humidome.com

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by MistrYpsilon, Oct 1, 2017.

1. MistrYpsilon

MistrYpsilon Regular Member

IT
    and its working you say, better duralibity, life of shuttlecock ?

2. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    yes, much better durability

3. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    the steaming

4. juhani

juhani Humidome
    Brand Representative

Hi Guys, I'm the guy behind Humidome. This is actually my very first post to this forum, and I'm glad it's on this thread! :)

First of all, it's very interesting to read all your comments! I will try to keep checking the thread for your comments as often as possible, please don't hesitate to keep them coming! :rolleyes:

Just a couple of words about the background of the product - I started developing Humidome a little over a year and half ago, with the aim of coming up with an effortless solution to this very common problem. I did not see myself having my bathroom full of shuttlecock tubes (it has a poor wife acceptance factor for one :D), nor did I want to make any effort what so ever to humidify my shuttles. In short, I wanted to build the simplest tool that I could think of, that would decrease my shuttlecock consumption and help me save money. I knew there were other ways of humidifying shuttles, but none of them really ticked all of the boxes for me. I guess as the world is becoming more complex, we need the simplest of solutions.

Now, regarding the price of the product. While I completely understand why some people may find the price to be a little steep, I must say that making a physical product (or any product, for that matter) from scratch requires A LOT of work. At the end of the day, time will tell if enough people find Humidome worthwhile and useful, and are willing to invest the 30 EUR for it.

On a daily basis I get feedback from people playing badminton at different levels, who have purchased the product, and have been extremely happy with it. Like one early customer wrote to me, it's a product that pays for itself in the first few months.

Now, I have been selling the product for about 2 months now on my website, humidome.com, and the reception has been very good. Overall I have been positively surprised that so many people have found the website, and seen the value in the product.

Best regards,
    Juhani / Humidome

Gollum and kwun like this.
  5. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    I love innovation and creativity. I will probably get a few if this experiment works. Getting money out of my club is like pulling teeth though.

6. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    One question I didn't see on your FAQ. How long does the humidome need to be used on an individual tube for it to be effective?

I steam ours a day before know they'll be ready and in the right condition to use.

7. juhani

juhani Humidome
    Brand Representative

Thanks - very good observation. This has now been answered on the FAQ page! And below:

The shuttles will start absorbing humidified air inside the tube the moment you attach it into the tube. The durability improvement should be noticeable after approximately 12 hours after attaching the product. We recommend keeping the product attached at all times, and storing your shuttlecock tubes in your badminton bag.

8. visor

visor Regular Member

How many secs do you steam for a day before? I find that I need at least 2 days prior or else the shuttles lose its crisp feel.

9. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    Until the steam comes out of the top

10. visor

visor Regular Member

Yikes, that would make the birds too boggy for me. I'd have to wait a week before using them if I did that.

11. MistrYpsilon

IT
    Today I should receive product of humidome, so I can take some detail pictures. I'm really curious if it works

juhani likes this.
  12. MistrYpsilon

IT
  13. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    I looks good for people that keep a tube of shuttles in their bag.

I look after the shuttles for a league and social club. Steaming seems more efficient.

14. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

Sounds like you need a HumiCloset. Can't you just put them in the wine cellar?

Seems nice for the shuttles I always have on me. But I guess I'd keep preparing the tubes of shuttles for our matches with steam.

15. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

This looks like a well-designed product. :)

I'll be honest -- I'm too lazy to steam shuttles, and when I've done it in the past, they often went slightly soggy and had to dehumidify over several days. I really hate soggy shuttles.

The biggest potential benefit for me, however, is increasing the lifespan of my coaching shuttles -- as I use a big plastic box of about 350 shuttles! Those beads are dirt-cheap on eBay (thanks @dbswansea!), so I'm going to try shoving a bunch of them in my box.

I also like dbswansea's homemade version. I will probably pay for the Humidome, as in the context of shuttle costs it's really not that much long-term, and should be more convenient/effective.

juhani likes this.
  16. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    I was actually looking at my big box of knockers earlier thinking something similar.

17. BadmiCat

BadmiCat Regular Member

Great idea! :)
    But can you say how quick they release the water back and describe resits of field tests of the lid?
    I ordered a pack of these water beads and want to do the lid myself too. The question is how many beads I should use? It can be a problem because if there is too much moist in the tube the feathers start curling up and losing form.

I want to find a balance when the lid could be applied up to one month and it would not damage feathers.

18. xZhongCheng

xZhongCheng Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    I made 2 lids for myself with some orbeez in them. I had left it attached for around 24 hours and I found it didnt make much of a difference. I still prefer to use a ultrasonic humidifier over this.

Edit: I take it back. I developed my own Humidome, and it works very well. been using it for the past 2 months!

#38 xZhongCheng, Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  19. ronsonc

ronsonc New Member

removed - no interest

#39 ronsonc, Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  20. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    Silica gel absorbs moisture surely?