YONEX French Open 2017 : Qualifications - FINALS (October 24-29)

Discussion in '2017 Tournaments' started by Master, Oct 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Many thanks to the organizer, the lineup for the TV court and Ct2 with livestream is pretty attractive.

2. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

I agree with this. BWF really goes to far for next yeat compulsary tournaments regulation....

But I don't agree with this
    Badminton has always been a country-based sport and this also help in increasing the importancy of the team events. I do not want team events to lose its magnet because players start to play independently and focus more on his/her career without bringing the name of his/her country.

I do not want TUC/SC to be like football world cup compared to the champions league, or like how in tennis the players start to be a huge superstar without mentioning that much about their country anymore, and that by itself also cause olympics to be a not so important tournament in tennis.

3. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Lol I guess I didn't think this through. well these are the closest. IMG_20171027_150726.jpg IMG_20171027_150710.jpg

renbo and mohans like this.
  4. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

Regarding football: It is not my impression that football players do not prioritise the World Cup. Their clubs might not though. I may be wrong.
    Regarding tennis: Tennis is less of a team sport than badminton, hence team events are fewer and not prioritised as much (less tradition as well perhaps?). Fewer team events -> nationality means less.

5. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

That is true. Even TaiTzuYing will soon be struggling or is. But at least Marin has won everything, SunG? lol.

and for me Saina is the player that has changed the landscape of WS badminton. In 2010ish China was so dominant in this discipline only she can go toe to toe with the ChineseTrio and still won 10SS. At her peak, one of the best player for me. The only player in the SF of Olympic2012 as well.

#385 Yoji, Oct 27, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    nilesh123 and mohans like this.
  6. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I thought MixedDouble doesnt apply? But i think if they do that, they are taking it too seriously. Players are also human, Li/Liu is just not good enough long run. Too tall and too big so yeah, they can do whatever they want to do.

7. Akin44

Akin44 Regular Member

Techie
    Yea.. Sometimes i miss her

Sent from my E2363 using Tapatalk

8. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

In XD, as far as I know, the reason for the dispairing are because the current pairs did not manage to perform well at the most important matches: Lu Kai/Yaqiong at Sudirman final and ZSW/CQC at WC final. The reasons of their failure of course varied, like CQC was too exhausted or HYQ was too tense. After that, LK/HYQ also going downhill. So seems like they want to deliberate CQC from the double task (for the moment), and then try to pair ZSW with HYQ to form a fresh pair since LK/HYQ was not performing well at the moment.

9. mohans

mohans Regular Member

SK photo printed suits are not that far in India. So wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Agreed. I would give partial credits to CM too. She is the one who showed Chinese WS players are beatable regularly.

Akin44 likes this.
  11. hyun007

hyun007 Regular Member

You are too outdated with F1.

12. srini123

srini123 New Member

Every thing can have a fresh beginning if that’s for greater good. Even in Tennis open era started as late as 1968 what would be that when compared to total history of the sport? Badminton can continue to have team sport like Tennis does which is Daviscup. In a way separating professional and national interests makes it easy for us fans to pick and choose what we want to follow

13. srini123

srini123 New Member

Between sorry for hijacking the Frech open thread for this discussion, if moderates want plz move to more appropriate thread

14. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Well, the issue is that it is not for greater good. It reduces the importancy of the team events. Precisely why Daviscup is such a not very important tournaments because the player does not show the best or does not even participate in there.

So please tennis, change to like how badminton does at the moment, for the greater good of tennis.

#394 stanleyfm, Oct 27, 2017
  15. srini123

srini123 New Member

You mean the whole package of match fixes and use in Tennis? It feels funny how seriously fans take by quoting those stats on this forum about how many super series a player has won etc when we can safely conclude many of those outcomes have actually been influenced by dominant badminton associations...i would be happy say for example Sai Praneeth genuinely outwitted Srikanth in Singapore open, but fact of the matter is I would never know if that’s the case , and though i am Indian by nationality i am not just happy with an Indain being the champion actually I would be infuriated if i ever get to know that the final was a fixed affair and both the finalists putup a show of fight just for us

16. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    disagree.
    Marin only can shows some good result after top China WS already past their golden age.

what and how many important title that she can win when the Trio Wang's still rule the world ?
    nothing.

she is just lucky not to be in the same era with the trio Wang's.

if you see Wang Yihan, she still as world #2 going to Rio 2016.
    how old is she ?
    28 y.o, almost 29.
    what about the other WS such as Sindhu, Inthanon, Saina and etc ?
    why their ranking below WYH ?

now Marin only 24, lets count from 2014 to 2017, how many titles that she can win ?
    only 9.
    this is her golden age...but only 9 titles in 4 years.

and from Rio OG 2016 to WC 2017...
    no Wang Yihan, no Wang Shixian, no Li Xuerui...
    she has no competitive title at all for 1 full year

note : forget about Euro Champ
    it is very easy to win when the 2nd seed only as world #20 or 25

#396 Fortune, Oct 27, 2017
  17. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    H2H China WS vs Marin :

WSX 5 - 4
    WYH 4 - 3
    Wang Xin 2 - 0
    LXR 3 - 3
    Sun Yu 3 - 2
    HBJ 0 - 2
    Chen Xiao Xin 1 - 1

Marin knows how to handle China WS ?
    absolutely not...even when the calibre China WS already past their golden age

18. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    What are you talking about dude? KS doesn't have the best of results against compatriots, it wasn't the first time BSP defeated him, it wasn't PK's first time when he defeated KS in the Syed Modi finale either.

Furthermore, no more how "famous" or "wealthy" tennis is or has been, it can never come even close to the intensity of badminton and that relies a whole lot more of badminton still being a sport where you play for your nation and its pride and not just for yourself. The same reason why WC and OG is still very important even though it doesn't offer "prize money"
    And the fans are more indulged more involved because it carries national importance and their's nothing more motivating then making your nation proud.

The fans still go beyond their nationalism and support their favourite which only intensifies the emotions.

19. mohans

mohans Regular Member

I see a point in there, CM is not in the same era of Wang trio. Agreed and she can’t help it though.

Now, to add more validation to my point: CM was the one who stopped Chinese domination in WS.

A simple comparison: China always had 2 or 3 top WS players, they have always banked on to win all the major titles: Olympics, WC and AE. It worked for them for more than a decade till 2013, which actually is pure domination. Such a dominant force was first stopped by RI, but later we got to know that she couldn’t sustain the intensity to be a dominant force. Then came CM in 2014, out of nowhere, to win WC title beating both of China’s best bets then for the title: WY and LXR. However, she didn’t stop there and kept winning all major titles since then. Please note that she has continuously beaten LXR in all major tournaments since then, who has been China’s best bet in those years. So, I reckon that explains how CM stopped Chinese domination in WS.

P.S. I never wrote this long, even for my exams.

nokh88, Mate and stanleyfm like this.
  20. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    yeah, that's why I said she is lucky.
    her skills is not the best in the world.

she is just lucky not to be in the same wra with the Wang's, and also peak at the right moment, but become a flop for entire season (2014 and 2016) except WC and OG.

are we only talking about major event ?
    how about other event ?

if only major event, then you only correct only for 2014 edition.

I don't think CM defeat China WS #1 in WC 2015 and OG 2016.

CM defeat China best WS only in 2014 edition.
    WC 15 and OG 16 absolutely not.

and in OG 2016 SF, unfortunately she has terrible injury, even though she only trail 1 point behind CM in G2.
    she still has big opportunity to take G2.

LXR has foot injury that forced her to retire for 5 - 6 months back to 2014...where she is the only WS who appears in all SSP, WC and AG finals.

after that, no more LXR of 2014 edition.
    Marin lucky again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.