YONEX French Open 2017 : Qualifications - FINALS (October 24-29)

Discussion in '2017 Tournaments' started by Master, Oct 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mate

Mate Regular Member

Rumor has it that it's ZZ second edition. Don't you see Chen Qing Chen also has less communication with Zheng Siwei as well .
    Maybe, Chen Qing Chen just wants to concentrate in XD and win her last tournament in XD.

2. mohans

mohans Regular Member

I have a general observation. Danish players (MS) always have this problem of controlling their anger on court. I have seen on a numerous occasions JOJo getting visibly upset with service faults and line calls not going in his favor and just throwing away the game from then. In SFs today, AA did exactly the same thing. He totally lost his composure in the midway of g1 and blew the match off from there. Even the likes of VA and EH often get annoyed with their own games and tend to lose focus later.

Can some danish fans (or any) explain why this being increasingly prominent with the danish players? (Just curious)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Gjcly

Gjcly Regular Member

Who else thinks akane will win?

4. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Seeing her play in SF, YES

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Srikanth after yesterday's match, "I think I am feeling tired now, just one more left. I just hope I can recover myself for tomorrow's match. I am really thinking of doing well. I am not worried about the results, it is just to play my best, that's it."

6. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    only if tty plays less then 90% of her capability.
    • tty is faster than pvs. i believe tty is the quickest of all due to her footwork.
    • tty has the most variety of shots. you can't execute all the shots without being in the right position. (again, footwork.)
    • tty changes tactics during a game when needed better than all other ws players. hell, better than the ms players, too.
    yamaguchi played great today and will need to play as great tomorrow. it won't be easy. she simply ran down pvs. she got back everything and pvs cracked.

i think it will be the best match of finals day.

badmuse, Vijay P., It'sMeMeMe and 2 others like this.
  7. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

i pick these to win in final ahha

LSH-SSC
    ZSW-CQC
    SK
    AY
    DuoLEEs

8. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

dont know why i believe aka will win after this post [​IMG]

9. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

Agree with everything in your post, except the bold. You make it sound like Sindhu dictated the game, and AY simply returned everything until her opponent made a mistake. Yamaguchi won because she had - by far - the better shot quality and dictated the rallies.

10. thibier

thibier Regular Member

Axelsen will lose 2000 pts approximately because he reached the second turn of French Open last years. So SK should be the next #1 next week

11. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Srikanth Kidambi has the hunger and desire to win another SS title. Srikanth will have to watch out for complacency and fatigue. He does have a habit of making heavy weather of lower ranked opponents.
    Kenta Nishimoto is riding high on confidence and momentum after his win against Lee Chong Wei. Japanese coaches are good at finding weaknesses and coming up with good game plans. Should be an interesting match!

Tai Tzu Ying comes with experience and is desperate for an SS title after a string of disappointments. Tai should have won in 2 games but needed 3 against He Bingjiao. Tai doesn't look to be in top form and appears a little low on confidence.
    Akane Yamaguchi looks in great touch and very confident after a comprehensive win against PV Sindhu. Akane has a great attack and solid retrieving skills. Akane's fitness levels look good enough to take her through the final.

:)

12. Baddyforall

I accept what samkool said. Even players themselves said this. Sindhu , in the post match interview said that .
    She did not play well and also credited Akane that she played well in this tournament and she took all the smashes of her which frustrated her. Cheers. Indeed. Sindhu dictated the rallies at the start. When akane started retrieving , sindhu made mistakes and totally given up. If it was a World championships or Olympics, will sindhu do that? Hope she maintain that quality in SS circuit as well!

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

13. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    i should have been more clear, but that means writing a justin l-ength post which i dont have time for.

pvs was dictating the game until 12-12 in game one. from the start she came out firing at what i thought was a risky pace (too fast, too soon) because japanese players have the best stamina, team wide. i was wondering if she could keep it up.

the day before she dominated chen yufei. the 21-14, 21-14 score line wasn't that 'close', so, hell, why not? she has to be feeling confident in her game after that. however, from 12-12 to 14-14 it looked like to me pvs either hit a wall or got flustered... then her errors started piling up.

did yamaguchi burst her confidence within the first half of game 1 by getting everything back and making very few errors? i think so because i didn't notice any physical problems w/ pvs. but, i'm only watching on youtube. had i been there in my 2nd row seat (damnit!) i may have a completely different analysis. i'd be able to see her body language between points from the beginning and during the interval coaching.

do the india based fans here know if there is a post match interview w/ pvs? i'd love to read it.

14. datoism

datoism New Member

seriously? it's that tough for you to go and check before commenting? Axelsen's french open points is not even counted against his current ranking.
    upload_2017-10-29_12-18-37.png

Hassefar60 likes this.
  15. Baddyforall

I will post it once I reach home. It is difficult from my mobile

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

16. thibier

thibier Regular Member

I said something wrong, French Open make 9200 pts instead of 11000.

It s not a big deal, don't be so rude :)

17. datoism

datoism New Member

:);)

18. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

I am sorry. I am not sure what you mean by this? Positive? Negative? If you are referring to skin colour, I find it offending.

19. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

This is pure guessing from my point! (I might be completely wrong).. But I could imagine it being a difference in culture. That it is more legitimate to complain about things to authorities (read: umpire) you disagree with in EU than in Asia. We are raised to speak up and complain if we think we are being treated unfairly; to not just accept things we find unfair, big and small. I imagine that in other parts of the world (Asia), this is not as straight forward or simply not normal.

I think everyone who gets a service fault called in MS/WS finds it ridiculous. Some players just complain more than others. Timing in the match also matters. AA's second fault was at a crucial time in the final phase of a close G1. AA had two service faults called in G1 and was trailing 19-17. He is simply too unexperienced to not lose composure.

Gade and K. Jonassen would also have been furious if this happened to them. K. Jonassen visibly wanted to smash something after the second fault was called against AA :p. What I could lip read is not something I want to repeat in here, but was bascially "that F...... J....".

You also have to take into account that service faults is a hot topic in Danish badminton for multiple reasons: Boe being hunted by that Estonian service judge; multiple MS players getting service faults called, which looks ridiculous if you compare with MD in general; the new service rules being introduced next year, which Kolding and Axelsen ridiculed in a video they posted online.

visor likes this.
  20. Baddyforall

I have a doubt guys. I was watching Srikanth vs H.S.Prannoy match. For eg, @29.45 , For a net of H.S. Prannoy, Srikanth played a net shot which is much higher to the net for easy net kill for prannoy. At that time, Srikanth changed his racket from his right hand to left hand and wanted to block the kill. Is it legal?. Here you go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.