Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I sympathize with your need to let off steam and vent some frustration for the grudge that you're bearing. Make sure your safety valve is working.:p:D

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I feel their pain, every time their idol lost a final at the OG or WC, they turned their eyes heavenward and arms raised cried, why, oh why, and collapsed disconsolate and forlorn as if dead already.

It grew so unbearable that certain persons have found a way to come here and find some solace and comfort with other like-minded lost souls in an imaginary battle with the phantasm of Lin Dan in order to feel alive.

I'm sorry to learn of your sad plight. Get well soon. :)

3. renbo

renbo Regular Member

That argument is not convincing. LD also had very severe defeats from time to time.

4. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    i regard ld as the ms goat. i'm not talking about all around accomplishments.

5. nihat_anton

nihat_anton New Member

OMGVIS0607-2.jpg
    Still sour over LD's loss to VA?:D:D:D
    LD fan otherwise known as the Dan~sters took the embarrassing defeat harder than LD himself.:D:D:D
    It'd gone down as history, get over it. Go cry in your bed. Dansters :p:p:p Cry baby!:D:D:D
    Now read my lip, who's the MS world champ!:D:D:D

#9945 nihat_anton, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  6. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

You are the one who said that Tang was beaten by little known Malaysians.YOU SHOULD BE THE ONE PROVIDING THE REFERENCES.. Why pass the buck to me?
    After he returned to China he didn't take part in any competitive badminton outside China until the GANEFO games of 1963. He lost a match to an Indonesian player in the team competition under his Premier's instruction, in the spirit of " friendship first and competition second".

Watch from 1.30 minute on wards. He won the singles title later, beating Hou Jiachang. In 1964 the Danes dropped by in China for a warm-up match against China before proceeding to Tokyo for the Thomas cup competition. Tang and Hou featured in the friendly match and the Danish team was thrashed After the 1966 GANEFO games he did not take part in any competition from 1966 to 1972. No Malaysian took part in the GANEFO games. So he did not play against any Malaysian player leave alone losing to some little known ones until 1973 when the Chinese team toured Malaysia for a friendly match. Both Tang and Hou were in the 30+ and both won their matches. http://mynahbird20000.blogspot.my/2012/10/1973-china-badminton-teams-tour-of.html
    After that Tang took no more part in the singles discipline until the Tehran Asian Games where he helped China win the team gold by beating Liem Swie King. For the rest of the games he only took part in the doubles. The singles finals was between Hou and Fang Kai Siang which Hou won. In 1978 Asian Games he only played doubles. By then Han Jian and Luan Jin had taken over the singles duties. The only time Tang had played singles against Malaysians or little known Malaysians was during the Chinese team's tour to Malaysia. He didn't lose any match. By the time Ilie Sumirat beat him between 1974 and 1978, I can't remember which year, he had already stopped concentrating on playing singles.

#9946 tbgoh288, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    samkool, skhai91, Justin L and 2 others like this.
  7. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

8. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

By the end of the year we will have a Mrs Dragon.

9. Nine Tailed Fox

Another spectacular coverage of historical facts by @tbgoh288.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

It's not an argument, just to put things into perspective in response

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thank you so much once again for setting things right and enlightening us as to what really happened in the past which most of us here have little knowledge of. Thumbs up !:):):D

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

If Lin Dan fans are Danster, what do you call anti-LD fans ?

And nope, we Lin Dan fans aren't crying, why should we? The aged 34-yr-old Lin Dan whom the one-year older LCW praised unreservedly, is still continuing to amaze us by putting most of the competition including the young up-and-comers in their place and even advanced to the final of a WC against an 11-year younger opponent in his prime - that calls for celebration, man.

I know that guy is sore about it, but that's just him, he doesn't represent nor speak for the rest of us, true Lin Dan fans. You might want to qualify your statement.

Allow me to add that we Lin Dan fans have camaraderie but still we're individuals with minds of our own, and we don't always agree with each other, neither is there groupthink.

#9952 Justin L, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Who might that be ? Ah, yes, Wang Shixian !

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Little Xiaoyu grow up fast, your daddy wants you to see him play and cheer him on - that will give him such a fillip in his game, he might well turn back the clock and be in his winning ways once again ! Jiayou !

15. Nine Tailed Fox

Well, the recent Round of 16 exit from Chinese NG might change WSX's mind :p:D

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Well, she can get married and still return to competitive pro badminton, I see no conflicts. Chen Long should be supportive as the get to see each other more often when they travel together for tournaments. Unless Mrs Dragon plans to have a Little Dragon soon ad stick to being the Little Woman behind her man as she once said, I see no reason why that's not an option.

17. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Well with all the stories involving Zhang Nan and the ladies, maybe the national team now prohibit couples?

18. Nine Tailed Fox

Girls are afraid of going near Zhang Nan these days. Only Liu Cheng can go close to Zhang Nan and no one else.

tbgoh288 likes this.
  19. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

...and Liu Cheng looks menacing enough to flip him over if he tries anything funny.:D:D

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Couples not playing as a pair is fine, I supposed.