Professional Badminton Shirt Heat Transfer Printing Guide & Services (with pictures)

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by ERTHK, Dec 28, 2010.

1. ERTHK

ERTHK Regular Member

Professional Designer
    The Taufik Hidayat shirts you posted, is it from a few years back? the print looks like the ones used before 2009 :)

because there's no dot in between the names anymore, also the name thickness is smaller than country's thickness now. The thickness used to be the same a few years ago, but not anymore.

Nope, of course it's not arial black font :)

2. ERTHK

ERTHK Regular Member

Professional Designer
    taufik-05.jpg

This picture should help me to explain it better :)

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

:D Good luck getting a normal reply to that without guessing endlessly till you hit it ;)
    Those shirts are just from the Taufik clothing line, could be a few years old as I haven't seen anything new posted since it was introduced ...
    Of course if you want accurate printing you should find out which shirts had what printing instead of just using the latest on everything. Then again, badminton has along way to go in replica terms so people will probably be pleased to have something, anything on.

#63 demolidor, Mar 4, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Camel Sports is selling DIY kits now too I saw a while back but don't know how accurate or quality the print is: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=9105648042
    The flags are not the same in any case as on the real thing, minor detail but the ones they have you can get anywhere "flag patch *insert country name". Names look good, print material looks a little thin for the sponsor "patches"/printing as you can easily see the fabric pressing through ...

But it's yet another step closer to the real thing :D

[​IMG]

#64 demolidor, Mar 4, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  5. ERTHK

ERTHK Regular Member

Professional Designer
    If they close the gap in between the YY logo, it will looked better. Not bad looking though.

6. ERTHK

ERTHK Regular Member

Professional Designer
    Sorry to say this....I will delete my previous post if I can, because after I have seen the close pictures on Camel Sports, again I'm sorry to say this but they are not good looking at all, the sponsors print will fade or crack after a few washes because it's materials are so thin...omg.

I don't even want to start mention the name print. Please don't get me wrong - this is NOT a smear campaign. Go to the link provided by demolidor & see for yourself.

7. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
  8. ERTHK

ERTHK Regular Member

Professional Designer
    Hi Sealman, shouldn't you be asking ara? he has those shirts in hand, he should be able to answer your questions.

In my opinion, yes, they are good quality prints. Looks like heat transfer prints to me, but I can't be 100% sure.

Hope the info helps.

9. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    thanks ERTHK. wanted to hear from your comments before i get the apparels :)

10. SlaShEr

SlaShEr Regular Member

tinkerer
    Just got my order from pimp-my-jersey yesterday..quality is superb, im no pro, nor do i represent any organisation except myself, so i don't really matter for the degree of accuracy with the fonts and size. But they do look pretty good to me. :)
    Was a pleasure to deal with, shipment was damn quick. Expected to arrive on the 24th (UK) but it arrived on the 11th!
    Thanks ERTHK

11. Trinhity

Trinhity Regular Member

I don't know if anyone actually answered the question, but what is the type of font used for these shirts? Say you wanted to create your own shirt with your own name - what is the font type you would use?

12. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

Hi! I´m very interested to get stencil´s with: AFTERNAME,COUNTRY,YY is it still possible to get these?

13. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

Never mind, allready fixed it! :)
    IMG_0311.jpg

14. Tango97

Tango97 Regular Member

How do people know the correct position of the name because I'm pretty sure that a lot of stores that have a professional heat pressing machine in the UK do not do badminton shirt printing and don't know what the positioning is?

Unless anyone can direct me to a store who does know the correct positioning or does badminton printing in the UK?

Thanks

15. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

There are no guidelines for positioning, if you are thinking of EPL printing guidelines. There are size regulations though and the above certainly don't meet it [​IMG], so it will be for non-competitive use only I assume ...
    There is also no difference between football shirt and badminton shirt printing, the procedure is the same. Not sure if a store can just offer to print a company/brand logo though without a licence (not that it would be a problem for most probably) ...

#75 demolidor, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  16. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    The regular shop I go to would refuse to print a YY logo on a non-YY shirt which makes sense as it would be deemed a 'fake shirt' by Yonex :D

17. faizul_k

faizul_k Regular Member

Student
    Designed the name block myself, sent it to a printing shop. What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

18. Tango97

Tango97 Regular Member

Hi guys, I can't seem to get hold of the original thread owner who supplies the name block, does anyone know where I can get my shirt printed professionally or even be able to get hold of the name blocks.

If not someone could let me know the font of the printing on this shirt.

[​IMG]