Collision accident

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by cocotte, Jun 22, 2005.

1. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    It happens quite frequently, especially with new partnership or partnering with a dominantly singles player. I would just step aside if it's too late. Best to call it early when you know it's gonna be a lift to your position. BTW, for folks who wants to back up and take the shuttle... try to backup diagonally when you're on the offense (back-front) so that your partner would know where to fill in the gap. Never ever backup straight unless you're already on defense (side-by-side).

2. cocotte

cocotte Regular Member

prof., retired
    Hi,

I was NOT moving backwards; just moved my body and face sideways to take a backhand shot when he hit me at close distance. His racket also caused a gash on the bridge of my nose. This was probably a good thing as it must have taken off some of the force that had caused my eye to bleed. Although my eye is now healing, I am increasingly getting angry at him for not apologizing. It is now the 10th day after the accident and he still has not done so. Four players who were there phoned me the next morning to inquire, but not my partner. He really has shown a complete lack of sportmanship. The concept of "fair play" seems to be unknown to him. I plan to show the comments of my fellow BFers to several members of our seniors group when I'll show up to play again, hopefully, in 2 weeks. BTW, my partner is NOT a beginner, having played for several years.

3. loverush

loverush Regular Member

Glad to hear you are feeling better.
    Well the fact that he hasn't apologized shows very poor manners. I am sure alot more people will avoid playing with him at all costs. I am sure that he will feel the consequences of his disrespect

4. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Cocotte,

I was speaking in general, of course. However, he should apologise despite who's at fault here. Afterall, your gash was caused by his racquet. Hope that the rest of the senior groups would convince him to apologise as it wouldn't have been right with the present situation. We are not just talking about sportsmanship here but rather human decency. His swing drew blood.

If he kept up with his silence despite all attempts to persuade him to do the right thing then he should rightly be ostracized by the group.