YONEX French Open 2017 : Qualifications - FINALS (October 24-29)

Discussion in '2017 Tournaments' started by Master, Oct 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yup, in a way I've to hand it to him most times, always backing up what he argues with facts, data, stats (need quite a bit of research), not mere empty words or boastful talk (although he's a tendency to get carried away sometimes).

2. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

If you want, lets make it after 2004 or 2006!
    I use 2000 because that is the timeframe that you use for China as overall, not solely in MS.
    Taufik was weak when he does not want to play anymore and only give the rest of the medal (of major tournament) to Lin Dan.
    Even Lin Dan did not win any major tournament until 2006! Lin Dan won many things after Taufik did not want to play and became weak!
    Lin Dan won it because Indonesia was weak by his time!

#622 stanleyfm, Oct 28, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  3. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    First of all never expected something as baseless from you.
    Well, when you consider age, it's not only the upper prime limit that brackets it, there's also a lower prime limit to be considered. When you say X was 28 and defeated everybody before that, what you miss is, when X > upper prime limit other say Y and Z were < lower prime limit.

Also, I think it's absolutely inaccurate to use H2H as an argument to justify the intensity of an "era" players of different style capitalise against some but fails against others
    Furthermore, age isn't an absolute measuring unit either, some say, Hu Yun "blossoms" off late, some say, AY, comes of the shed earlier.
    There's no way you can compare WYH with PVS or anybody for that matter. Its not anybody's fault if they aren't in the same "era", and the "prime" varies on far greater aspects than age. So when PVS played WYH, the latter might be too old for her "prime" but you also need to consider the former was also too young for her prime.

This is all so relative all aspects like injury personal issues fitness issues concentration level playing style mental stability, mood on a particular day everything comes into play.
    You just can't bring a mammoth from past a Siberian tiger from future put them in another dimension and compare them, time changes , style changes, condition changes.

You can't compare oranges to apples. Brother. And again this WS is the toughest most gruesome era in the modern period, ofcourse that's realtive, and you might disagree.

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

'Already 28' ?!, yeah that's positively ancient :D. There is also a big difference between 28 and 28: for European players 28 is not old and 23 is still young. Chinese/some Asian countries players will have countelessly more training hours under their belt by the age of 23 and might be worn down by the time they reach 28 yeah ...
    (and maybe all the hours she missed due to injury have actually extended her playing career)

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I mean , just these three 'freaks' around mid-30s in age, namely Lin Dan, Lee CW and Lee Hyun Il still posing a serious threat to everyone else, young and old, is proof positive of how special, unique,great Lin Dan's era players are, and I hasten to include Peter Gade's name as he retired at age 35 after LOG'12 after being among the top few for more than a decade.

6. Mate

Mate Regular Member

Where are China WS after 2013? How many titles have they got?WSX and Wang Yihan were still active and very healthy at that time. Trio Wangs were very lucky, unlike Sun Yu and friends, that they were born earlier so they only faced teenager version of Marin, Nozomi, TTY, etc not the mature one. If they were born in the same era of Sun Yu and friends, they would get same fate as Sun Yu and friends. Stop using ifs and face the reality, Chinese WS are not better than the rest of world when badminton is popular enough.

virusvoodoo and It'sMeMeMe like this.
  7. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

I like Lin Dan vs Taufik comparison made by stanleyfm.

8. Nine Tailed Fox

I think 2010-11 was Wang Shixian's peak.

9. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I sort of agree a little.
    Don't know why TH didn't want to play.
    Had he continued seriously for a year or two, he may have won a few more and LD a few less.

10. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Well, let's just focus back on WS where he really points out about some country being weak

Thaaank you ;)

Yeahhh, that is kinda true hahahhaaa :p

11. hyun007

hyun007 Regular Member

Stop using age as prime factor for WS. 28 is not old. Zhang Ning won her last Olympic Game Gold at the age of 33.

virusvoodoo, stanleyfm and It'sMeMeMe like this.
  12. Nine Tailed Fox

I think Taufik's main problem was rest of the tour, not really Lin Dan or LCW. He was

13. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

he just forgot the fact that today's WS era is A LOT MORE COMPETITIVE than in the past
    not one country or not one individual player is dominating is PROOF of that
    he just likes to argue about china current ws lineup being weak or china doesn't have great ws talent right now coz he thinks he can provide proof of numbers of titles to support his argument where in reality he just can't face the truth about today's WS high standards

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

We simply cannot deny the sudden retirement of the two Wangs, WYH and WSX, and the long injury layoff of LXR, has left a vacuum in CHN WS, leaving the second-rate Sun Yu and a bunch of youngsters who are/were not ready to take on the mantle. Add to the fact that the ROW has more or less caught up with CHN, the problem is thereby aggravated for her.

It's been more than a year since Rio Olympics and CHN WS is still struggling to find their footing, what with the 19- and 20-year-olds like He Bingjiao, Chen Yufei and Chen Xiaoxin thrown into the deep end when they are still on the learning curve. I have a feeling, a year from now, the situation will definitely improve significantly for CHN WS, the signs are already there.

It'sMeMeMe likes this.
  15. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Even if the retired WS was there today, they can't win titles. Simply unbelievable that this thread is unnecessary flooded with arguments of unreliable matters because of that one guy's hypothesis.

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

It'sMeMeMe likes this.
  16. Baddyforall

Row is way ahead even when the senior Chinese WS were there. After 2012, they could not win any world championships or Olympics. That means, they not only caught up but also way ahead of them.

It'sMeMeMe likes this.
  17. It'sMeMeMe

you can't argue like this coz he will easily say after 2012 China WS couldn't win any title becoz their players are too old .... what a dumb excuse

18. It'sMeMeMe

you're saying i'm new in badminton?
    why don't you watch 2 videos side by side ... say WangYiHan when she was dominating and another video of say Carolina Marin when she got her world champion medal
    watch those 2 videos side by side ... and tell me if WYH can beat MARIN at both their peak time
    whose playing level are higher?
    jeez so unbelievable

19. Baddyforall

But she Sunday was 17, a kid , according to your weird age comparison, simply defeated li xuerui in china open 2012. When she is 17, she defeated shixian and yihan in their home ground to get world championships medal when all their coaches were there doing nothing. They have given lame excuses like sindhu' s long legs and hands. Next year , she defeated shixian Wang to get another medal. And the next year , she defeated li xuerui in World championships. And later in Olympics, she defeated Wang yihan to enter semis.
    She can't deal with a kid . What are you talking about. Anyway, nobody is gonna take your baseless argument that they were better. Because even kids are better. I would have accepted if At least one time from 2012 to 2016 Rio, if any of them had beaten sindhu of marin in bigger events. They could not. They had all the resources, your famous Li yongbo, Zhang ning, XX , Chen Jin etc. They are world famous right. Why could not they beat Row inexperienced youngsters? Because the truth will definitely hurts. They are way better than Chinese girls in bigger events. Deal with it. Cheers. They are lucky they could win many tournaments because their era were weaker except few like Tina Baun and saina. If they wanna win major events, their current 19 years old and 20 years old from china( in badminton terms and Row terms, it is too old, row have achieved even when they were 16 or 17 Even when do not have as much facilities and infrastructure as china has),they have to overcome marin, sindhu, okuhara, ratchanok etc. It is extremely difficult.

virusvoodoo likes this.
  20. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Thanks my lord. Please get back to the olympics bronze medal match court moping as well. Thanks for your valuable time and inputs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It'sMeMeMe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.