Any advanced level feather shuttle group in Toronto / GTA?

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by arzaidi, Aug 17, 2017.

1. arzaidi

arzaidi Regular Member

Hi all,

I have recently moved from Singapore, and have been trying hard to find a good group with advanced skills and most importantly playing with feather shuttles. I have visited few places but got very disappointed to see that almost all the groups were playing with nylon/plastic shuttles.
    Please let me know if there is any good group that I may join for a session and see if our skills match to continue further. I am very passionate about the game and don't mind driving anywhere in GTA to have a good game.

I am in my 30s and have played at competitive level in Singapore in good clubs.

Please help.
    Thanks,
    Ali

dave010 likes this.
  2. arzaidi

arzaidi Regular Member

Anyone please help.
    The reason I asked for advanced is that I have visited a few groups who mentioned their level as intermediate but when I reached there they were playing with nylon/plastic shuttles and their skill level was beginner-intermediate.
    So any group with intermediate to advanced skills BUT playing with FEATHER shuttles is good for me. So please advise. I am based in mississauga/brampton area but can drive 45-50 mins to any place for a good game

3. Nightbird

Nightbird Regular Member

PM'ed you.

4. SenthilChinraj

SenthilChinraj New Member

Hi - I am interested, Mostly I was looking for the same factors as you were. Except for feather vs plastic but I could play both the birdie's.

My nearest badminton place is Lee's badminton in missisauga.

Let me if you are interested.

Thanks
    Senthil

5. Somboa

Somboa Regular Member

Hi, we play with feather birds in a club in Markham (Cornell) on Monday nights. Major intersection is 16th Ave and 9th line.

PM me if you're interested in checking it out.

6. jennisawesome

jennisawesome New Member

7. Ricky Law

Ricky Law New Member

Security Consultant
    Hello Arzaidi,

There is a good club located in Burlington, Ontario - playing with feather birds and many advanced players. You can contact Richard at osumexsg@cogeco.net .Good mix of players - locals, Malaysians, Indonesians etc. I have been playing with the group for many years and have thoroughly enjoyed it, competitive and feather birds.

Hope that you can find this a good fit for you.

Regards,
    Ricky Law

8. daMaster

daMaster Regular Member

Badminton Birds in Mississauga plays with feather birds only. Check out their website for more info: http://www.badmintonbirds.com/contactUs.html

Why not share the info publicly if you know of a club that plays with feather birds so others looking for the same have access to that information. I don't see the need to be so secretive...