Replacing Pros Pro Challenger with Premium Stringer 3600

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Exert, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    I'm looking to permanently replace my pros pro Challenger as I am not liking the quality control on these machines. This is the final machine I am looking to keep for a very long time, and I do not plan on getting a WISE as it is primarily for myself and some friends. What are your guy's experiences with this machine? The machine also includes a set of tennis fixed clamps but I am interested in badminton only, any recommendations on clamps that aren't too pricey? I'm looking for clamps that can hold at least 28 lbs BG 66 Ultimax. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Kaelhdris

Kaelhdris Regular Member

3. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Hey,

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately I do have a pair of Yonex flying clamps already, but I do prefer to have a good pair of fixed clamps. Thanks!

Brandon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Forget that flying clamp nonense. If you have proper fixed clamps, then use them for god's sake!

AFAIK the PS3600 can also be ordered with badminton compatible clamps. At least there are quite a lot of BC members who use the machine (and its fixed clamps!) for badminton. Maybe ask the shop before you place the order or look out for other sellers who offer the badminton clamps optionally.

5. rbynck

rbynck Regular Member

I have the PS3600, however I changed the bases for semi-auto ones before even trying the manual.
    I am still using the Premium Stringer Penta clamps for badminton as they are able to hold 14 kg + 15% pre-stretch without slippage - however I bought it as a demo-model and the clamps that were already installed were clamping "unevenly", as in one side would close before the other, so I am not sure about the super long term durability.
    I am not sure if the PS3600 is way better than a PP Challenger but the PS3600 is a solid machine.

EDIT: Dont know about import charges and stuff in Canada, but SuperStringer could also be an option!

#5 rbynck, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

If import is not a option and you might want to look at other alternatives, have a look at the Gamma X-6FC. Built like a tank and probably the best "affordable" clamps you can get. A bit more expensive than the PS3600 though.

7. vienly

vienly Regular Member

Networking
    I had the PS3600 with Wise from Watdon and it was kinda crap, ended up selling.
    Points I didn't like about the machine were:

1) didn't come with badminton clamps, so ordered Penta Premium Stringer Badminton Clamps, they were rubbish as only 3/5 of the teeth gripped onto the strings, some other members noticed that also
    2) the sides supports have to be replaced as they are designed for tennis rackets
    3) I couldn't accurately adjust the arms so that both sides were equally touching the racket

bakjoul likes this.
  8. Speedtease

Speedtease New Member

Where did you get those semi-auto bases ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

9. rbynck

rbynck Regular Member

I got them from this Danish store. 2 for 240 euros :) I believe they are the same as the AliExpress ones though.