Yonex Duora Z-Strike 2017 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tw1nzor, Dec 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Lemollin

Lemollin Regular Member

Technically LDF provide brute power like ZF/ZF2, while DZS provide pin point smash due to extra stiff for control, but if you have the technique and skill, the smash from DZS can be fatal too, speaking from a DZS user and im quite happy with the performance (power, control, speed and stiffness) of my DZS in this few months.

Personally i dont really enjoy hammering 3u rackets like LDF and ZF/ZF2. I have tried my friend's 3u LDF and it was too head heavy for me, dont feel comfortable at all to play and it is just not my thing although the power is there.

In term of speed/maneuverability, DZS wins by mile, IMHO.

dave010 likes this.
  2. dave010

dave010 Regular Member

Honestly, if the player using the racquet has good smashing technique and produces power naturally (ie. advanced level), the DZS is a better choice because control is what makes a bigger difference over 5% faster smashes.

thyrif likes this.
  3. x9981x

x9981x Regular Member

alright noted thank you guys

4. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

Yes, extreme fast racket head angular speed is required to use DZS well.
    Exact the same as ZSP, just that DZS provide more power due to stiffer shaft.
    Less stiff rackets provide you easy access to power, but the maximum power it provides is less than stiffer ones.

5. Lemollin

Lemollin Regular Member

Yes exactly, the amount of power by stiffer rackets if you could play it well, is more than you ever can imagine. o_O

6. dave010

dave010 Regular Member

Li ning makes many exceptions to that principle :p

7. Lemollin

Lemollin Regular Member

Well, the only Lining racket i played was N55 1st gen, which i kept now in my home, not in my bag. IIRC it was a good racket back in those days. The reasons i stop using it because there was some cracking sound somewhere in grip handle/cone area, and without original grip with it as my preference is Ac102 top with original grip.

Never really into Lining rackets because it is way too pricey. However, good things never come cheap, tho the review of recent Lining rackets are very good especially N7ii, N9ii and N99 etc. Might consider N7ii if i can find 2nd hand with good condition & price in my place.

Sorry for being off topic here.

8. Reevezai

Reevezai Regular Member

Hi I am new join to this forum...can I zstrike good for double?

9. Furholden

Furholden Regular Member

It is amazing if you're into control game.

10. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

Yeah, it's fast, accurate and powerful. But I feel you need more technique than other rackets to get accurate power out of it.

Saru, veldilucha and dave010 like this.
  11. Furholden

Furholden Regular Member

Well yeah @Reevezai, you'll need good technique to achieve anything with Z Strike. That said, it is definitely not a racket intended for the mass market.

12. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Really want to give a 2u version of this a try but apparently they don't sell those here. What a shame.

On another note it was interesting as one of the state guys said bluntly "this is the best racket I've used" after using it and he did use it that well. In fact he was able to secure both of the matches against his sparring buddies with ease despite never having used the racket before which wasn't the case when trying my zf2. I on the other hand have added a good bit of lead tape now instead of just a little bit since I removed weight when paint and stickers were removed and it feels good right now.

Wonder how it'll play like with good weight in it.

#672 swsh, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  13. Genkz

Genkz Regular Member

That's something I don't get furholden. I wouldn't consider myself as overly skilled. I am playing Badminton for 6 years now but am nowhere near to be called good. At the Same time dzs felt great when I used one from a teammate. Every hit was pure pleasure and even my smash (though I did not use alot of strength to not risk killing his strings) had a decent speed. Maybe my expectaions on a racket are way lower than yours, thats always a possibility.

14. Melissa Chin

Melissa Chin New Member

Hi All.
    Latest and last update on my weirdly weighted ZS. Got an exchange for another, as the retailer had two new ones in stock....also both weighted differently! One was definitely head heavier than the other, which was evenly balanced. The retailer had also spoken to Yonex who denied this was even a possibility. Anyway, up to the retailer now to contest this with Yonex further. If you're planning to buy one or two ZSs and there are multiple rackets in the store I would recommend you assess the weight (if this is a factor for you as it is for me). Thanks all who responded to my original post and happy badmintoning! ;)

Saru, ucantseeme, dave010 and 2 others like this.
  15. dave010

dave010 Regular Member

Wow that's crazy. I usually buy JP racquets and they're all within a gram of each other. I really find them more consistent than other codes.

Melissa Chin likes this.
  16. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

Thanks for the update, really curious! I'm gonna buy a third one and hope it's consistent with my current two!

Melissa Chin and swsh like this.
  17. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Some people can use rackets easier than others, because they use a tension, which don't need much work from the shaft to perform well. I get alot of rackets, where I think "Hell, this guy use such a racket with this technique?". I strung more ZFII under 10kg than any other racket. I also got requests of 8kg from a ZFII user. IMO these guys use the wrong racket, because this is not a serious tension for badminton with feathers.

IMO stiff shafts with not much weight in the head like DZS at serious tensions are not for everyone and demanding. If somebody use 8-9.5 kg, this persons will never face and realize that a racket is too stiff, a sweet spot too small etc. Just my 2 cents and why impressions might be different on different rackets.

Genkz likes this.
  18. Genkz

Genkz Regular Member

Hey ucantseeme, thanks for clarification. The dzs I used was strung at 11 kg and for my planed purchase I think I will go with 10.5 kg. If my assumption is right, all I get from higher tensions above 12 kg is only precision and as I already stated am I not the best Player (so precision comes second as my first worry is to get it over the net low enough to prevent him killing the shot or get a decent length with the clears so he does not have an too easy job smashing me from the court). What I am looking for in a racket is it being fast and at the same time give me powerful shots when needed with a nice feedback. And thats sadly nothing I have found with a more beginner friendly racket.

I used to use a js12 (until it cracked after its first stringjob :( ) and I wasnt really happy with it, it somehow gave me never satisfying results in the smash department. Might be my technique (of course it is, pros are using it at international tournaments) but with the dzs I felt familar from the first second.

My question here is, would you guys advise against a lower tension in the beginning to get used to a racket and then later on go higher with the first and second restring? And if so, why?

Thanks in advance :)

19. Babar

Babar Regular Member

The real good advice would be to use a flexible or medium-stiff racket with a decent tension. But I'm pretty sure you don't want to hear it.
    There are plenty of flexible rackets with great feedback.

20. Genkz

Genkz Regular Member

It is not only about what I want to hear or not. I bought the js12 last year, cause I was looking for an easier to play and generate power with racket. What I got was the oposite. Power wise I lost in comparison to my former armortec 900p. What I got and loved was the improved quickness in defense and at the frontcourt.
    Thats why I am now looking for a stiff even balance racket.

Is there a real flexy racket from yonex? The only one comming to my mind with those specs is the bs12 from Victor which I want to avoid, since my js12 died so damn fast.