Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

And yes, they did
    Our PBSI is kinda like a joke -_-"

2. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

3. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Just wondering, when was the last time Indonesia has 2 players at the SF of a SS level for MS.
    At least this new milestone should be cheered :D :D

4. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

And they through to final!! All Indonesian MS final.

#Tapatalk

titionthewall likes this.
  5. R4yZ0r

R4yZ0r Regular Member

Student
    Simon and Tommy @Australia SS 2014 I think?

6. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

7. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

oyeahhh, it was about SF, not Final ahhahahha
    sorry :p

8. titionthewall

titionthewall Regular Member

Pediatric resident, badminton fan
    Wow I am speechless with joy.
    Ginting vs Jojo in a final of superseries event? How exciting is this!!

9. titionthewall

I am not sure about SF, but the last time we have an all Indonesian final in MS at Superseries level was at Indonesian Open Superseries 2008, between Sony Dwi Kuncoro and Simon Santoso. Sony was the winner.

On the other hand, this is perhaps the first time I have such hopes for Indonesian men singles since perhaps Sony and Simon era.

10. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Yeah, just read it all over the news hahahaa
    It's the time when you kinda have expectation again for Thomas Cup, even though MD are actually not doing very well at the moment

11. indrg

indrg Regular Member

INA MD are doing just fine. Kevin/Marcus, the new rising pair Ahsan/Saputro are more than capable.
    What worries INA is the disarray state of WD due to first Maheswari's long-term injury and Rosyita's recent one. Eng-Hian is still mixing the WD pairings.

The retirement of Natsir and Debby after Asian Games 2018 while no other INA XD can rise up in SS is a concern. WS is showing no improvement at all; The WS is crowded and INA WS can't compete.

12. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

I was referring to the men department by talking about Thomas Cup.

XD is kinda in jeopardy after next year. WD hope is at the pratama players. Angelica, Sita Fadia, Agatha Immanuela are very promising. Near future good results are with Apriani/Greys which maybe will peak about next year, but after that will decline with the aging Greys.

Back to the men department. No, MD is in not very good state. Kevin/Markus doing fine, but not doing great. Keep in mind that the current competition is still at lower quality than about last year or 3 years ago with Lee Yong Dae, Hendra, Kim Ki Jung, Kim Sa Rang, Fu Haifeng, uncle BoMo, Kenichi Hayakawa/Endo. The others young MD will hope to emulate and reach their level again in near future. Of course we also expect Kevin/Marcus to do the same. Ahsan/Rian is a short term solution but the prospect of Thomas Cup doesn't occur at the near future; Jojo and Ginting will not be able to drive Thomas Cup team to glory by next year (maybe but the chance is small with Chen Long/Lin Dan/Shi Yuqi at the same department). The prospect will come at least at 2020, by the time which I think Ahsan/Rian will not be at such level anymore with the upcoming and rising level of China MD teams (for instance Zhang Nan/Liu Cheng just paired, will certainly expect them to be stronger). Ricky/Angga performance is going down at the moment, whether they will get back to top 5 ot top 7 is a questions. Then besides them, there is no promising MD players that can help to fill the 2nd post in Thomas Cup team for 2020 to challenge a top 10. Berry, Hardianto, Alfian, and others were not showing enough

13. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Thomas Cup 2020? Please set your sight to TC 2018 first. In TC 2018, CHN is still the contender with CL/Lin Dan. However, I am sure INA MD can match up with CHN's CB/HW and ZN/LC. ZN/LC is no match for Kevin/Markus and Ahsan/Saputro.

14. titionthewall

Yeah the fact is all over the news haha. Such exciting day we have had.

I am quite optimistic with our MD prospects. Fajar Alfian and Rian Ardianto plays well and have great potential, but they are sometimes impatient and not 'mature' enough in the court. You can see this impatience during their last set usually, when it is rubber game and they are impatient to end the game and then start making errors. They are still young, both around 21-22 ish, so this is expected. Perhaps better solution is to split them up and pair each of them to Angga and Ricky, who currently lack the focus and have enough experience and skills to guide them.

Fajar especially is a good front court player, fast almost like Kevin. I really love all their games during the Men's Team event of SEA Games, and their quarterfinal match of Men's Doubles event. If they can develop well, they may become great assets for Thomas Cup 2018.

In Junior level we have Rehan, Rinov, Yeremia, etc.

I am not worried at all about Men's Doubles, Coach Herry and Coach Aryono are dependable. They have always been producing world class MD players since the last several years. It is Uber team that needs concern.

15. Master

Master Regular Member

Natsir retirement is sure, but Debby isn't retiring yet for the moment. Debby herself wonder about the news spread out about her retirement post Olympic. Even the accident injury over Praveen Jordan is made by someone by intention I thought.

I'm guessing about somebody trying to steal Richard Mainaky position by making all these hoax spread-out. INA XD and WD exactly on the cautious condition but the coach have made the steps needed for short and long period planning. For long period, Alfian/Melati have been chosen to be the second INA XD pair after Praveen/Debby for 2020 Olympic in Japan. INA will have a training camp in Japan before Olympic starting. XD head coach said that he may need another coach assistant to help him, Richard Mainaky have been involved himself physically to make the best INA XD pair. Last time he said also about giving a priority to help Praveen comeback again.

Meanwhile I'm saying that Taufik Hidayat sometime making a sentimental news as well in order to get advantage for himself. IMO if Taufik want to improve Indonesian's badminton, he have power to do that. At least with his current position at SATLAK Prima who has a supporting role for any sports association. But, so far I'm not see any his positive outcome from the role he has unless making some non-productive statements.

WS not showing improvement at all? I'm not agree with you. Gregoria Mariska and Fitriani are much better now despite sometimes still lacking in showing her self-confident. With the cool hand of Minarti Timur, INA WS giving minor improvement. For competing in higher level, even hoping INA WS become top 10 players is hard enough. WS in the current time was much more different with the golden era of Susi Susanti. Even CHN WS is struggling so hard.

#3355 Master, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  16. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

In XD, the problem is that Praveen and Debby is very inconsistent. As long as they don't solve this problem, for me, Indonesian XD is still not gonna deliver much. Will only by like MS at Sony and Simon era, SS level, not olympic level (not even SSP).

WS showed minor improvement, I'm not gonna say anything about it anyway since there are not much that we can hope for there anyway. Their best shot is trying to reach top 10 world and win some GPG or SS (sometimes).

MD is losing its consistency. Maybe I am a bit pessimistic here, but I don't see them as favorite for Olympic/World Championship level. Still better chance than MS though. But the idea is that it loses its 'domination' like Hendra/Ahsan or Hendra/Kido.

For Thomas Cup 2018, Indonesia won't even get past Denmark I think. 3 Danes MS (Axelsen, Jorgensen, Antonsen) are far superior than ours even if we assume fastest growth for Jojo, Ginting and Ihsan (plus Tommy? if he still can maintain current average level of display). We already lost the whole matche then if we lose 3 MS. The same goes against China with Lin Dan, Chen Long and Shi Yuqi.

The best shot is at Thomas Cup 2020. I don't expect Indonesia to have TC glory by 2018, max is final

17. Master

Master Regular Member

As I posted above, currently XD department have already take the steps needed. Both Sony & Simon have injury problems that makes them could improve their performances higher than SS.

For MD, it's too short if we making summary about losing its consistency. In this era, the world "domination" would be a rare thing. Kevin/Gideon performance in 2017 IMO still remain equal with Hendra/Ahsan performance in 2015 and 2016 which is showed both Hendra/Ahsan only got 1 WC, 2 SS titles in 2015 and no title in 2016.

I don't agree with that "far superior".
    Anders Antonsen beaten by Kazumasa Sakai at Korea SS --> Jonatan Christie stopped Kazumasa Sakai at QF Korea SS
    Anders Antonsen defeated by Lee Hyun Ill at Australia SS --> Jonatan Christie stopped Lee Hyun Ill at R1 Korea SS
    Let's wait also the next tournament, Japan SS featuring Jonatan vs Axelsen (Round 2), or there is also posibility Ginting vs Axelsen (QF).

I guess that Tommy Sugiarto will not included anymore in any upcoming Thomas Cup squad. Better to put the youngster into the line-up as fourth MS.

Sundis likes this.
  18. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I think the problem with IndonesiaBadminton has always been the work ethics of the players. We dont really need consistency, Taufik Sony or whoever never uses that, what needed is titles. SS titles.

Ahsan/Hendra, Ahmad/Natsir and Kevin/Gideon are the most consistent pairs that i have seen. Throw in GreysiaMaheswari for the fighting spirit. Other than that, the rest of the players should look at themselves in the mirrors why they are at pelatnas?

Ginting won a title by being inconsistent. What about SonWanHo? Being number 1 is almost useless without titles.

Work ethics for example,we all know AnggaRicky is supposed to be no 1 pair after AhsanHendra retires. But they were usurped by KevinGideon and imo, they were never the same. Not even a shadow of themselves compared to 2016. Thats why other than KevinGideon, other MD or other second pairs from any sectors are usually(really) unreliable.
    But really if thats their attitude , then probably they dont deserve to be no 1 pair anyway (AnggaRicky). In any case KevinGideon is enough. Dont care about all teams cup if its not meant to be. and i really dont like FajarRian, their play is real awful always return serve to net.

WD have to depend on pratamas players i agree.

MS is better. not world beater but top 10 i believe Jo and Ginting can achieve. titles here and there will be good.

WS is still hopeless imo. They are better but look at their attitude. The way they move always looks tired after each point , sometimes i dont understand why? even when they are winning or losing i guess. Especially the young Gregoria too. I really dont like their body language.

XD like it or not, Pradeb is the future.

19. indrg

indrg Regular Member

You meant Praveen. Debby is getting married next month. Is she going to continue playing till Asian Games next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

She will, she mentioned it somewhen last week during Japan Open/just after Korea Open in an interview.

T: Lantas Asian Games bagaimana?
    J: Rencana kan masih ada Asian Games, mudah-mudahan nggak ada halangan. Ya kan tuan rumah pasti pengen bisa berhasil di depan publik sendiri.. Tapi belum mau mikir kejauhan ke sana dulu. Mikir tia-tiap pertandingan saja dulu, jalanin step by step dulu saja.

Translation:
    "Then how about Asian Games?"
    "The plan is still there, hope there is no obstacle. We are the host so it is a desire to be successful in front of my crowd.. But dont want to think to far to that yet. Just one match and step by step for now."

Not sure about olympics though