Victor Jetspeed 12 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ahren92, Mar 22, 2016.

1. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Sure about that? It's either you made some error in your currency conversion or you're unfamiliar with checking genuine victor rackets. A lot of fake rackets are imported.

If you're buying a used racket, that price might be understandable. But you clearly are saying they're brand new and JS12 and JS10 selling for less than USD100?? These particular models sell quite expensively so to see them being sold for under 100 should raise red flags already.

2. Ajinkya_Dan

Ajinkya_Dan Regular Member

The currency rate conversion is correct .. hmm the shop is quite big here in India .. i checked the performance against my friends JS12 and they were pretty similar .. he said he imports 20-25 pieces from outside hence the cheaper rate ..I could be wrong though :)

Btw i myself had gotten my Z Force 2 from Malaysia, Kuala Lampur from a shop named "Racquet world" at Pertama Complex at about 100 USD. The rates differ a lot based on the countries they are sold in :)

3. badmintony

Even if he imports 100+ pieces from anywhere, if they are genuine rackets they won't sell for less than USD100 believe me. If they do that, they'll be losing business with the items and this defies any business logic. You can ask any retailer or wholesaler of genuine rackets the truth about this basic economics thing.

I don't know about Racquet world, but even that ZF2 you bought for about USD100 is dodgy. And the price differences from one country to another are sometimes not far from each other, although that's beside the point.

You might want to post some pictures of your ZF2 and those victor rackets so we can check. Take pictures of the serial numbers and other parts of the rackets.

4. Ajinkya_Dan

Hmm he sells it only to me at a cheaper rate as i have been going to him for everything for around 8-10 years now.

I had done my basic checks, as i said i might be wrong. The country difference is pretty much a lot mate, a racquet in malaysia sells at almost half the price of that in an average shop in india imo

5. badmintony

Well good luck on your purchase of the JS12 or JS10. Just remember that you've been forewarned;)

6. Bieffe

Bieffe Regular Member

Engineer
    Definitely the root cause. As the material is pushed to the extreme faults will appear especially where the manufacturing process is of low tolerance.
    That's why some manufacturers has their max tension rated so low. But who of advance standard will use something strung at 25lbs or less?
    Sports is also abt marketing...So all these rolled into 1...quality may have to take 2nd place.
    If all players use their gear for years then is game over for these manufacturers....they may even design for it to self destruct.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

7. badmintony

Capitalism at its finest:D

8. Ajinkya_Dan

Haha sure brother. The reaction that you have now was the exact same reaction that i had then .. but then i decided to go ahead with my checks and trust him since iv been his customer for almost a decade now

9. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    Black Z2F is going at 109Usd in Singapore. New. Mint used ones are selling 88usd? Yonex sunriseclick strategy of selling rackets are very different from victor.

100Usd? Your seller is doing charity perhaps. :) victor normally sells near retail prices. Trying to build their branding

#1249 Junye, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    Aventus likes this.
  10. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.

new colour JS12... 2018 March release date... it's a slow wait. o_O

gavannn and badmintony like this.
  11. VSiva

VSiva Regular Member

I just got my new Victor Jetspeed 12. Even though I was aware of the quality issues mentioned in this thread, I went ahead and got it after getting a chance to test a demo racket at my club. Very much liked the feel of it.

I've used a Voltric 70 for a long time prior, broke 2 and left with 1. Had to look for a replacement and got the Thruster TK 6000. Enjoyed the freedom and the quickness it offered compared to the Voltric 70 (I still use it when I play singles). I would say the 6000 excelled in most departments and particularly opened up a lot of avenue for me playing flat and fast in doubles. One thing that always puzzled me though was that both the VT70 and the TK6000 are both rated mid-flex. However, the VT70 always felt a lot beefier (felt more "dense" in construction) and the TK6000 felt kind of hollow especially when hitting smashes, needed a bit more effort to get the steepness in attack.

Fast forward now, got the JS12 and had it strung with BG80P at 27. Had to adjust a little bit on the swing (especially when snapping the wrist) to find the sweet spot. Once I got used to the new racket, it really started to amaze me. Clears were very efficient as I felt the frame cutting through the air and making sweet contact with the shuttle. Smashes felt very good, I guess this is where the extra stiffness compared to the TK6000 comes into play. I could immediately get those angles and the smashes were a bit more effective. I felt it was nicely bridging the gap between my previous rackets, moving much faster and at the same time provide that extra stiffness compared to the TK6000. Flat, fast play was very good as expected. I didn't use a lot of drops (I guess got carried away and going to town with those smashes :), may be in the next session. So far, it has brought a smile on my face. I haven't played with the JS10, so can't compare it.

I'm hoping the quality issues won't show up on my copy but I'm going to keep an eye out for it. I hope this helps someone who is looking to move to the JS12.

12. BadmiCat

BadmiCat Regular Member

Great review, especial thanks for comparison with TK6000. Is your in 4U or 3U?
    It looks like JS12 is my new next racket :)

13. VSiva

VSiva Regular Member

All my rackets are 4U.

Remember, this is my first impression, hopefully will stay this way. I recommend you to try the racket before committing to it.

14. BadmiCat

BadmiCat Regular Member

I understand. I have TK6000 in 4U myself and BS12... And have the same impression as you. I just started enjoying high tension and precisions it gives and started thinking about something similar to BS12 but a little bit stiffer. BS12 my first candidate now.

15. John2909

John2909 Regular Member

OFFICE WORKER
    how is x900 compared to js 12????

Sent from my SM-G955N using Tapatalk

16. bdmtfreak

bdmtfreak Regular Member

Or you could always try to win rackets for free instead of buying them :D

22553272_1600452079975584_6136166339528672690_o(1).jpg

17. |v@n

|v@n Regular Member

Just re-stringed my JS12 for the first time since purchase... the grommets are basically toast... decided to re-grommet instead of twisting.. no visible sinking in of the frame.. then again i'm only stringing at26/27lbs previously.. went for 27/28 this time around with the VS-890. Hopefully it will hold out :)

18. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Looks as though Lee Jhe-Huei had the new one at the French Open.

19. |v@n

|v@n Regular Member

looks like it.. he started the match with the TK F though..

20. kaffars

kaffars Regular Member

Geologist
    I think people have been saying that he had been switching between the 2 rackets.