes this.
  15. TigerSmash

Yeah sorry I don't know the difference between the variants but it's 84g including plastic wrap. I better borrow the white n7-2 tonight, guessing that should be towards 90g.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

16. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    After my impressions from Monday with the N7II (the real one and not the toys R us edition ;)), I gave it a try with BG80 @12.5x13 kg. Much much better in terms of feel. I trained wednesday footwork and played on friday. I must say it is a so userfriedly racket and very easy on the arm. After the change in terms of string type and increasing 0.5 kg on the mains it turned out much much better. I played today a singles match and one MD and one XD. The doubts in terms of the feel are gone. IMO a powerful even balanced racket. Enough flex to support when needed, enough stiffness to play controlled and well placed shots. I'm thinking to buy a second. I'm really surprised. IMO one of the must-tried doubles rackets. Quick enough for drive battles and the push/net game and still powerful enough for the backcourt. A ZF user wouldn't be happy with it, but for me who like stiff rackets and go for placement/creative play over raw and blind power the racket is well fitting with the easy on arm/easy to use on top. It could be slightly stiffer for my liking, but this racket is a keeper. I suggest BG80 for this racket. It will not be too harsh and suit very well the whole package.

kaffars, long, TigerSmash and 4 others like this.
  17. TigerSmash

Good review, I have the real deal on me now, will restring it before testing though. Hoping it's like the natsir but obviously in 3u weight.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

18. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    To sum it up: I will sell my good DuoZS to a club mate and will get a second N7II as a spare. I don't regret to get my first Li-ning. It happend not often that I racket caught me like that. It let me forget any previous Victor rackets I ever played. It's the perfect allround doubles racket for me which is absolute easy to use, the access to power is always there and still beeing forgiving. The feel was firstly a bit strange, but I think I adjust to it and BG80 did the rest. I think any BS12 fan will instantly fall in love. It does everything in all department very well and is still powerful enough for me. Thanks @Ch1k0 for killing the last doubts. You didn't disappointed me, again!

TigerSmash and Rob3rt like this.
  19. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Oh don't make me blush. I'm just a normal guy with too many rackets.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

20. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Come on... we all know that it was the pink color that did at least half the job to win you over. :D

But wow, I didn't expect you to turn away from the DZS so quickly again and go for the Li-Ning instead. It's exactly the combination of ease of use, forgiveness and still lots of control and power that I found pretty unique with the N9II too. And thanks to your latest hymn of praise (and knowing that we share the same racket preferences...), the voice in the back of my head saying "...try the N7II... try the N7II..." is getting louder and louder. :rolleyes:

But first of all, I have a N80II here for testing purposes (thanks to @Daniel™ ) and I'm highly looking forward for a test ride tonight. My first excursion into head heavy territory after some years with mostly quick 4U rackets.