Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    @JacKie

you don't watch, many other will watch. we'll be there and watch, relax dude.:)

2. lurker

lurker Regular Member

What model of yonex shoes is Gideon wearing?

3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Your point being....? Of course other people are gonna watch it. Not everyone has the same distaste for crappy behaviour, for example Marin still has some fans...but I still don't see what point you're trying to make :D

4. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    @Jacky

my point is no need to make complaints here in Minions thread as no one could help you or even hear you, you can go contact or petition BWF if you're unhappy about their decision to put 2 SSs in INA as many INA fans would be very happy to watch 2 SSs at home:)

melon94 likes this.
  5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

So all commentary here is useless? After all, it doesn't get to the people that are concerned. If you have something good to remark about Gideon/Sukamuljo, are you supposed to write them a letter directly, since these posts won't reach them? And apparently it reached someone, since you won't stop bringing it up again and again. Also - a critical comment is not necessarily a complaint.
    This is a forum for discussion, someone else brought it up, I commented. When somebody then replies to me, I answer sometimes....that is a discussion. I wasn't going to spend any more comments on the issue since this is, as you said, a thread about the aforementioned doubles pairing, but as you keep bringing it up...
    I'll end my part in that particular discussion here as I doubt it'll contribute anything more to this thread's topic. Have a nice day :)

6. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
  7. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

I have a feeling li/liu gonna beat them tomorrow, kevin hasn't really played at his best in this tournament so far.

8. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    I hope Minions can double hattrick this year. When was the last time any player in any discipline could double hattrick in a year? Will solid their status as POTY.

9. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Congrats. 8th final this year ;) more to come

10. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Total dominance this year. One title away from double hattrick. I wonder who had accomplished the same feat before? Anyone?

#430 badlove, Nov 25, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  11. TheNotorious

TheNotorious Regular Member

LYD/YYS won 6 titles out of 7 finals in 2015. If Kev/Gid wins tomorrow, they'll equal the koreans record for most MD titles won in a calender year. But, they already surprassed the koreans with 8 finals to 7.

12. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Ahh I see, I'm talking about double hattrick (winning SS title three times in a row twice). LYD/YYS did one hattrick in 2015.

#432 badlove, Nov 25, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  13. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Congrats! 6th titles this year.

14. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Minions laughing their way to the bank this Christmas.

15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Congratulations to Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo/Markus Fernaldi Gideon for an extraordinary year:
    6 titles - including a major one in the Yonex All-England Open SSP; winning the Celcom Axiata Malaysia Open Super Series Premier, Daihatsu Yonex Japan Open SS and the Yonex-Sunrise Hong Kong Open SS; as well as retaining the Tahoe China Open SSP & Yonex-Sunrise India Open SS.
    2 runner-ups
    - in the Victor Korea Open SS & Danisa Denmark Open SSP
    1 SF - in the OUE Singapore Open SS
    1 QF - in the Total BWF World Championships
    1 R32 - in the home event BCA Indonesia SSP
    and winning 1 match (and losing 1 match) in the Total BWF Sudirman Cup.

A record of 44-6 (with 4 of the defeats to Danish pairs in Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen and Kim Astrup/Anders Skaarup Rasmussen; and the remaining 2 defeats to Chinese pairs in Chai Biao/Hong Wei and Liu Cheng/Zhang Nan).

1 more tournament to go this year in the BWF World Super Series Finals 2017 in Dubai, 3 weeks later (from 13-17 December 2017).

With the achievements this year, there will be higher expectations on them for a very important year in 2018 and this list represents the important tourneys for them:
    23-28 January 2018 - Daihatsu Indonesia Masters (a Grade 2, Level 4 home tournament with a prize money of US$350k)
    6-11 February 2018 - Badminton Asia Team Championships (with the objective being to qualify for the Thomas Cup Finals)
    14-18 March 2018 - Yonex All-England Open (a Grade 2, Level 2 tournament with a prize money of US$1m)
    20-27 May 2018 - Total BWF Thomas Cup Finals (a grade 1 tournament)
    3-8 July 2018 - BCA Indonesia Open (a Grade 2, Level 2 home tournament with a prize money of US$1.25m)
    30 July-05 August 2018 - Total BWF World Championships (a Grade 1 tournament, where they are surely to be among the top 4 seeds)
    18 August-2 September 2018 - Asian Games 2018 (with the badminton tournament held in the newly renovated Istora Senayan Jakarta)

If they can end next year by winning the World Championships & Asian Games 2018 Individual Event Gold Medal; that will really represent a wonderful 2018!

Master likes this.
  16. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo mentally torturing his opponent since 1995. The second one was my favourite.

It's amazing how he schools his fellow Top 10 Greatest Doubles player on earth like that.

17. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

amazing achievement so far but still hope they can perform better in big events.

18. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

There were no big events to begin with imo ok 1 WC when they were not the first seed.

so nobody cares, they certainly dont care losing in QF by dreadful 2 points.

Life goes on without WC and OG so lets earn the money first winning tournaments.

19. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Sudirman Cup is a big event, as well as Indonesia Open for them

Maurice MJC likes this.
  20. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

They certainly do care about that, and will care even more if they dont do better next time...