Old School Classic: NanoSpeed 9000

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Dylan@Delft, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Dylan@Delft

Dylan@Delft New Member

Hey all, I am wondering if any of you still use (or have used) Yonex Nanospeed 9000? This is one of my favorite racket of all time not only because of proper balance between defense and offense and great sense of power when in hold, but also because of the time I have spent with it.

What is your experience with it?

Racket.jpg
    My father bought this racket back in time (probably in early 2009) and he liked it. At the time my father was using it more often and he played mainly doubles. A few months after, I started a highly intensive summer camp training and and he gave the racket to me for encouragement. I was super excited for having the racket I remember. However, not until the training started, did I realize that the 8 hours (3+3+2) training was not a joke. It was difficult but fun. It was also very helpful and it gave me a chance to build up my foundations. This Nanospeed 9000 was with me the whole month.

It fit very well with my style and I like the feeling of it a lot, so whenever I would participate a tournament, this racket would be with me. However, because of studying aboard in Jordan, I haven't had chance to use it for about two years. Luckily I brought it with me when coming to the Netherlands in 2014 and have used it for training and competition ever since.

It is in good condition overall but some minor scratches here and there.

If you have used this Nanospeed 9000, share your story with me!

red_enigma and Khamenman like this.
  2. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

Hey Dylan! Nice story you have. I don't have nor have used Nanospeed before, but I have similar story with my first serious racket until my friend borrowed it and broke it into half :(

3. Praj

Praj Regular Member

my first racket was the Nanospeed 4500, which i used for which i bought in mid 2000's. only last year did i purchase a new racket. The 4500 was brilliant, done everything really well.

4. blackvitzrs

blackvitzrs New Member

I absolutely love the nanospeed 9000. With its slightly thicker head frame compared to the 9900, it becomes that much more forgiving and provides better repulsion. At thr same time he head is light enough for great defense. IMO it is the best racket I have ever used.

I am still using one but mine has hairline cracks unfortunately. May have to switch to the nanoray 800 3u if I can't source another.

5. ct3833

ct3833 Regular Member

Manager
    Hi, where is the hairline crack? Mine crack on the shaft about 1 inch away from the frame which i believe is the end of T joint.
    It is a very nice racket to have, a lot faster than 9900 yet gives enough power when doing smash and clear.

6. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I still have my NS9000 Type S (CD coded) but used as a back up racket since it's still good. It used to be my primary back in the day when it was.

I still have a brand new sealed JP one as well keeping it as a collector item.

7. blackvitzrs

blackvitzrs New Member

Mine cracked on the frame one inch beside the t-joint.

8. blackvitzrs

blackvitzrs New Member

Selling your backup by any chance?

9. hm_andhika

hm_andhika Regular Member

Consultant and Technology Enthusiast
    I had a good experience with NS9000X. However, the frame is not strong enough to hold the tension above 27lbs. Mine got cracked last year.

10. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    The NS9000 is indeed a nice racquet, as were a number of NS's but I wouldn't call them "old school classics". The NS range are neither old school or classics imo. The NS range is still relatively current.

There are people using much older racquets, some which I would consider as more worthy "classics" but the NS9000 wouldn't be one imo.

I know people who still use Cab 20, 21, Ti10, MP100, MP99 etc. These imo are classics.

11. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    only NS i would consider classic is NS9900

IMO NS9000 (S/X) suffered from similar problems that plagued AT800 (OF/DF)

12. TASIO

TASIO New Member

I still have one ns9000x with me. Never string above recommended tension of 24lbs. I guess that is the main reason it is still working perfectly until today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk