Show us your badminton shoes!

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Sgbad, Mar 28, 2008.

1. aoichan

aoichan New Member

Therapist
  2. Daniel0327

Daniel0327 New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just gotten my new shoes. Love the design will try it this Friday. Anyone use this shoes before?

Is call Li Ning Icon Camo AYTL073..

My first Li Ning shoes and the sizing really weird, I wore Yonex UK 8 but this Li Ning only have 8.5 or 7.5 so I go with 8.5 and fitted well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aventus likes this.
  3. MistrYpsilon

MistrYpsilon Regular Member

IT
  4. Jooji

Jooji New Member

Seeing all the different shoes is so interesting! I bought some Babolat trainers for badminton and so far I am loving them!

They are super comfortable and provide a lot of support along with cushioning. I know Babolat is not so common but I thought I would try them out and am so glad that I did. I've been wearing them for 1 month now and play 2-3 times a week if not more.

I am trying to upload pictures here but it is telling me the file is too big! I have done a full review with pictures on my blog: www.badmintonchronicles.com

5. Petersen

Petersen Regular Member

The Babolat shoes are IMO super durable and very strong, I have used the Shadow 2 for around a year now,, that's really long time for a still happy jumping 100+ kg male with appox 8 hours a week on rough tile courts, in comparison my Li Ning Cloud lasted 2-3 month under the same conditions not to mention some veryyyy expensive Yonex shoes 7-8 month. I will definitely buy more shoes from Babolat as long they keep up with the fine quality of materials,,like the stretchable mesh and PU+ a well vulcanized outer sole,, so no need to fiddle with glue after some months :)

Jooji likes this.
  6. Jooji

Jooji New Member

I am so glad to hear that you have found the Babolat shoes super durable and very strong! They are not very common so it is nice to hear that someone else likes them too! Personally in the last month I have had no problems with them. Interesting that they have lasted you longer than Yonex ones which tend to be more popular! I find them very secure and strong which is great! I think they offer great support too. I hope they'll last me a good while too!

Jooji
    www.badmintonchronicles.com

Petersen likes this.
  7. Petersen

Petersen Regular Member

Jooji likes this.
  8. Jooji

Jooji New Member

That is so interesting. I like the shoes, will have to try the rackets and bags out! Good to know that they are good quality! :)

9. InvincibleAjay

InvincibleAjay Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    LoL I read your blog, looks like you husband doesn't know all about badminton as he claims, Babolat are a reputable company and even though in badminton they are not well known as Yonex, they are extremely respected and well known in the racket business and those that know about badminton, they are getting more popular each year.

My current shoes:

I am an Babolat Ambassador and have been using their products for the past 3 years or so now. I was previously with Yonex so can do a fair comparison. Just to summarise, they make excellent shoes with brilliant grip as the grip is designed and manufactured by Michelin, they same company that makes good car tyres. The new shoes are getting better and better and the price is about 20-40% cheaper than the comparable Yonex shoes. They make excellent racketbags too as they are the number 1 tennis racket brand and have been making tennis bags for a long time, badminton bags are hence easier to develop as the technology crosses over easily. Their rackets are brilliant and again cheaper than Yonex, however some of the top of the range require good technique to utilise them effectively. Their clothing is also top quality.

The only downside is their shuttles are not the best quality compared to Yonex, again I am trying to be fair and not be biased in my review.

I use all Babolat products right now and if you search on these forums, I have written many reviews of their products.

I wish you all the best in learning the game of badminton, I'm glad you are enjoying it.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    The only way to make a man trustworthy is to trust him.

10. InvincibleAjay

InvincibleAjay Regular Member

Badminton Coach

These just hurt my eyes, I suppose each to their own but I don't like the crazy Camo design.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    The only way to make a man trustworthy is to trust him.

11. Jooji

Jooji New Member

Haha thanks for your review. Yeah my husband said that Babolat is popular for Tennis etc but he didn't know anyone who wears their shoes for badminton. Surprising, as he plays in many clubs with high level players and some international ones too. I guess in our area I'm one of the few to be trying Babolat footwear out which is good because people are becoming interested in them. I think my husband might get a Babolat pair now too! lol.

It is true though, from all the people I have played with so far in various venues, I haven't seen Babolat on anyone yet either. An up and coming brand I assume. I think it will get more popular.

I am quite happy with my Yonex racket at the moment. I wrote a review on this recently.

I am definitely enjoying badminton!

Jooji
    www.badmintonchronicles.com

#1111 Jooji, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  12. lks332

lks332 Regular Member

I'm currently using this pair as well (Albeit the black and blue version), and i've got to say these are the most underrated shoes at the moment.

The cushioning in these shoes are second to none, and i've tried Yonex, Victor and Mizunos (my last pair) and non have come close to the level of cushioning i've felt in these shoes. Granted, some may feel its a little too soft but my feet have been thanking me so far with the great shock absorption after some heavy landings. This is without the sacrifice of stability as well, at no point did i feel that my ankles were going to roll over.

You would expect a shoe with such good cushioning to be heavy and clunky but they felt light and very maneuverable to me. The mesh fitting around the front of the shoes reminds me of the Adidas Techfit material, although they are less tight in that aspect.

Nothing to complain about the design, a very good looking pair of shoes to me.

Best bit? The price. They're about 30% less expensive compared to Yonex, Victors and Li-Nings (bear in mind my retailer gave me a bit of a discount so this may vary).

On in all, a great shoe with great value for money. Why didn't Babolat come up with these earlier.

13. Tango97

Tango97 Regular Member

20170920_224839.jpg 20170920_224921.jpg
    My new SHB03LCW ^^

#1113 Tango97, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    Aventus and skeksis like this.
  14. blackvitzrs

blackvitzrs New Member

I really want to get a pair of the SHB03Ltd, but I feel like they will be less durable than my current SHB01s.

I have had my pair for over 2 years now. I play 4 hours a week and the grip is still pretty good with no rip on the outside.

15. arsenov

arsenov Regular Member

IMG_1516.JPG Shadow is coming !

Aventus likes this.
  16. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

17. Japrax7

Japrax7 Regular Member

Working at a Great Company
    Welcome to the Babolat's family brooo... Enjoy your shoes...

18. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Which one is better? This...

Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 11.22.40 PM.png

or this one?

Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 11.23.01 PM.png

So in short, 3-layer Power Cushion or Power Cushion+?

19. dwankwi

dwankwi Regular Member

2CCBA0B5-28FE-491F-A476-5462A3B421B2.jpeg 8CD3A8A9-7CEF-4D07-B9A9-2A2657F7A3AC.jpeg 07C0AD41-024C-43D8-9C91-346E759A8FEA.jpeg

I have been using Yonex Power Cushion shoes since circa 2009. Have tried various models throughout the years - e.g. the SHB 100MX, SHB 92 LTD, SHB F1 MX, SHB 01 LTD (Yellow & Black) and SHB 02 LTD (Purple & Yellow).

Here are my 3 currently active pairs - the SHB 65EX, SHB Aerus 2 and the SHB 03Z. They are all excellent shoes in their own right. I basically switch between them depending on my mood since they are equally comfortable and grippy. Absolutely love Yonex Power Cushion shoes. They feel like sponges for your feet. (P.S. I am contemplating if I should get a pair of the new black and white SHB 65Z’s).

I have used other brands/models in the past as well - e.g. the ASICS Gel Blade 2 and the Mizuno Wave Twister 3. Both of these are extremely reliable shoes, very comfortable, grippy and the Mizuno shoes were especially light.

#1119 dwankwi, Oct 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    Aventus likes this.
  20. kaffars

kaffars Regular Member

Geologist
    I've always preferred the shb65s in general especially as they have the wider fitting and they're not so 'in your face' design.

But is there a huge difference between power cushion 3 layers or power cushion+?