India Badminton

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by limsy, Dec 13, 2009.

1. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

All the players spending time training together also helped. Camps are vital before tournaments, this is the first time the Junior team had a camp. BAI has now made it compulsory so that is a good move.

India_badminton likes this.
  2. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Reposting Tan Kim Her's Plans for Doubles Jan 2017

Doubles Coach Tan Kim Her Planning for 2020 and 2024 Olympics

He wants more tournament exposure for the junior players, a minimum of 10 international tournaments a year. We have also been advocating the same on this forum, for all talented players in MS, WS, MD,XD,WD!

One of his targets are preparing the next group of junior players. :)

Year 1 - Exposure (Results not expected)
    Year 2 - Development of Strokes
    Year 3 - Players should start peaking

Year 4 - Results are expected from players

Link: http://www.sportstarlive.com/badmin...posure-for-doubles-success/article9502949.ece

Tan Kim Her
    Excerpt:

So I have to think about the combinations and players available and have to consider a lot of things and develop a back-up for 2020 and 2024 Olympics,”...“I want to qualify in all three events, not just men’s doubles or women’s doubles and I just don’t want them to participate but to win medals. That is my ambition. I always believed nothing is impossible. In Olympics, it is all about soaking the pressure...

...what we need is more exposure for the players, some junior players need to play more events because if you don’t play you don’t know where you stand. I need a minimum of 10 international tournaments in a year for the junior players.

I need to form the second batch.
    Now we have some senior players such as Manu—Sumeeth, Jwala and Ashwini. But I have to prepare the next group. We have some players such as Satwik and Chirag, Dhruv, some players have performed well and I am impressed with them"

3. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
    Please do mention the interesting things that has been written in the link you posted because I failed to see anything interesting other than the fact that Gatorade is trying to break in to Indian market.

What do you know about Vaishnavi Jakka Reddy?
    Why do you only pity Vaishnavi and not Gayathri?
    After all both are of similar ages....
    Is Gayathri at fault in all this? How much understanding of politics does a 14,15 or 16 year old have? Can they cope up with unnecessary pressure surrounding them?
    Is she not human? All this affects only Vaishnavi and not Gayatri?

Read below article to get some perspective from the other side of the fence.

http://indianexpress.com/article/sp...hat-has-more-than-what-meets-the-eye-4853444/

Article rightly points out that it is in the Indian psyche to look down upon doubles.

It is the parents/guardians who are failing their children by unnecessarily pulling their kids in to a mess like this. Be it Prajakta or be it Vaishnavi.

Prajakta and Vaishnavi are talented youngsters. Right now all they have to do is train as hard as they can. It should not matter what format they play, at least not in the junior years.

Instead they are made to do rounds of courts, for what? for whom?

Remember Srikanth was playing doubles until Gopi moved him to singles.

#2283 rahuldarga, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  4. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

I will give everything about Vaishnavi reddy jakka , Mr. Rahuldarga. Please could you give the achievements of Gayathri in U-19 tournaments?

Why should i have to worry for a player who got it whatever she wanted from his father? . Lol
    I really feel for Vaishnavi who is at home because of this hypocrite world.

Done with you. Please don't reply . Hope Gayathri makes me happy again in the individual event ;). No problem with anybody else from india reaching final and getting title.

She is not simply for U-19 tournaments. Period.

I don't care whatever article you have provided. They have done injustice to some of the kids which is totally unacceptable. Cheers.

#2284 Baddyforall, Oct 11, 2017
  5. Baddyforall

"
    My granddaughter is a motherless child and i am taking care of her right from her birth. My granddaughter is a professional junior badminton player representing india at international level and is ranked 12th in the Bwf junior world rankings, second highest ranked indian in the world, and also the youngest girl in the entire world born in the year 2002 to be ranked in the top 12 world junior bwf rankings.

IT IS TO BRING TO YO

IT IS TO BRING TO YOUR KIND NOTICE THAT I HAD TAKEN THE DECISION OF LEAVING INDIA ONLY FOR THE SOLE AND SPECIFIC REASON THAT MY GRAND DAUGHTER WAS VICTIMIZED BY PARTIAL TRAINING AND MURKY POLITICS TO HER IN THE PULLELA GOPICHAND ACADEMY IN A METICULOUS PLAN TO KILL HER FUTURE, AS SHE WAS ONE OF THE SERIOUS COMPETITORS TO GOPICHAND'S DAUGHTER GAYATRI GOPICHAND PLAYING IN THE SAME AGE CATEGORY. ALTHOUGH SHE WAS A PART OF GOPICHAND ACADEMY, I USED TO GET HER TRAINED OUTSIDE OF THE ACADEMY EVERYDAY WITH A PRIVATE COACH WITH MY OWN FUNDS TO COPE UP WITH THE PARTIAL TRAINING METED OUT TO HER ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS.

Unable to see my granddaughter being victimised on a day to day basis ,i took the extreme decision to leave my motherland ,my friends ,my family and all i knew from my birth with a strong frame of mind to someday make the nation proud through my grand daughter's talent and hard work. My grand daughter was ranked no -1 in india in the 13 and 15 age group categories in the singles and doubles when she left india in february 2016.she won 10's of titles in the singles category on the Indian national circuit.she was the doubles partner to mr.pullela gopichand's daughter miss Gayatri Gopichand.

As expected ,after leaving gopichand academy ,the witch hunt and atrocity started on my innocent grand child, when she was unjustly thrown out of the doubles event partnering with mr.gopichand's daughter miss gayatri gopichand in the under 15 category in the bibli.com badminton asia u17&u15 junior championships held at kudus ,indonesia between 5th and 9th october 2016. At that juncture my grand daughter was ranked no-1 in the country in the under 15 singles and doubles category ,but was unjustly replaced by a 16th ranked player namely samiya imad farooqui to partner with mr.gopichand's daughter for the doubles squad in the asia under 15 junior championships at kudus indonesia 2016, which is a classic example showing that players will not be spared if they leave gopichand academy ,inspite of being as no-1 on the top of the indian rankings.

The minutes of the selection committee dated 24th august 2016 in which Mr. Pullela Gopichand proposed this team through his email is a matter of record and evidence . Is this not gross conflict of interest ? Selecting his own daughter and throwing out my grand daughter ranked no-1 in doubles just because she left gopichand academy ?

My grandchild then tasted the wrath of leaving gopichand academy for the second time when i had an encounter during the pembengunan jayaraya international junior grand prix tournament 2017 at jakarta ,where the indian team with coaches from gopichand academy along with 5 other coaches from sports authority of india attended the tournament. My grand daughter was denied stretching and knocking for the match preparation as the said coaches clearly told that they have come from gopichand academy and that they will not attend to any player outside the gopichand academy.

They said that clear instructions were given to them by Mr. Gopichand's wife Mrs.Laxmi Gopichand and Mr.Gopichand not to attend to my granddaughter. This kind of ganging up by these coaches against my little child drove me to mental illness and grief. My son questioned them that his daughter is representing India and that the coaches have come on tax payer's monies and that they cannot deny a child from her right and that it is an abuse of constitutional right to his child. They never cared, laughed on our faces, stating that this would be the fate of anyone leaving Gopichand academy, and in a helpless situation we bore the insult, the injustice and the cruelty to our child .

My son as a layman to badminton had to forcibly sit for my granddaughter's match to boost her confidence that we are there for her ,which did not help in her game where she ultimately lost. We faced such hell many a times after leaving gopichand academy which led me to this mindset i am in today. I had to take the sad decision of leaving my country as i was sure that i as a helpless old senior citizen could not fight against a blinded system ,where mr.pullela gopichand is the chief national coach, is a part of the selection committee, is a secretary of the telangana state badminton association,has his own academies,his own children playing in the academies,all the national camps conducted here only, all players trapped with no other alternative,performances obviously come from this academy and credits taken before the governments, sports authority of india funds and badminton association of india funds come primarily to this academy , no government audits on gopichand's academies in a transparent manner ,no audits of accounts in premier badminton league,conveniently not a conflict of interest for mr.pullela gopichand in this democratic country ,in the helm of affairs of the most honest prime minister we have ever seen on indian soil.This kind of obvious conflict of interest is flourishing from a decade as we were scared to fight against this gross injustice keeping the future of our children in mind.

This kind of abuse is being meted out to the players from decades, but no player or parent dares to voice out the injustice with the fear that their children's lives will be wasted and eventually targeted to burial. Is it fair that there is a different rule for every sport, for every individual when this government has come to power with a slogan of transparency and equal rights. I casted my precious vote unconditionally to Modi ji and made sure every member of my large family voted for BJP, with the last hope at the fag end of our lives ,confident that this great human can free india from corruption, favouritism,nepotism and injustice.sport is a field which demands equality and impartiality and that is the constitutional right of every Indian sports person having been born in this wonderful nation.

I WOULD LIKE TO BRING TO YOUR KIND NOTICE THAT AN INTERNATIONAL TOURNAMENT NAMELY JUNIOR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS 2017 IS BEING HELD AT YOGYAKARTA ,INDONESIA FROM OCTOBER 9TH TO THE 22ND. IN THIS CONTEXT I WOULD HUMBLY PRAY WITH FOLDED HANDS TO ALL YOUR ESTEEMED SELVES TO MAKE AN ENQUIRY INTO THE GROSS DISCREPANCIES IN THE SELECTION OF THE JUNIOR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS 2017 TEAM SHOWING FAVOURITISM TO PULLELA GOPICHAND'S DAUGHTER,GAYATRI GOPICHAND BY SELECTING HER IN THE 19 CATEGORY WHEN SHE HAS A ZERO RANK IN THE UNDER 19 CATEGORY IN THE BADMINTON ASSOCIATION OF INDIA RANKING ,AS WELLAS A ZERO RANK IN THE BADMINTON WORLD JUNIOR FEDERATION INTERNATIONAL RANKING SYSTEM ,WHEREBY IGNORING MY GRAND DAUGHTER MISS JAKKA VAISHNAVI REDDY FOR THE SINGLES CATEGORY, WHO VERY HIGHLY DESERVE, BEING RANKED 12TH IN THE JUNIOR WORLD RANKINGS AND THE YOUNGEST GIRL IN THE WHOLE OF THE WORLD TO BE ON THE TOP 12 RANKINGS.

MY GRAND DAUGHTER HAS BEEN SELECTED FOR DOUBLES, AGAIN PARTNERING WITH A SINGLES PLAYER NAMELY MALVIKA BANSOD WHICH IS GROSS INJUSTICE AND CRUELTY. GAYATRI GOPICHAND PLAYED ONLY ONE UNDER 19 INTERNATIONAL TOURNAMENT NAMELY YONEX SUNRISE JUNIOR INTERNATIONAL TOURNAMENT HELD AT PUNE FROM AUGUST 31ST TO SEPTEMBER 3RD 2017 ,WHICH HAPPENS TO BE THE HIGHEST JUNIOR GRAND PRIX TOURNAMENT AND SHE LOST IN THE FIRST QUALIFYING ROUND TO MALVIKA BANSOD ,AN INDIAN PLAYER AND SHE IS SELECTED FOR THE WORLD JUNIORS CHAMPIONSHIPS IN THE UNDER 19 CATEGORY?

GAYATRI GOPICHAND IS SELECTED IN UNDER 15 SINGLES ,UNDER 17 SINGLES ,UNDER 17 DOUBLES IN THE ASIAN BADMINTON JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIPS BEING HELD AT MYANMAR BETWEEN OCTOBER 5TH TO THE 8TH 2017 AND AGAIN IN THE UNDER 19 SINGLES IN THE JUNIOR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, IT SEEMS THAT THERE IS NO PLAYER IN THIS COUNTRY OTHER THAN GOPICHAND'S FAMILY. WHY THIS RUSH FOR A 14 YEAR OLD GIRL TO PARTICIPATE IN ALL THE AGE GROUPS BY CRUCIFYING DESERVING CHILDREN'S OPPORTUNITIES?

The whole badminton fraternity in india is bleeding with helplessness watching such atrocities meted to many deserving children from the past decade .every parent ,every player is scared to death to come out with the truth fearing that their children will be targeted and crucified. Why this favoritism to gopichands daughter? Is my granddaughter not representing india, is my granddaughter not working hard to make the nation proud.? I am not against any particular child or parent or any association. I am against this system which is crucifying young children's future's and hard work by practising favouritism and nepotism to please one an other.
    "

Excerpts from her grandmother's petition

#2285 Baddyforall, Oct 11, 2017
  6. Baddyforall

I pray god to give proper punishment to those who deserved.

7. Baddyforall

I request our other country BC members to kindly read this petition given by Vaishnavi reddy's grandmother and give your opinion about it.

8. Baddyforall

Achievement of Vaishnavi reddy jakka

1) Mongoiian junior international series 2017(under 19 category) - winner in singles

2) Russian junior white nights 2017 -(under 19 category) runners up in singles

Beat lana kuleshova of russia 21-15,21-7 in the first round ,anastasia prozorova of russia -ranked no 74 in bwf junior rankings in the pre quarters,beat hasini nusaka ambalangodage of sri lanka in the quarters ,beat anastasia shapavalova of russia ,junior european under 17 ranked no-17 in semi finals and lost to chasinee korepap of thailand seeded no-9 in bwf junior rankings in the final 20-22,16-21.

3) Russian white nights 2017 (womens international challenge tournament) -bronze medalist.

Beat yulia vasilyeva of russia 21-16,21-15 in the ist qualifying round ,ranked no-17 in bec junor circuit ranking 2017,beat ilyana filipchuk 21-6,21-12 of khazakistan in the 2nd qualifying round, beat julia bitsoukova of belarus 21-8-21-14 in the main draw first round ,beat anastasia semenova of russia in pre quarters 18-21,21-21-10,22-20 ,ranked no-61 in bwf junior rankings, beat natalia perminova of russia in the quarter finals ,21-19 ,1-0 (retired) bwf womens ranking no-56 , russian olympian 2016 ,lost to neslihan yigit ,no -1 womens player of turkey ,was 16-21,14-21 in the semi finals.

4) Bulgarian junior international 2017 -runner up (silver medalist) under 19 category

Beat theodora fragoulidou of greece 21-5,21-1 in the first round,beat amy tan of england 21-7,21-9 in the second round ,beat anastasia pustinskaia -21-15,21-18 in the pre quarters (ranked no-30 in bwf junior rankings ,ranked no-2 in the bec european u17 ranking, beat tereza svabikova 21-14,21-11 of czech republic in the quarters (ranked no -18 in bwf junior rankings ,beat leonice huet of france 21-17,21-9 in semifinals (ranked no-15 in bwf junior rankings , lost to chasinee korepap of thailand,9-21-19-21 in the finals ( seeded no-9 in the bwf junior rankings )

5) Eurasian bulgarian open 2017, quarter finalist (womens tournament)

Beat mariya mitsova of bulgaria 21-12,25-23 (tournament second seed , ranked no -87 in bwf womens singles , beat stine susan kuspert of germany 21-12,21-10 in pre quarters ,lost to maria delcheva of bulgaria in the quarter finals 21-16,17-21,17-21 ,ranked no-22 in bwf junior rankings.

The junior world championship 2017 is purely a 19 age category international tournament and all the players are selected based on the bwf rankings of the world in all the countries across the globe.

#2288 Baddyforall, Oct 11, 2017
  9. Aventus

Aventus New Member

Here's the difference: one of them has a father who's an extremely influential coach. ;)

Fact: Even if Gayathri turns out to be a middling, mediocre player in the future, she'll still have a decent playing career thanks to her father's connections, influence, and wealth alone. And a decent coaching career after that. Vaishnavi doesn't have that previlege. So yes, I can see why one might have more empathy for Vaishnavi.

That has nothing to do with the Indian psyche. It is a FACT that doubles plays second fiddle to MS & WS in all racket sports, not just badminton. One of the problems with doubles is that you need a competent partner and there's negligible talent in India in WD. XD has a lack of talented males. Her parents pushing her towards WS are 100% right. Aside from less money and less chances of fame, Indian doubles players have been mistreated and mismanaged plenty of times by BAI bureaucracy in the past, especially under the previous BAI President.

It's a completely rational choice to prioritize WS over WD or XD.

Tactics and strategies used in those formats are completely different (that I even need to state that is amusing). So yes, it does matter. If formats don't matter, then do tell me why wasn't Gayathri selected for WD/XD rather than WS?

Players themselves don't go to court. This isn't a trial. You just hire a lawyer and give him full power of attorney. That is all. You're right though that going to court was unnecessary at this point of time.

--

With that said, her parents are being needlessly confrontational with BAI and Gopichand. Someone needs to tell them how the game is played off-court. Being confrontational with the Indian sports bureaucracy, especially before you've achieved anything of value, frequently results in derailed careers. Plenty of such unfortunate examples in every sport.

Personally if I was them, I would've just sent her instead of withdrawing. She's only 15 and playing in the wrong format for one tournament is hardly the end of the world at her age. Plus, let's be honest, in the long run no one really cares about WJC.

I read her grandmothers' petition and honestly the language used is too desperate and too harsh. Petitions like that never work and only result in antagonized selectors and coaches.

The sad reality is that unless someone educates her parents (and grandparents?) on the proper "ass-kissing" protocol, they're going to ruin their daughters potential career.

10. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

What a sad story.

11. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Omg the bickerings still going, I no longer have the urge to visit this section anymore, What used to be the most frequently visited one.
    Stop it already guys.
    Get back to the topic, team India had a tough day today, a very bad performance.

You can't win MAS if you loose 2 out of 3 doubles to SWEDEN. MD had an off day, I believe in their ability but really concerned about WD, esp the mental fragility when the games are close.

Asmita had a surprisingly easy match, expected a lot more from Pillai, but to my concern Asmita is very raw, her smashes looks forecful, n is almost never in position when she lands.
    Purva as much better footwork but I don't think any of them stand a chance against GJW.
    Hoping to see a more "naturally smooth" Asmita and a stronger Purva in recent years

12. Baddyforall

What? If their selection itself is a question, what is there to watch?. Even Lakshya Sen looked very mediocre against some unknown malaysian player.

They selected Ashmitha against Goh Jin Wei. I wonder what is their selection criteria. Simply unbelievable.

No wonder people like above who simply don't wanna look about Selection team but want india to win.

I did not wanna see that massacre.
    Crazy.

#2292 Baddyforall, Oct 11, 2017
  13. djake

djake Regular Member

Dr
    The unknown Malaysian player is the reigning Asian junior champion

Akin44, India_badminton and badmuse like this.
  14. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

India with its limitations did the best they could, the senior Indian team also struggled in the mixed team format except the senior singles players were experienced. Doubles has started making progress both at the senior and junior level but India has a lot of work to do before they can tackle the big teams. Take a moment to look at Tan Kim Her's 4 year plan, 2019 onwards we will be in better shape.

In individual events the worst case scenario is 0 medals and best is 2 singles medals.

15. Baddyforall

indian players reaching semis itself will a big achievement. But who will reach semis?

16. India_badminton

India_badminton Regular Member

I feel lakshya has a good chance to win the title, in 2015 too siril lost very easily against Malaysia after our XD pair lost the match but he won the silver in the individual event and the final was also a close affair.........In women best would be to reach SF, only if the Goh Jin Wei & Gregoria doesn't come in their way.

17. Baddyforall

I wanna watch a player keenly, you people know whom? ;)

Let us see how she perfoms.

John I'm likes this.
  18. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Lakshya Sen, Rahul Bharadwaj and Purva Barve have the potential to make the semis. But luck of the draw plays a role.
    Any other player making the semis is a bonus. :)

Aventus likes this.
  19. Baddyforall

If i am not wrong, Lakshya Sen is world no.1?

20. Baddyforall

Where is Kiran George who was runner up in last years Badminton asia junior championships ?