Daihatsu YONEX Japan OPEN 2017 Badminton Championships

Discussion in '2017 Tournaments' started by Nine Tailed Fox, Sep 17, 2017.

1. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

2. John I'm

John I'm Regular Member

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    did i read this correctly?

Kim Ha Na won!

Really? Who's her partner?

4. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

That's what I want to know :p

It says a lot that nobody believes it's down to Kim HaNa herself :p

Looks like she's Kim HyeRin's partner:

#64 SolsticeOfLight, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    he will need to eat a lot..... like a huge amount of food.

badmuse likes this.
  6. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

when i watch KimHaNa and KongHeeYong play, I can't help to think "one is chubby one is very skinny, what a combo".

no offense .... am i the only one thinking it? lol

7. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    i did. kim ha na is an extremely smart & skilled player. she also knows how to bring out the best in her various partners.

jma97 likes this.
  8. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

ROUND 1

Get set, Go!

[​IMG]

[Pic credit - Toru_Morita twitter]

Morning Session

The first match of the Day will feature Indonesian duo of Praveen Jordan and Debby Susanto taking on China's newcomers Han Chengkai/Du Yue. On the adjacent courts, expect Ponappa/Rankireddi to score win and an interesting battle b/w Nipitphon/Jongkolphon and Kaneko/Yonemoto. Son Wan Ho vs Yu Igarashi could be exciting as the later stunned Parupalli Kashyap in his 2nd qualification match.

Wang Tzu Wei vs Lee Hyun Il on court 2 will be a treat to watch. Axelsen vs Tanongsak could be enjoyed on Visual Live Score before Jonathan Christie faces Kenta Nishimoto on Main Location 1. Following them will be Lin Dan and Sourabh Verma enjoying their second meeting in all competitions.

On Non Watchable courts, Tai Tzu Ying and Srikanth Kidambi will feature around that time. Srikanth would be looking to avoid his 7th loss in the last eight encounters he has battled out against Tian Houwei. At the same time, you can enjoy Aya Ohori and Ratchanok Intanon on Court 1 and 2 res.

Sung Ji Hyun will welcome Kawakami before we could enjoy two excellent duels involving Lee Dong Keun & B S Praneeth and HS Prannoy vs Anders Antonsen on Court 2. Rounding off the morning Singles action, Olympic Gold Medalist Carolina Marin will accept the challenge of highly rated Chinese Youngster, Xiaoxin Chen.

A flurry of Doubles matches will follow the encounter.

badmuse, renbo and stanleyfm like this.
  9. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Excerpts from BWF News, about Nozomi-Sindhu rivalry and the WS
    http://bwfworldsuperseries.com/news...otlight-day-1-daihatsu-yonex-japan-open-2017/

WOMEN’S SINGLES SPOTLIGHT – DAY 1: DAIHATSU YONEX JAPAN OPEN 2017
    TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2017
    TEXT BY GAYLE ALLEYNE | BADMINTONPHOTO AND SHI TANG

The buzz at the DAIHATSU YONEX Japan Open 2017 is all about the showdown in Women’s Singles, particularly with the prospect of a second-round clash between Japan’s Nozomi Okuhara and Pusarla V Sindhu of India.

Fans, media and others with an eye on the event mean no disrespect to either player’s first-round opponent but they are crossing their fingers for a third instalment of what is quickly becoming one of badminton’s hottest rivalries, following their marathon 110-minute World Championship final and last Sunday’s 83-minute title-decider in Korea.

At a press conference today, both players rued the draw has fated that one of them will definitely be out before the third round but promised spectators can expect another tough match if they meet on Thursday.

[​IMG]

Given the strong Women’s Singles field – with the likes of top seed Tai Tzu Ying (Chinese Taipei), Akane Yamaguchi (Japan), Sung Ji Hyun (Korea), Ratchanok Intanon (Thailand), He Bingjiao (China) and Saina Nehwal (India) hoping to have a say – the players at the press conference agreed their category has become increasingly competitive, with nobody guaranteed of winning.

“The players in the top ten are all about the same level and everyone can win tournaments. Women’s Singles is very tough now and I have to fight hard. It’s not my best season but I will keep trying,” vowed the Olympic gold medallist.

nilesh123 likes this.
  10. Master

Master Regular Member

When we think that CHN have a new hope in women's double department after putting Huang Yaqiong/Yi Xiaohan at Korea Open's highest podium last week. We don't need to wait for long time to see another rivalry in WD coming from Korea's squad Kim Ha Na/Kong Hee Yong coming from behind as a new partner in 2017 and they've just defeated Huang Yaqiong/Yi Xiaohan the rising Korea Open's champion.

We had previously known that another new KOR partner making upset in April (Badminton Asia Championships 2017) when Kim Hye Rin/Yoo Hae Won as non seeded pair defeated Chen Qingchen/Jia Yifan and Huang Dongping/Li Yinhui and bring them into Final stage but losing against the world no.1 Misaki Matsutomo/Ayaka Takahashi in rubber games.

nilesh123 likes this.
  11. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    so, like, the reporter talked to carolina?

12. jma97

jma97 Regular Member

thank you!! o mg i don't know where all the kim ha na negativity comes from o_O

13. Master

Master Regular Member

Yes, indeed. There is missing part before Marin saying that sentence. (bold below)

@stanleyfm cut that article and merge it without realize it will give the reader confuse... Some of the excerpt isn't only about Nozomi-Sindhu.

Given the strong Women’s Singles field – with the likes of top seed Tai Tzu Ying (Chinese Taipei), Akane Yamaguchi (Japan), Sung Ji Hyun (Korea), Ratchanok Intanon (Thailand), He Bingjiao (China) and Saina Nehwal (India) hoping to have a say – the players at the press conference agreed their category has become increasingly competitive, with nobody guaranteed of winning.

Having been toppled as reigning World champion by Okuhara and lost the final of the Indian leg of the MetLife BWF World Superseries to Pusarla, Carolina Marin weighed in on the topic.

“The players in the top ten are all about the same level and everyone can win tournaments. Women’s Singles is very tough now and I have to fight hard. It’s not my best season but I will keep trying,” vowed the Olympic gold medallist.

[​IMG]

And it have another interesting part AND I think it should be posted as well. (Sindhu statement below)

Echoing the Spaniard’s sentiments, Pusarla added: “Women’s Singles has developed a lot. The top ten to 20 players have been doing really well and anybody can win at any time so each round is tough and you need to be prepared for anything.

The rest of that article still interested.

Meanwhile, Men’s Singles icons Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei agreed that Viktor Axelsen’s triumph at the World Championships augurs well for the younger generation of shuttlers seeking to emulate them. However, both signalled their intention to continue battling for glory at the highest level, including at this event where Lee is the defending champion. For his part, the 23-year-old Dane said he hopes his good form continues and that he can build on his World Championships success.

[​IMG]

Later in the evening, fireworks began exploding on the courts of the Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium in Mixed Doubles first-round action as No.3 seeds, Chris and Gabby Adcock, perished in straight games. The England duo fell to Chinese Taipei’s Lee Yang and Hsu Ya Ching, 24-22 21-14. Malaysia’s main hope, Tan Kian Meng/Lai Pei Jing, also lost early. The No.7 seeds were dismissed 22-20 23-21 by Thai tandem, Bodin Isara/Savitree Amitrapai. There was no joy for Denmark either as both of its pairs – Anders Skaarup Rasmussen/Line Kjaersfeldt and Mathias Christiansen/Sara Thygesen – were knocked out in the first round.

[​IMG]

Qualifiers to the Main Draw :

Men’s Singles: Kenta Nishimoto and Yu Igarashi (Japan); Lee Dong Keun (Korea); and Khosit Phetpradab (Thailand).

Women’s Singles: Michelle Li (Canada); Mia Blichfeldt (Denmark); Haruko Suzuki (Japan); and Kim Hyo Min (Korea).

Men’s Doubles: Lee Sheng Mu/Lin Chia Yu (Chinese Taipei); Satwiksairaj Rankireddy/Chirag Shetty (India); Kim Won Ho/Seo Seung Jae (Korea); and Supak Jomkoh/Pakin Kuna-Anuvit (Thailand).

Women’s Doubles: Nami Matsuyama/Chiharu Shida; Miki Kashihara/Miyuki Kato and Asumi Kugo/Megumi Yokoyama (Japan); and Kim Ha Na/Kong Hee Yong (Korea).

Mixed Doubles: Han Chengkai/Du Yue (China); Satwiksairaj Rankireddy/Ashwini Ponnappa (India); Yuki Kaneko/Koharu Yonemoto and Takuro Hoki/Sayaka Hirota (Japan).

Source: http://bwfworldsuperseries.com/news...otlight-day-1-daihatsu-yonex-japan-open-2017/

#73 Master, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    Petersen, samkool and Cheung like this.
  14. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Tai tzu ying withdrawn?

Just now saw the draw. She gave walkover to the opponent.

15. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

yeah, what happened to Tai Tzu Ying?

16. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

The Adcocks are very inconsistent.

17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Shoulder problem

18. Baddyforall