Issue with chudek frame support

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by razorei, Jan 5, 2018.

1. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    PP arms do move a little, my old one used to on one side when tensioning mains. It made it look like the top was deforming on one side doing crosses.

2. razorei

razorei Regular Member

student
    Thank you for you help
    I think it's the arm the culprit. I've already see it moving few times....

Do you think it's a big issue (stringing like that is it dangerous for the racket?) Or should I buy another one?

3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I generally don't like the idea of the racket to have any sort of play in the mounting so I would ditch that machine instantly. Supports can only apply said support to the frame if they are in contact with it. ;)

It's always the same thing if you start upgrading a crappy machine - you will only make it a bit less crappy until you discover the next flaw. My advice: Start looking for a decent machine and try to sell that PP in its original state (put on the drop weight system along with the original clamps/bases and the side supports again). Maybe get yourself a PremiumStringer 3600 or comparable. If you add the upgraded clamps and bases to that one, you will have a dead solid setup.