Load spreader question

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by decoy, Oct 25, 2016.

1. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Once you get a JS10 on your machine, you will see the problem with having pad+load spreader in place.

2. Chow Mein

Chow Mein Regular Member

That's why I only upgraded the top support to the Gamma Badminton one and use the MBS loadspreader only for the bottom support and don't care about leaving the pad for the bottom.

Even with the upgraded Gamma support, it's still a tight fit (with the Watdon fixed clamps) for the last pull on a JS10 and ZF2.

3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I have completely dropped using a load spreader at 6 o'clock and only have the plastic pad in place. I noticed that the racket does move less on the first mains and there is less need to tighten re-tighten the main supports after the first mains. Haven't noticed any disadvantages at all.

I wished that Gamma-style load-spreading main support would be available for my machine too.

4. Chow Mein

Chow Mein Regular Member

I prefer using a loadspreader for the 6 o'clock support, as some rackets have some funny grommets down there with narrow spaces, especially those fake/counterfeit rackets.

5. Esteban

Esteban Regular Member

6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    considering you have a Gamma, there is no reason not to get the factory badminton end support. it is strong and the most compact support. even better than the Yonex/Victor, etc, solutions.
    [​IMG]

DarthHowie and s_mair like this.
  8. Chan1011

Chan1011 Regular Member

*gasp* I've never seen this before, where can I purchase?! Do these work on all Gamma machines? I have the Gamma X-Stringer.

9. Desmond C

Desmond C Regular Member

The guys over at Racquet Guys in Markham sell it, I bought mine and it's great, since I've had 3 or 4 load spreaders explode on me in the past.. The only concerns are:
    1) It's CAD$90+tax...
    2) You can no longer clamp the top cross comfortably since the neck of the throat support is much thicker. However it's an easy solve if you just double back and double pull the top 2 crosses together.

You can find their website here: https://racquetguys.com/category/Tennis/Tennis
    You'll need to email them or call them ahead of time to ask if they have the parts. What they told me is they carry everything from Gamma, you'll just have to ask

Chan1011 and DarthHowie like this.
  10. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
  11. Chan1011

Chan1011 Regular Member

Looks like they have in stock, it's $70+taxes, probably pick that up and some of their YY super graps on sale!

12. Desmond C

Desmond C Regular Member

I paid $100.............................................

13. Chan1011

Chan1011 Regular Member

I just placed my order, confirmed that it's $69.99 CAD + HST, it's a bit cheaper, but probably because not as popular anymore as it's getting dated?

This will save me the hassle of using the plastic load spreaders, I'm pretty excited about this!

Desmond C likes this.
  14. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Finding out that I can source those in Canada makes them a lot more tempting than when I thought I would have to order them from the states!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

15. chanman87

chanman87 Regular Member

Banker
    which one should i use for the 6pt ELS8800 machine?

Attached Files:

16. Jamese157

Jamese157 New Member

I recently bought a new Gamma X-ST and found my load spreader couldn't fit. I emailed the guys at Gamma directly and they advised me, that for my machine, to get the one on the right from the second photo.

I've found their service to be fantastic and reply very quickly so I would email them to find which ones to get for your machine and they will usually get back to you within a couple of hours.

17. AZbadman

AZbadman Regular Member

Sales and Marketing

Ummmm... You don't need a plastic load spreader on that machine. Gamma has a mount arm that has a load spreader built in.

18. khoai

khoai Regular Member

19. heroclass

heroclass Regular Member

I had the same load spreaders as you before, and yes I had to use a soldering iron to "melt" away the plastic, also because of the length thickness it does affect the top string such as the racquet JS10. I moved onto this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fre...32810087806.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.HPBDIZ . It doesnt fit, but same thing I set up a small chem lab with the kitchen fan on. I used a candle to heat up my scissors and I cut away the unneccessary plastic to fit on my gamma machine, and they work wonderfully. Fits well and no movement whats so ever. It just takes time.

Chan1011 likes this.
  20. Chan1011

Chan1011 Regular Member

Wow this is a great looking product, it would be nice if they have different opening sizes to fit various machines!