Victor fans club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Yoppy, May 2, 2011.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Aesthetics are subjective and not a sign of quality. Feel wise....have you played with both? If not, how do you come to that conclusion?
    Usually you can't really judge the quality of a racket properly unless you test it thoroughly...

2. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Does anyone have any news on the JS11?

3. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I think it will be in the 2018 European catalog

Paul

Eric123456789 and R20190 like this.
  4. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    S_Mair

I have still seen very little sinking grommets on rackets that I restring. I took the warning from members on BC and installed grommet strips in JS10 and JS12's and therefore none of the players I string for have this issue.

I string a lot of Victor rackets for players but there is such a mix from Bravesword, Thruster, Meteor, Hypernano, Jetspeed. I still haven't seen a sinking grommet on any other frame. So only Jetspeeds appear to have the problem or are there others out there aside form the one Hypernano posted some time ago.

I'm not being either defensive or covering up. I just am not experiencing these issues with players I string for and not hearing about it in the UK market. That doesn't mean that the problem doesn't exist, only I am not coming into contact with it.

At the World Champs, i reported that I saw some sinking holes in the new JS10Q. So, I reported it wasn't fixed on this frame. I am being honest here and do not like any inference about my integrity being questionable.

Paul

ice man likes this.
  5. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I have personally experienced sinking grommets on Bravesword (12, 11 and LHI) but only at high tensions circa 30lb (still within Victor's specified limits). One was on a KRP racquet strung by SOSA.

6. Luciole

Luciole Regular Member

Hello, i'm playing a BS10 4U that i'm liking a lot but it's difficult to find. I would like to know wich racket is the most similar in the catalog now.

dexter980 likes this.
  7. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    JS10Q

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

8. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    So..who goes for the mortal tensions? The average BC player who purchased the JS10, JS12 or the pro players? I see there a correlation between the several times teasing us with the stringing chart of the AE2016 without delivering it and the release of the JS12. Let imagine: KGJ with his 34/35, SBC 33, LJH at 33/35 and so on...who at BC even goes for that? These are very uncommon tensions even for fanatics.

You didn't came across this by stringing tons of Victors at the past AE's? Sorry, I need to say it like Gill Clark "I don't believe it!"

I bought 3 JS10 and had it on 2. 2 of 3. One had it after 2-3 jobs, one sunk with a bit of lag, one goes strong. I also strung a few other Jetspeeds from club mates and friends below 30 and had it on a few. Conditions new to less than a year old. One club mate ordered a JS10 strung by the online shop with Aerosonic within warranty and it had it. The Jetspeeds are IMO a weak frame, but it is very popular one. IMO it's the weakest frame from Victor.

I was last year in Hongkong and visited a Victor Stringer who string at HK Open, Korea Open, Japan Open. We had a chit-chat, while he strung a racket for me and he agreed that newer Victors had this issues, but the JS10Q and new JS12 not.

Paul, this lead to 3 options:

1. You got mostly the lucky ones and I the bad ones
    2. Some stringers do something wrong or are poor stringers due having it
    3. Somebody don't speak the truth

9. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

or
    4. (assumption) majority of his stringing is for Pro players, who cherry pick their rackets specs.
    Personal experience: My Jetspeed 12 89g+ dry didn't have any sinking holes, before I sold it on. Got this JS12 pretty early on from RKEP, so could've been one of the first batches. However, brought a pair of 86-87g JS12s several months later and these got sinking holes after 1 or 2 string jobs :(
    I'm wondering if pro players are picking up heavier JS12s (not improbable) and therefore that makes it less likely to experience sinking holes and making it more likely that Paul didn't see any sinking holes during All England.

10. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    ucantseeme

I string for many average club players outside of the professional tour. I think I've been lucky but so far I've probably had one racket showing signs of sinking grommets. There again, most players I string for have sensible tensions low-mid 20's so it could be the racket needs more time to show the fault. There are one or two who have higher tensions and I used grommet strips when they first got their rackets which stopped the problem. Surprisingly I saw sinking grommet on a Duora 7 last year. I can't recall ever seeing this problem on a Yonex frame.

I definitely saw sinking grommets on new JS10 Q at world champs which was a surprise and I reported it on BC.

Paul

11. Tec07

Tec07 Regular Member

Any jetspeed s7 users? Picked up a 4u version yesterday from racketline and very happy with it, felt to me the same as the s12 only maybe a tad more flexible.. not seen any mentions of the s7 on the forum though..

12. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Thanks for you reply. I bought also the strips from asia immediately, but used dennis grommets after the stock ones where used but IMO this trend of special grommets here and there just slows it down. I also changed the grommets frequent since day zero, beeing not the grommet turner. I had sinking at my Jetspeeds at 3-9 o'clock of the single pass and all shared holes and it's not the case that the grommets get cut in the head, the grommets flush into the frame. Also at the top and both racket developed the same cracking pattern, while one goes strong. How can this happen?

You need the grommets from Yonex for a Victor. This is so funny and fishy, I could laugh if it didn't turn out such expensive. It costs alot of money for the maintance and the strips also need to replaced frequent, because you can't turn them. They are also not long enough to flare them properly. The wear will shift to the inside. I see no sense to buy a quick frame and get a stock faulty product which I need to keep with spending alot of money for special grommets from the biggest competitor to bulk it up. That's to me totally nonsense and ****ing nuts. Like buying a brand new car which needs a special and costy service if the gas is empty

The strips are available in Asia only according to Yonex Willich, so all the additional hassle to not loose your money on a faulty product too quickly is shifted to the customer. That's absolute poor by Victor. Instead of offering to replace the faulty ones at a wholesale price, they could have made special designed grommets for the Jetspeeds easily available which don't cost an arm and a leg to support the customers. But doing nothing is the worst of everything.

13. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    The strips weren't that expensive. I agree with you that I don't turn grommets. I have the grommets from Dennis in my JS12 and they have worked well.

I agree with your thoughts on how Victor has dealt with this. It's nothing I can either control or have a say about. I am a minnow in the Victor pool. I have written to them about the issue.

The strips I use are just about long enough and work really well, lasting a good few months before they need changing. I'm used to doing it so it appears to be working well and there's no sign of wear on the rackets.

Wow, grommets sinking at 3 and 9 positions. That's new and just as bad.

Paul

14. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Maybe you want to share your inexpensive source or wanna sell me some? I wasted within 1.5 years around 150€ for grommet strips and U shaped ones from Yonex for 3 rackets incl Shipping and taxes. These are the costs of a fourth racket. I had to prefer to pay 190 per a complete racket without an issue instead of 150 and the hassle. The strips are not enough you also need additional grommets for every shared and the 3/6 o'clock which I cut from the Yonex U shaped W grommets. The strips will be last longer if you use a toys r us tension but if you use the racket up to the warrant tension (For JS12 3U = 30lbs) you won't get out more than 4 restrings. If you go for a thin and rough string the strips are done easy.

I would like to see how you overcome the wear of the inner part (grommets get one day split, you tie knots in them too) and how you treat the highest hole of the strip the string runs on the highest hole of the strip to a normal grommet on the cross? This IMO the culprit why they wear out after 4 restrings for me. Do you string a special pattern? The U shaped lives exactly 4 restrings for the starting knot at B6, too.

15. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    OK, I've been using the following although not purchased from this source...

http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=1174#.Wlx8Cqhl_IU

I use these for holes 5-6T

http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=892#.Wlx8Oqhl_IU

Sometimes I use the number 1 of the grommet strips but 1 and 4 appear to be very similar. I cut the strip after the third and if I'm careful the grommet will be long enough. Sometimes, if not inserted correctly, the grommet squashes on the outside of the frame and this makes it short.

Generally I get around 10 restrings on one set. Of course, I am like you, a stickler for grommets as this prolongs the string life as much as any stringer can.

I use standard stringing patterns. My knots tend to wrap around the string so I don't get so much grommet damage.

I hope this helps.

Paul

Daniel™ likes this.
  16. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Hi Guys :

Any of you have any review for this racket HYPERNANO X 900 ?

Thanks

17. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    I've already reviewed this racket. I have Hypernano 990 coming soon so hopefully it won't take too long before I can test it.

Paul

18. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    After a struggle with Victor I got a connection for my case. I will report back how it goes out. I guess Paul made a call. ;)

s_mair likes this.
  19. skeksis

skeksis Regular Member

Best autocorrect ever. Ever. Ever.

Gesendet von meinem BLA-L29 mit Tapatalk

Rob3rt likes this.
  20. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I think this depends on distribution of each country. I know both wholesale prices for a highend from Victor and Yonex and you can get easily 2 Victor high ends for a price of one Yonex. Butif you run a shop you don't want to sell Victor, when 80% of your customers (depends on region as well) want to buy a Yonex. Yonex is too dominant in the market, they sponsor so many players their rackets are famous for decades. Yonex has a loyal and strong base with a lot of fans and sucker for new stuff. So Victor can't compete with Yonex. They are maximum No.2 in the market, but I get more and more the impression that they dropped to No. 4 in my country.

Ferrerkiko likes this.